HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never should have followed this thread. I am already overexcited for the games and we will not be getting them for a long while.

I personally can't wait to hear the battle music. Specifically the Champion and Gym Leader battle music. FR/LG had the best music for both the Gym Leader battles, and the Champion. I really hope they outdo themselves once more for HG/SS. That reminds me, did Red get his own special music when you fought him?

edit: Looked up the original Silver/Gold music on Youtube. They better not mess it up.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver? <_< I honestly wish they'd put a little more effort than that.

I may be in the minority, but I really dislike the numerous amounts of remakes Gamefreak are basically milking out. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably get this too, but they really need to do something else (like a decent pokemon console game? next gen?).

Negativity aside, playing through silver again will certainly be a nice time waster. Looking forward to see if they'll think of anything new like how the frontier was to Emerald.

I am so glad to hear about this! If they do indeed get their own archipelago (which I think is quite likely), it would be neat if they would finally implement the Orange Islands into the games, just for the heck of it.

The last time Game Freak did something this inexpressibly amazing was, well, never.

Shame we'll have to wait another year before we get them, though. D:

By the looks of the screenshots on serebii.net, it looks like your starter follows you around. I don't know if all the pokemon in your team will follow, but it looks like your starter will!

It could be changed for the English release, so we don't know that it will be that bad. I like soul silver, but heart gold just doesn't... sound right.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
does anyone have a link to the video? I've only seen the shots from serebii so far...
Pokemon Sunday video
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvatNAUKFmQ

why dont chuck just give out tm 31 brick break? that would solve the problem or roost and falkner. that should solve the debate between pluck vs aa.

why dont chuck just give out tm 31 brick break? that would solve the problem or roost and falkner. that should solve the debate between pluck vs aa.
Because we don't make the game and the debate is really amongst ourselves, I'm sure GameFreak isn't at war on what TMs to give out.

As much as I personally LOVE Gold/Silver (assuming these are truely remakes that have the Kanto region available post E4 and all...) I don't quite have the excitement about this that I should... Why? Well the developers were slightly stupid in the respect that most of all of the pokemon we would get excited about in G/S remakes are already available to us in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum anyway via that stupid Pokeradar nonsense(starters asside). I am not one that overly clammers over legendaries, so the prospects of adding one or two extra legendaries (Ho-oh, Lugia, Suicune/Entei/Raikou) does not intrest me much... Now if you were to tell me that they in these remakes flesh out the GS ball story and allow a way for us to get Celebi legitimatly... THAT is quite another story. My hopes is, and one of the best things they could do to increase people wanting this game is what they did with FR/LG which is the game brings in more movesets via new moves learned by certain pokemon (much in the way of Fire Red/Leaf Green added a few moves to pokemon. I admit I am biased, and hope they finally give Oddish Leech Seed Legitimately for example). There is a lot good that can come from these remakes but the excitement of the game (in name) by itself alone can only get you so far, they are going to have to give those of us that have spent many hours breeding pokemon, training, battling, etc in Diamond/Pearl/Platiunum something to grab onto. (with all that said I am getting both most likely anyway)

My thoughts
-Sevii Islands won't be included, in FR/LG they were a pain and like it's been said they were more of a chore, if they are included by any chance the birds will not be avalible due to there inavalilibilty in the originals and the fact that they are availible in Platinum; also expect some Pearl Diamond excursion if they are.

-The Starter following you will only be for the beggining portion of the game, when you return from the Cherrygrove researchlab it will go into a pokeball.

-Despite everyone plees, I'm hoping they they develop more on the Johto Story and not the Kanto, as in FR/LG we got Kanto stuff, which was fun but Johto needs more expansion.

I agree that the starter will most likely only follow you until you return to professor elm (and then it becomes "officially yours").

However I personally liked Kanto better in GSC than in RBY for some reason, so I hope it remains. Besides, Kanto is a major part of the game, and I don't think that it is neccessary to remove it in order to add to Johto.

Personally this is great news, Crystal was the game that really got me into pokemon. I played Yellow before it but after Crystal I was fully hooked.

Agree that GS ball needs to be implemented and the storyline for both Kanto and Johto needs expanding on.

G_L_P

I registered here to give my thoughts on this-
-I really want ExtremeSpeed Dratini. Dragonite is my favorite Pokemon, and I would welcome something that gives him an edge over Salamence.
-Moveset improvements on some 2nd gen Pokemon would be nice, like Tail Glow Ampharos and Lanturn.
-I hope you can get your starter to follow you the whole game, not just the beginning.
-If they include a Contest Hall, I think Goldenrod would be the best place for it. It's a big city in need of some fleshing out, and Whitney seems like the Johto Gym Leader most likely to take part in Contests.
-Red as the final challenge was awesome. Keep it, definately.
-I would like some level jumps for the Elite Four and the Gym Leaders.
-A somewhat easy way to get Celebi would make my day, along with maybe a Mew event.

Do you think they'll have the ability to have 16 badges instead of just 8, like they did in Crystal? And be able to go to both Johto and Kanto?

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You did get 16 badges also in Silver and Gold. I do hope they keep Kanto but give it a revamp aswell apart from the badges and Snorlax there was nothing much to do. Revamping Johto a bit aswell would be good and i definately agree with the idea of higher levelled league and gym leaders as level 50 highest is just pathetic. Sadly got to wait a couple of days till we find out more, its getting so tense :)

-If they include a Contest Hall, I think Goldenrod would be the best place for it. It's a big city in need of some fleshing out, and Whitney seems like the Johto Gym Leader most likely to take part in Contests.

Either that or Olivine, since we have seen Jasmine in conjunction with contests (iirc). It doesn't seem to fit with the town as well though. That being said, I wouldn't care if contests were left out completely.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Contests are a nice little minigame, they are hard as hell, and fun. I imagine You rival in the elite 4, after beating all four regions will have a team with all base 600s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)