Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 7 (read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the ability Natural Cure work when fighting wild Pokemon? If I get poisoned and win the battle instead of withdrawing that Pokemon does that also count and remove the poison effect?

name: Swords Dancer
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Razor Leaf
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Body Slam / Sleep Powder / Stun Spore
item: Leftovers
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 spd

Is this set remotely usable in standard? If not, which vileplume set (Minus Leech Seed) is usable?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A question of etiquette...

I'm vehemently against hacking, but recently a PAL copy of Pokemon Channel came into my possession. Ths can give me one legit Jirachi, and if I copy my Memory Card save, I should be able to soft-reset for Jirachi. However, only one can be sent per game. And the game must be completed. So assume I start a New Game each time, but enter a AR code so that the game is classed as completed. This way I can repeatedly send Jirachis.

Although the Jirachi would be legit, would you class this as hacking?
EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read it through. If you use the AR, then it is considered cheating.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
name: Swords Dancer
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Razor Leaf
move 3: Drain Punch
move 4: Body Slam / Sleep Powder / Stun Spore
item: Leftovers
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 spd

Is this set remotely usable in standard? If not, which vileplume set (Minus Leech Seed) is usable?
Vileplume isn't really usable at all in Standards, because it is weak and many Pokemon are just better Grass types.

If it's from DP, then it must have Hock Head ability. If it's from 3rd gen. then you have a chance to get Solid Rock don't matter the ability it has.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Where can I find a guide to the phrases pokes have (mischevious for a 31 Satk IV, but I want to know the others too)

Where can I find a guide to the phrases pokes have (mischevious for a 31 Satk IV, but I want to know the others too)
There is a list, though I don't know exacly were it is.The things that I memorised though are:

Mischevious -> 31 SpAtk
Often Dozes Off -> 31 HP
Alert to Sounds -> 31 Spd
Likes to Thrash About -> 31 Atk
Somewhat Vain -> 31 SpDef
Capable of Taking Hits -> 31 Def
Proud of It's Power -> 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 Atk
Likes to run -> 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 Spd

Also, if it has these it doesn't automatically meen it has that 31.These show up if that stat has the highest IV, and these all would meen it's either 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 or 31.The last two meen 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 in that IV.

Is Fury Cutter's boosted power after using it a couple times able to be baton passed to another Fury Cutter user? Rather specialized use, but I'm curious anyhow. :nerd:

why do people always use Tentacruel on hail teams?
what does he contribute that others with higher stats and better movepools don't?

*busts out his big book of pokemon info*
*mumbles heat wave dadadada*
*screams WHAT ITS NOT IN HERE!!*

no it doest and theres a link to prove it

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/heatwave.shtml

what does he contribute that others with higher stats and better movepools don't?
well you lead off with Abomasnow and naturaly it will draw out fire attacks like bears to honey so the switch to tentacreal which is NVE and couped with its high SDEF takes bractly nothing. lays 2 layers of toxic spikes and switches to walrein and stalls for ever

thats basicly it

I'm not sure, though the reasons I would use him are:

He gives a Fighting Type resistance, and Ice types are weak to Fighting.

He will instantly remove opposing Toxic Spikes, which would ruin Wallrein.

He can set up Toxic Spikes, expanding Wallrein's stalling capablities from stalling out 2 pokemon to a whole team(Substitute + Protect give 32 turns of stall, which with Hail damage takes out 2 full health pokemon.With Toxic Spikes making them take more damage though, he can wipe out a whole team before running out of PP.).

He can Knock Off opposing wall's Leftovers, which would otherwise nulify Hail damage.

He will absorb Fire attacks aimed at Abomasnow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)