HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just take this as rumour for now, but the game might feature different Pokemon appearances based on parents. Sort of like this Pichu from one of the movies I think it is.

Possible, but I'm really doubting it; I think the Notched-ear Pichu really won't be available in GSC, with that being why their giving out the Pikachu-Colored Pichu for pre-ordering the 12th movie tickets. I believe that something like the 12th Movie site or something described NEP's ear as simply being a cowlick. Because of stuff like that, I believe that it was just something to make the NEP stand out in the movie from normal Pichu, and won't actually be something that's implemented into the games. I suppose I could be wrong though.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I seriously hope that Falkner doesn't get Mud Slap again (ewwwwwwwww) so I can finally use Cyndaquil as a starter.

Too bad I'll still need something else for Surf.
Looking at the TM list we currently have (it's likely to be the same list so we can trade pokes with TMs attached), the most likely ones are (order of feasibility imo):

Falkner:
-Aerial Ace
-Pluck
-Roost
-U-turn

Yeah, wouldn't it be sick if they gave us roost at the first gym? Roosting pidgeotto throughout the whole game, that would be cool. Aerial Ace seems most reasonable.

Bugsy:
-X-Scissor
-U-Turn
-Silver Wind

These are the bug TMs we have, but with Scyther as his main pokemon Silver Wind just seems dumb (but then, it wouldn't surprise me . . .).

Whitney:
<lol, normal attacks>

. . . yeah, not going to go there. Facade seems likely.

Morty:
-Shadow Ball (duh)
-Shadow Claw (because GF has a hard on for physical gengar)

Chuck:
-Drain Punch
-Bulk Up
-Focus Blast
-Focus Punch
-Brick Break

Jasmine:
-Iron Tail
-Flash Cannon
-Stealth Rock
-Steel Wing
-Gyro Ball

Pryce:
-Avalanche
-Stealth Rock (piloswine with SR maybe?)

Clair:
-Dragon Pulse
-Dragon Claw (seems unlikely if she still has a dragonair/kingdra team)

I like how Bulbapedia, Serebiiforums, and Pokebeach all aren't working for me. Looks like the masses crashed all the sites.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Did the gyms in johto have kanto pokemon in G/S/C?

Would it not be amazing if clair had things like salamence?

Did the gyms in johto have kanto pokemon in G/S/C?

Would it not be amazing if clair had things like salamence?
If you don't count Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Metapod, Kakuna, Scyther, Clefairy, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Magnemite, Primeape, Poliwrath, Seel, Dewgong, and Dragonair, then gyms in Johto did not have Kanto Pokemon.

I think the radio with the secret message and your mom keeping your cash needs to stay.
iirc, the items that were only available in johto are implemented into DPP, but I could be wrong.

what is this at 0:03 in the top left, is it from some spinoff game and ive just never seen it, or something better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq9Xt3FJH80

@equinox - the ones for the starters first forms have, go to serebii front page
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- Explorers of Time | Explorers of Darkness

The sprites haven't been released, only the Sugimori stock art.

Mom holding money would be nice. I'd also like them to bring back item storage in the PCs. -.- I'm tired of [Select]ing the first item and scrolling at a fast speed and pressing B just to get to my recent items. I like to keep things organized, and I don't really need to carry things like evolution stones and random useless items around.

I saw this thread, and I creamed my pants.

I have been waiting for a remake forever, because G/S/C is my favorite gen, with the least retarded male sprite.

It's interesting that they are going farther with the overworld effects, adding wind as a standard to the town or maybe just being a random thing like the glittering snow although more often.

Oh my god, if you listen closely to the video, you can hear the New Bark Town theme as an extremely tranquil remix ;_;

I can not wait until we get the music ripped off of this game. It might very well be the best sound track for a DS game ever!

I think that there might be a return of the Sevii Islands from FR/LG. That would allow for more of a story line and also a means of getting the Birds maybe.

I think that there might be a return of the Sevii Islands from FR/LG. That would allow for more of a story line and also a means of getting the Birds maybe.
Really would prefer for them not to be, as these are Gold and Silver remakes, the home of Johto, so I don't really want them adding in something like the Sevii Islands, which would just really tip the balance towards Kanto, making the games more "FR/LG remakes with Johto tacked on at the beginning" than actual GS remakes. Jotho getting fleshed out and/or getting its own island archipelago I can live with (and also things like Cerulean Cave, the Safari Zone, and the other parts of Kanto they took out in GSC returning), but I don't really care for the Sevii Islands being included.

Sevii kinda felt like a chore to go through, and really dosent need to be in the game as Naxte said.

Im all for adding to the Johto dex, theres plenty of new pokemon for the 3rd and 4th gens to be added.

Well, the only Fighting-types available in DP that learn it are Medicham and Lucario (and their prevos). Gallade is added in Platinum.
You're missing the point. Maylene used Maditite & Lucario... Chuck does not use Hitmonchan at all.

Ergo, Chuck's TM will be Focus Punch. Goes great with Poliwrath's Hypnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)