Tournament LC Tour 2015 Playoffs - Won by Heysup

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Six weeks later, here we are! Gonna make it short and sweet for you guys. Each match is a best-of-3, and all three metas (DPP, BW, ORAS) will be played. The first meta will be chosen by the higher seed player. Game 2's meta will be chosen by the loser of the 1st game, and Game 3 will be the remaining meta.

Quarters:

1. mad0ka vs 8. Joltage
2. Heysup vs 7. majaspic22
3. Confide. vs 6. Vubon
4. kingmidas vs 5. macle

Semis:

4. kingmidas vs 8. Joltage
2. Heysup vs 3. Confide.

Finals:

2. Heysup vs 4. kingmidas

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1. mad0ka vs 8. Joltage - Lucy is really good in bo3, one of the best current LCers and dominates like every tournament

2. Heysup vs 7. majaspic22 - I don't think there's ever been a matchup with more potential for Heysup-dooming hax

3. Confide. vs 6. Vubon - this ladder hero battle will come down to who 'innovates' the hardest, or to whoever gets the most u-turns into Diglett

4. kingmidas vs 5. macle - I just think km is a stronger battler, could easily go both ways

won vs Majaspic22 in DPP and ORAS (thanks in part due to Rock Slide miss), lost in BW (thanks in part to a very ill-timed last turn paralysis).

played badly DPP, got lucky in BW, and ORAS ended on a miss instead of a 50/50 game that would have been fun, ggs, gl for the rest

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
madoka and KM need to win so that more wild card spots are open :)
heysup winning wasn't a surprise
idk about vubon vs confide, but confide has definitely been doing some work lately so I give it to him

gl to everyone

forgot to post replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4lc-111425 dp (heysup)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-111432 oras (heysup

got unlucky in the oras match but as a wise man once said:
+OP: who
+OP: cares
+OP: zzz

yeah who cares when a dude comes so so soooo close to winning a relevant tour but cant do that because scald is a gay move (see my lc open match vs kingler)

real talk tho s/o MY DAY 1 NIGGA Cydrolic aka sage aka best lc player to ever walk this planet
also thanks to Fiend for helping me test too :s

gl km/heysup
hope joltage takes it all though

p e a c e

e: almost forgot thx levi and madoka for being cool :D

ok now for real

p e a c e

got unlucky in the oras match but as a wise man once said:
+OP: who
+OP: cares
+OP: zzz

yeah who cares when a dude comes so so soooo close to winning a relevant tour but cant do that because scald is a gay move (see my lc open match vs kingler)
For the record I was talking to everyone saying you made a terrible play, relied on luck, etc. Of course it sucks to get haxed in any situation but especially when it mattered for something big. I'm fairly certain you made the correct play and it was annoying seeing everyone bash you, which is annoying even when someone makes the wrong play. Both of you guys played well and it was a fun match to watch until everyone started criticizing the slightly controversial play. Hope you stick around and have some better luck in the future :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)