Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
When Knock Off is used against a Pokémon with a Colbur Berry, does the berry being consumed affect that base power of the move? Basically, is Knock Off 65 or 97.5 BP against Colbur Berry Pokémon?

I stopped playing at the end of oras but would like to start again now could anyone give me a brief summary of the current meta? thanks

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
I stopped playing at the end of oras but would like to start again now could anyone give me a brief summary of the current meta? thanks
Implying that you're talinkg about ou:
mega evolved pokemon can use their new speed in the same turn of the mega evolution. This boosted metagross into the top tier of the rankings.
With the arrive of the tapus, old glories like tornadus-t or clefable are dropped in bl/uu.
Some ubers were chosen to be retested.
Landorus-i and genesect were banned, greninja and mega mawile are still ou.
A new greninja form is avaiable: it requires a kill in the normal forme (that has like no ability) and then boosts its stats like a mega evolution (+50 atk +50 spa +10 spe)
The medium speed tier is raised a lot so 101+ scarfed pokemon are more common.
Also: you're fortunate that you haven't see the Pheromosa meta... that was the hell

Implying that you're talinkg about ou:
mega evolved pokemon can use their new speed in the same turn of the mega evolution. This boosted metagross into the top tier of the rankings.
With the arrive of the tapus, old glories like tornadus-t or clefable are dropped in bl/uu.
Some ubers were chosen to be retested.
Landorus-i and genesect were banned, greninja and mega mawile are still ou.
The medium speed tier is raised a lot so 101+ scarfed pokemon are more common.
Also: you're fortunate that you haven't see the Pheromosa meta... that was the hell
Thanks man I'm a little surprised by greninja and mega mawile but it sounds fun

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Thanks man I'm a little surprised by greninja and mega mawile but it sounds fun
Ou council takes a long time, before to decide if we need of a suspect.

Oh i forgot a thing: some pokemon received a boost in stats, ability or movepool.
More relevant at the moment are pelipper drizzle and +20 atk dugtrio.
The second one was suspected, but it ended in a no-ban

Ou council takes a long time, before to decide if we need of a suspect.

Oh i forgot a thing: some pokemon received a boost in stats, ability or movepool.
More relevant at the moment are pelipper drizzle and +20 atk dugtrio.
The second one was suspected, but it ended in a no-ban
so wait are they possibly going to be banned any time soon

Is Mold Breaker Excadrill any good? With Pheromosa gone, a gap opens for rapid spinners. Mold Breaker Excadrill is slower than Starmie but can pack both hazards and hazard removal in one slot. It can also set up rocks on Sableye (due to Mold Breaker bypassing Magic Bounce). Focus Sash could also act as an emergency check to some pokemon if no hazards are on the field. This thing's best thing is rapid spin combined with stealth rock, and an ability to set up rocks even on Mega Sableye.
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Hey guys, just signed up for the OUPL III and I don't fully understand it... Do i make my own team for it and what are restrictions.. Etc
Signing up for OUPL puts you in a list of players that can be drafted for an OUPL team. An auction will be held shortly after the 19th where managers will bid on players and compile a team of at least 10; afterwards, a 6 week team tournament is held that is comprised of two stages: group play and playoffs. Group play lasts 5 weeks and is simply a round-robin style system where each team plays each other, and playoffs are essentially finals between the two teams with the best records.

If you're drafted, you'll be put on a team as either a starter or a sub. Starters play for a specific slot (SM OU, XY OU, BW OU, etc) at very least at the beginning of OUPL, while subs can be put in over starter slots should something come up. It's typically best to bring a different team for each match so you don't get counter-teamed. The restrictions include basic tournament rules (no ghosting, for example) and whatever the given format dictates.

Signing up for OUPL puts you in a list of players that can be drafted for an OUPL team. An auction will be held shortly after the 19th where managers will bid on players and compile a team of at least 10; afterwards, a 6 week team tournament is held that is comprised of two stages: group play and playoffs. Group play lasts 5 weeks and is simply a round-robin style system where each team plays each other, and playoffs are essentially finals between the two teams with the best records.

If you're drafted, you'll be put on a team as either a starter or a sub. Starters play for a specific slot (SM OU, XY OU, BW OU, etc) at very least at the beginning of OUPL, while subs can be put in over starter slots should something come up. It's typically best to bring a different team for each match so you don't get counter-teamed. The restrictions include basic tournament rules (no ghosting, for example) and whatever the given format dictates.
Oh so someone like me who isnt really known and hasnt played for too long isnt likely to be picked are they???

What tournaments do you suggest I join as a fairly new player who isn't really sure what ones i should be playing?

What tournaments do you suggest I join as a fairly new player who isn't really sure what ones i should be playing?
This is a question I've had in the past and I think I can offer some answers.

The best place to start (at least I believe) is the OU room on Showdown. SM OU tours are created each day and are fairly casual; no need to sign up in advance and it's over within an hour or two. I've competed in plenty of them and even won a few. For more serious tours, the tournament forum usually has some going on. I suggest going into ones where you don't need a team and don't have to be chosen by a captain since unknown players aren't going to be picked. Personally, I've played in a couple and it works just fine. Sometimes you make it a few rounds in, sometimes you get matched with p2 for round one and get bodied; in any case it's good experience. OLT (ladder tournament) and other inclusive ones are good for practicing and maybe even winning (eventually), and from there it might be feasible to get into more serious tournaments as people know know what you're capable of.

tl;dr start small with room tours and get lots of practice. good luck

This is a question I've had in the past and I think I can offer some answers.

The best place to start (at least I believe) is the OU room on Showdown. SM OU tours are created each day and are fairly casual; no need to sign up in advance and it's over within an hour or two. I've competed in plenty of them and even won a few. For more serious tours, the tournament forum usually has some going on. I suggest going into ones where you don't need a team and don't have to be chosen by a captain since unknown players aren't going to be picked. Personally, I've played in a couple and it works just fine. Sometimes you make it a few rounds in, sometimes you get matched with p2 for round one and get bodied; in any case it's good experience. OLT (ladder tournament) and other inclusive ones are good for practicing and maybe even winning (eventually), and from there it might be feasible to get into more serious tournaments as people know know what you're capable of.

tl;dr start small with room tours and get lots of practice. good luck
ok thanks man I already do the sm ou tours every now and then and I guess I could start to join the others as well

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Could Waterium Z be run on Manaphy without Rain Dance or is that necessary with the crystal?
It's not physically necessary -- you can use waterium z without rain dance. It's not like Snorlaxium Z and Giga Impact, where you can only use a Z-move if you have the stone and a certain move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)