SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm a way to see the EXACT NUMBER of your EVs? Like we used to do in XY ORAS with Reset Bags?
For the moment, it just looks like we have a graph with NO NUMBERS, and stats with full EVs sparkle. That's it.

Also, we have Bottle Caps that "raise one stat's IV" to 31, and Golden Bottle Caps to raise all stats to 31. What about setting it to 0? Like 0 Speed for Trick Room.
Caps don't raise the actual value, just the stat itself. It keeps the IV as is. No way to set something to 0 sadly.

It depends on how easily obtainable Bottle Caps are. If they are rare, breeding might be helpful.
It also Future Proofs your Pokemon should they ever remove the Hyper Training boosts in later games, but I consider that highly unlikely. Even if they remove Hyper Training itself, they'd probably keep the flag that indicates boosted stats.
Bottle Caps (both versions as far as I know) can be traded for in Festival Plaza for the Red/Blue/Green/Yellow shards, which you can occasionally get while searching for treasures in Poke Pelago. They'll take some effort to get, but Caps won't be super rare.

Caps don't raise the actual value, just the stat itself. It keeps the IV as is. No way to set something to 0 sadly.
I know, that's why I wrote "raise one stat's IV" in quotes haha. It doesn't change the actual IV value, just the stat. Stat-wise, it's the same thing. It's only relevant to breeding and Hidden Power. So to re-iterate, I'm wondering if there's a way to reduce the stats so that the stat is equivalent to having 0 IVs in Speed. So far, I'm only hearing ways to max it, not min it. Looks like the answer is no, which is unfortunate.

Also, no word on being able to see exact number of EVs?

I know, that's why I wrote "raise one stat's IV" in quotes haha. It doesn't change the actual IV value, just the stat. Stat-wise, it's the same thing. It's only relevant to breeding and Hidden Power. So to re-iterate, I'm wondering if there's a way to reduce the stats so that the stat is equivalent to having 0 IVs in Speed. So far, I'm only hearing ways to max it, not min it. Looks like the answer is no, which is unfortunate.

Also, no word on being able to see exact number of EVs?
No and no, sadly.

thank you!

so is there even a point in trying to get perfect IVs outside of egg moves or hidden power with the bottle caps? it seems completely pointless if you can just max out stats with the bottle caps.
There's clearly a point in getting 0 IVs in Attack and Speed where warranted so there will still be breeding to cover that blind spot that bottle caps and Hyper Training can't address.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
There's clearly a point in getting 0 IVs in Attack and Speed where warranted so there will still be breeding to cover that blind spot that bottle caps and Hyper Training can't address.
Silver Bottlecaps only rise one stat, so you can use five of those instead of a Gold one if you really want a 0 Stat.

I can't seem to find out anywhere, is Super training still in Sun/Moon or is it being replaced with Hyper Training? From my understanding, Hyper training is only for IVs, not EVs. If that's the case does super training still exist?

I can't seem to find out anywhere, is Super training still in Sun/Moon or is it being replaced with Hyper Training? From my understanding, Hyper training is only for IVs, not EVs. Is that's the case does super training still exist?
super training is out and more or less repalced by a combination of pokelego (which allows you to train large amounts of pokemon at once over a period of time without you needing to touch them) and EV drinks available via festival plaza.

The actual downside of this is getting Alolan pokemon with the right nature bred lol. Try to breed an alolan ninetails with a ditto for good ivs and nature? Everstone forces you to kanto version.

The actual downside of this is getting Alolan pokemon with the right nature bred lol. Try to breed an alolan ninetails with a ditto for good ivs and nature? Everstone forces you to kanto version.
I think this is only for the normal versions.
Alola forms with everstones should still produce alola versions. The issue was that normal versions bred without everstones result in alola versions for...some...reason

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
I mean to be fair when don't you use an everstone for breeding anyway lol
It's still kinda annoying because for some pokemon, you'll have to bank parents with different natures, instead of just having one with perfect spread then alter Dittos if a different nature is need.

But hey at least it's an everstone instead of some bs new item.

Yeah. It's for the normal parents. Alola ones will give Alola offsprings.

The reason might be radiation. Everstone's radiation is strong enough to prevent a Pokémon from evolving and to send the personality genes to babies. Thus, this radiation is strong enough to supercede the environmental impact of being in Alola.

Yeah. It's for the normal parents. Alola ones will give Alola offsprings.

The reason might be radiation. Everstone's radiation is strong enough to prevent a Pokémon from evolving and to send the personality genes to babies. Thus, this radiation is strong enough to supercede the environmental impact of being in Alola.
inconsolable persian mothers realizing that all of their offspring are pro-monarchy

Sorry for asking again but has anyone figured out how to obtain HA starters or does no one have one yet?
you can get at least some of the starters in the wild by island scanning. HAs can be found on pokemon who are called as allies by wild mons(by chaining). Assuming starters can be called in this manner, you can get HA starters

Not Alola starters though, we dont know how to get those

I'm curious how the metagame is going to develop... How things are going to be initially set up.

Will some ORAS ubers drop down (at least temporarily)? Darkrai and Mega-Kang have been nerfed, and the new environment might make others less over-centralizing like Greninja and Landorus.

Will some new Pokemon be ubers instantly? In particular, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, and Kartana have immense power but a very limited movepool, so I feel like they could be left alone initially and see how players deal with the new threats.

Will some old rules still be applied? In the face of these new threats, Baton Pass chaining might not be as powerful or unstoppable as it once was. Swagger might not be so bad anymore. Maybe even Shadow Tag (Assuming Mega Gengar is still banned), seeing as Dugtrio might be around more often.

I know I haven't said much or have any kind of influence, but my opinion is that it would be more beneficial to let everything that can *potentially* not be broken in, see how the metagame develops, and test/ban as necessary. There's a lot of new things - we shouldn't be so keen on keeping the ORAS rules in place.

Bottle Caps (both versions as far as I know) can be traded for in Festival Plaza for the Red/Blue/Green/Yellow shards, which you can occasionally get while searching for treasures in Poke Pelago. They'll take some effort to get, but Caps won't be super rare.
So if I remember right, there's Silver bottle caps that increase 1 while gold increase all. Are both purchasable or can be traded for? Or only the silver bottle cap?

Also, LEVEL 10 SALAMENCE https://archive-media.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1479/09/1479096150920.jpg

Last edited:
Swagger might not be so bad anymore.
swagger is always going to be bad for as long as its core purpose still remains. it wasn't particularly banned for being too strong (though swagplay klefki was a pretty painful time) so much as it was banned for being a move that created strategies relying on RNG rather than smart play, and if anything lowering the accuracy (even if it's by a small amount) just cements that point

So if I remember right, there's Silver bottle caps that increase 1 while gold increase all. Are both purchasable or can be traded for? Or only the silver bottle cap?

Also, LEVEL 10 SALAMENCE https://archive-media.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1479/09/1479096150920.jpg
so this matches up with the encounter tables and the "slots" people were talking about. It's 1% SOS call

curious, i looked through the other 1% encounters. Most of them are just rarer pokemon (feebas is there, surprise) or jokes like luvdisc. Salamence here is the real winner, though. The other big ticket options are Butterfree (who is easy to evolve in the first place), Whiscash (via fishing, I think) and Dragonite (which seems to be found via fishing in areas with level ranges of 10-59 so ehhhh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)