SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you only use one Adrenaline Orb per battle or do you have to use multiple?
Once per battle. It carries on for the entire SOS 'Chain'.
That said, going through the motions of using additional Adrenaline Orbs is an effective stall tactic if you're waiting for a wounded enemy to successfully call for support. It doesn't deplete your stock (because you've already activated one) and you don't burn through your own PPs either.

Also wild mons calling for help
Something weird is going on with EVs and Call for help chaining/Power items. (Pokerus and power item enabled for everything)

I accidentaly killed the last Lilipup standing after killing 4 and my ATK EV had already gone from 100 to 252.

Then I checked by killing a single Caterpie and I gained 18 HP EVs.

EDIT:

Some more testing on the EV thing:

Defeating 2 Caterpie with Pokerus and power item

118 -> 190 = +72

18 for the first and 54(18*3) for the second.

It might be related to adrenaline orb itself still.

It seems like Game Freak does care ;']

EDIT2:
Popped an Adrenaline Orb and killed a Caterpie -> +18 EVs.

Looks like it goes up with kills made in the chain.
I have tested EV gain for two, three and four kills.

I got:

18 + 54

18 + 54 + 36

18 + 54 + 36 + 36

Looks like it corrects for only 18 being awarded for the first kill on the second kill by giving triple EVS and gives double from there.

EDIT:

Nope, it's simpler than this.

From the moment a called ally is in play all EVs are doubled.

Quick question: do Pokepelego and Festival plaza have items that reset your evs? Really want to go through the story mode without having to worry about my good natured mons having crap evs.

Not sure if it was answered already but has synchronize been buffed to 100% effectiveness? And will synchronize work on summoned pokemon from the adrenaline orb?

Not sure if it was answered already but has synchronize been buffed to 100% effectiveness? And will synchronize work on summoned pokemon from the adrenaline orb?
Think the effectiveness is still the same and it works on all Pokemon that get summoned.

I just read Gengar's dex entry...

"Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up."

I just read Gengar's dex entry...
"Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up."
That's nothing new, Gengar and Haunter have had deathly 'Dex entries for years. What is surprising is how many other new Pokemon have vicious entries, like Talonflame eating smaller bird 'mons or Metapod's innards spilling out.

I mean it's still a pokemon, not a machine. He didn't really "program" it to be dark and cruel. Just being realistic really.
I don't think rotom is literally researching the information for you. The data was likely already written & stored by Kukui or whatever professor actually writes these out and Rotom just displays them to you because god dang it we need to make the pokedex marketable

I don't think rotom is literally researching the information for you. The data was likely already written & stored by Kukui or whatever professor actually writes these out and Rotom just displays them to you because god dang it we need to make the pokedex marketable
Seems to me it's a Rotom's knowledge more than Kukui. Especially since other forms/Mega evolution is not his expertise. Remember how we all thought Megas were a result of powerful friendship? I think only a Pokemon knows the truth, that they endure incredible pain and suffering to surpass their own limits. It isn't about "friendship" they force the energy inside them and cause a rampage in some cases.

Seems to me it's a Rotom's knowledge more than Kukui. Especially since other forms/Mega evolution is not his expertise. Remember how we all thought Megas were a result of powerful friendship? I think only a Pokemon knows the truth, that they endure incredible pain and suffering to surpass their own limits. It isn't about "friendship" they force the energy inside them and cause a rampage in some cases.
Or, maybe it's because of their strong bond with their trainer that the Pokemon is willing to go to such lengths in battle.

Or, maybe it's because of their strong bond with their trainer that the Pokemon is willing to go to such lengths in battle.
Yeah Sycamore may have flunked out of mega evolution college but the practice has been around for hundreds of years in-universe so I'm sure the new information isn't necessarily new in-universe. Aerodactyl's site flavor text implied scientists have been researching it for a while. The ~bonds~ are probably just retconned into controlling the pokemon in their enhanced states; something Korrina does in the anime, actually.

I also have my doubts that a random rotom has such indepth knowledge all on its own. Honestly the pokedex has always felt like it needed to be a collaborative affair based on research and not a "oh i caught this, let me tell you literally everything about it" thats made even sillier by it being a rotom.

Hey guys! From the encounter tables, it seems that there is only day and night times in this game. I wanna rig my 3DS time so that I get equal amounts of day and night time when I come home from work.

Can anyone that has played the rom please tell me when day and night starts in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)