The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm convinced that Bill Belicheck is the greatest tactical coach of all time. This Patriots team, with *only* two superstars on their roster, a running back tandem made up of cast offs and a largely no name defense look like an all time great team right now. I'm utterly convinced that we're in the middle of witnessing the best coaching performance of any season in modern history (not old enough to remember/compare to Lombardi obviously).

They do have the best RT in the league with Sebastian Vollmer and a solid defense. Belicheck may be 1 of the greats but saying that this will be the best coaching performance of any season in modern history hell no the pats have only played 7 games, Shula's 72 phins was the best coaching performance of all time with Walsh's 84-85 niners

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
They do have the best RT in the league with Sebastian Vollmer and a solid defense. Belicheck may be 1 of the greats but saying that this will be the best coaching performance of any season in modern history hell no the pats have only played 7 games, Shula's 72 phins was the best coaching performance of all time with Walsh's 84-85 niners
I'm not old enough to remember either of those teams outside of grainy footage. And these Patriots are flat out dominant, even though there are teams that you could say have more talent on paper. Tom Brady is obviously an all time great, but at this age where he doesn't have quite the arm strength he used to, the offensive game plan is tailored to him perfectly. Or Dion Lewis, cut by the Colts who were a barren wasteland at RB, now holding the title of the best pass catching RB in the league. Why? Because Bellicheck and the coaching staff tailor the game plan to his strengths far better than any other coach could. They have a defense with some solid players but without a Von Miller or JJ Watt type superstar being game planned and coached so well that they happen to bring the right type of coverage for the right team every single time. Now I hate the Patriots with a burning passion, but I have to respect that this level of dominance with this level of talent on the team is nearly unprecedented. Didn't the Niners squad you mention have Joe Montana in his prime, arguably the greatest qb of all time? And Jerry Rice was either drafted then or the year after (I can't particularly remember). Either way, those teams were loaded.

Tl;dr - hate the Patriots, but Bellicheck and his coaching staff are having a historically great season.

Last edited:
Tom Brady is obviously an all time great, but at this age where he doesn't have quite the arm strength he used to, the offensive game plan is tailored to him perfectly.
Tom Brady has had no decline in arm strength and is playing better now than he was 5 years ago.

Hes better than Rodgers right now.

That's the main reason the Patriots are so good this year.

Tom Brady is their system.

But Belichick has done a masterful job with the defense.

oops double post

Last edited by a moderator:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Belichick has a defensive background to begin with, doesn't he?

What's even more impressive is that Belichick still maintains most of the control over the offense and defense, AND still has time to be a head coach. The level of attention and micromanagement he's capable of maintaining successfully is really uncanny.

Niners won 2 SB's before getting 3 with Rice, "now holding the title of the best pass catching RB in the league" umm no Bell and Charles hold that and Rodgers is still better than Brady^^^

All-ACL team:
Jordy Nelson
Kelvin Benjamin
Jamaal Charles
Terrell Suggs
Lance Dunbar
Cameron Wake
Arian Foster
Kelvin Beachum
Shoot this team could win a Super Bowl but they have no quarterback.....yet

Last edited:
Looks like the All-IR team with Foster and Beachum so might as well add Cameron Wake

Yep there it is. Missed that the first time reading through

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
He said Wake in the first list which is why I added the other IR guys. Just trying to make a more complete team!

Another petty team accusing the patriots of cheating

Rodgers is better, but Brady is playing better.

Hes averaging 100 more YPG than him lol.
It doesn't help that Brady has a better supporting cast than Rodgers right now. Nelson is on IR and Cobb has been inefficient. His best receiver is James fucking Jones. Brady's receivers are very mediocre but Rodger's receivers are banged up. Even if Edelman, Amendola etc. have inflated numbers due to Brady being their QB, I'd take them before Devante Adams(banged up) and James Jones. Rodgers is effectively carrying the Packers to 6-0. Brady has Gronk to help him out and effective enough receivers. Also, let's not forget that Cam Newton is also 6-0. His best receiver not counting Greg Olsen(who is a TE) is Ted Ginn. In my opinion, these 3 are the frontrunners for MVP. Andy Dalton is playing at an All-Pro level but keep in mind that he has a supporting cast that Rodgers, Brady, and Cam would be jealous of. Tyler Eifert, AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Jeremy Hill, and Giovanni Bernard are really good so that's why I'm not saying Dalton for MVP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)