Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 7 (read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*watching Battle Revolution videos on YouTube*

Okay, so I just watched a Palkia use Earth Power on Jolteon and the Jolteon lived. From the HP for Jolteon displayed in the footage I'd guess he's eaten his IV Wheaties, but I didn't think it would be that good.

Is this a good example of why soft resetting if you intend to actually use an Uber is worth it?

well jolteon DOES have base 95 Sdef and earth power is a special typed . Also assuming that RANDOM trainers batte RANDOM pokemon resluting in RANDOM EV speards.

P.S: by soft reseting i assume save right before the fight and catch legendary pokemon check IV/nature and decide either keep or revert to last save

i usually give it a shot but then i get bored

does a modest ditto with only flawless speed works good with breeding?
If you just want to pass nature and the speed IV, then sure. the other parent can pass other stats too. You might want to try and find another Modest one with max SAtk and Speed though, just to make things easier.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
A question of etiquette...

I'm vehemently against hacking, but recently a PAL copy of Pokemon Channel came into my possession. Ths can give me one legit Jirachi, and if I copy my Memory Card save, I should be able to soft-reset for Jirachi. However, only one can be sent per game. And the game must be completed. So assume I start a New Game each time, but enter a AR code so that the game is classed as completed. This way I can repeatedly send Jirachis.

Although the Jirachi would be legit, would you class this as hacking?

I'm vehemently against hacking, but recently a PAL copy of Pokemon Channel came into my possession. Ths can give me one legit Jirachi, and if I copy my Memory Card save, I should be able to soft-reset for Jirachi. However, only one can be sent per game. And the game must be completed. So assume I start a New Game each time, but enter a AR code so that the game is classed as completed. This way I can repeatedly send Jirachis.

It's sounds more like a harmless "loop hole" rather than some sort of hack. If you didnt have to use the AR at all, i dont think anyone would have a problem with it. the jirachis are legit so i dont see a problem with doing it... i would trade you for one, and would put up a legit bread pokemon for it. It's more of an exploit than a hack.. imo. Nothing wrong with exploiting games natural flaws :). Its just like cloning on emerald.. no one really cared.

Channel has infinite Jirachis. It's one per R/S save file.

That'd be like an instant egg hatching codes.....It totally gives an unfair avantage, so yes, I would class it as hacking.

No one can actually state if something is legit or not... there is no "Over Arching" blanket approval of these types of things. What someone thinks is just a simple short cut is totally wrong in someone elses eyes. The argument will go on forever, ad nauseum.

What is the "Personality" drop down in Metal Kid's calculator? Is it just if the nature benefits the type of attack you are using?

I'm going to be trying to reset for a really, really good Heatran. Assuming Modest nature, what are the max stats it could have at the level you catch it?

I need a Special Wall that can Phaze, whats a good one?I was using Articuno, but the fact it's weak to Bolt-Beam and Flamethrower is really off putting as well as the 50% from SR.Mainly it has to counter Spec-Mence.
well, its a "bulky water" more than a special wall, but there's always the classic

Suicune
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Rest
- Surf

i play with with Item Clause, and im wondering what to give Jolteon (Blissey obv has the Leftovers), im using a sweeper Starmie, so i figure either Salac or Petaya is great for it

should i use Salac or Petaya on Jolteon?
should i use Wise Glasses or Life Orb on Starmie?

You don't want Life Orb on Starmie because it can recover.
Jolteon is fast enough already so Petaya is probabaly best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)