HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
does anyone else think they managed to make blissey look even fatter, and as stated before lugia is a totally BAMF, i always liked ho-oh cause i thought lugia looked sort of sissy but definitly going to go soul silver now

Hehe the new female hero isn't that bad, but i don't see why they didn't bring back the female from Crystal, that was really unexpected at least for me. No blond girl so far... :D haha. I'm gonna play as the boy, i'm guilty of picking the girl in Emerald and Platinum though >>

Also, I only found out today that the main character of RSE doesn't have white hair. That's just a hat. Crazy.
Oh so you read the poke special huh?, it is indeed a "hat" his real hair is like Norman's.

EDIT: Oh well it's not like "Crystal" was that great anyway.

Lugia looks badass, Miltank looks crazy and Blissey is even fatter, but i do like the new art!

I want my Magikarp to flop behind me :)

But really, having Eevee and Skitty follow you would be SWEET, Skitty would be easy as it already has a sprite...

Wouldn't it be so AWESOME if they finally made the Gym Guide who is in every gym(more experience than any gym leader :P) who always compliments you to be a Gym Leader? I've been rooting for him to be a Gym Leader since...a very long time.

Of course someone would have to go for this to happen...maybe Giovanni could run off somewhere else to fight.

Pokebeach said:
The first close-up scan shows Gold in front of Elm's Lab, but also shows the bottom screen of the DS. The bottom screen now displays the in-game menu: "Pokemon," "Bag," "[Your Name]," "Save," and "Options." Instead of having to hit the X-button to pull up the menu, you will now be able to interact with it using your stylus. The page also mentions that when you choose the male or female character, the one you do not choose will support you throughout the game. This is similar to Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum where you encounter your rival and Dawn or Lucas throughout the game. The storyline will probably be changed to accommodate this.

I think I like the menu on the bottom screen better.

It's good to see them remake these games, it was one of the best at that time and rather large and long to play what made it so good.

I look forward to seeing a pokemon hop behind me ^^ But the improved menu for the touchscreen looks the best improvement so far.

The touchscreen menu should be great - IMO it's much more useful than the pokewatch was , although it might take some time to get used to.

When the DS was announced, using the touch-screen for the menu in Pokemon was the first thing that came to my mind, happy they're finally doing it.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Goddamn. I wonder how you reacted to the character art for the male character in RSE and DPP.

Also, I only found out today that the main character of RSE doesn't have white hair. That's just a hat. Crazy.
....oh my god. D: Really?

The new girl isn't terrible, she's just ultra generic.

I love the new artwork for the pokemon. Stantler is such a cutie.

"It also looks as if the Pikachu-Colored Pichu from the 12th movie downloads will play a role in HeartGoldand SoulSilver, apparently activating an event within Ilex Forest once transferred over"
I mistook that for celebi confirmation. :C
Yes. That's what I thought, too. :<

It's not just as simple as "choose the guy character, then." He looks fine, but as a girl, I just want to play as a girl. o_o That's why they gave us two choices, after all. We're just expressing our dislike for the girl choice in particular, since maybe some of us planned to play as her. :P

I hope they don't change too much of the rest of the game ): It will be interesting to see all the old locations in more 3D-like graphics, though :>

I like Lugia's new artwork too :'D

i dub the new female protagonist "ms. mario" gogo overalls and red shirt

about the start menu on the bottom. there seems to be quite a bit of empty space there, so i'm sure that as you progress through the game, you'll earn more items that you can access from the touch screen.

I seem to be the minority, but I actually like her design. Does look like a mix between Mario and Pipi Longstocking, but I like it.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
She looks like a freak, those stockings are ridiculous, they should have just revamped Crystal's look, that was one cool girl :)

Am I the only one irritated that they decided to bring back an utterly useless and ridiculous game feature, the pokemon following behind the character? I really hope they give you the option to turn that off without putting your starter into a box, because I personally see no benefit to having your pokemon follow you around.
And are there any negative effects to it? I don't understand all the hate for following Pokémon. Is it really a huge deal?

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think its cute rather than annoying, i loved pikachu following you in Yellow so it will be great to return and i hope other pokemon can follow you as Espeon following me would be so cute :)

I'd be really darn happy if they make the game to have 3 regions(Johto+Kanto+Sinnoh). Although either the combination of Johto + Kanto or Johto + Sinnoh would already be enough to keep me content. The latter might be possible with the hinted 6th gym leader Jasmine. Just theory rambling speaking.

Speaking of that, would it be cool if they make a generation with Kanto + Johto + Hoenn + Sinnoh + 5th gen maps and gym leaders? Sadly that probably wouldn't work with the lv cap and the data space to be fit onto the size of DS game cartridge. lol

EspyJoel

Espy <3
3 regions would be too much as the levels would have to pass 100 and I dont see any reason why Sinnoh would be needed, and there is no way it would be added. Revamping Johto and Kanto is enough.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I want to see how the girl's character sprite looks in game before I make a final decision. ;x

I like the idea of having a pokemon walk behind me, it's very reminiscent of the T.V. series. harhar~
And I liked having Pikachu follow me, too :>

But mostly, I can't wait to revisit Mt. Silver *_* It'll be great to see Kanto in more of a 3D style, as well.

Lugia and Ho-oh! Lugia and Ho-oh! Lugia and Ho-oh!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh god, the girl is so ugly I might have to play as the guy character. :(

Though there are plenty of guys here who play as the girl character, so playing as the opposite gender character shouldn't be much of a big deal for me.

The new Pokemon art is so damn awesome. Larvitar in particular. That gaze! @_@

I don't know why no one likes the new girl. I think she's adorable, with the strawberry shortcake hat. The world needs more girls who wear funny hats.

I wonder if Slowpoke can follow you, and if so, how long it would take to get anywhere.

I always liked how you could get Heracross, Scyther and Pinsir early on in GSC. Of course, with their 4th gen moves, they are now actually good up to and beyond the E4. (I remember the best Pinsir/Hera movesets being something like Strength/Fury Cutter/Submission, and both being mediocre until they learned SD/Megahorn respectively.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)