Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh

Oh wow, it's Vinh? You know Vinh, they never got a single shot of just your face, the interview lady got so pissed when she heard you'd left w/o having the picture taken.
Oh really? Yea she told me I could leave so I left... And we were quite a bit away when she called so I didn't want to make my brother in law drive me back since he was tired.

Actually Stealth Rock is terrible. All Sashed Pokemon are leads other than Shedinja, and if Stealth Rock is your only way to kill it then your team is in trouble if it's leading instead. I'm kind of disappointed in the teams that have been doing well so far though :(
Well, it was a move I used to prevent switching out and in a lot. All the damage counts imo and I didn't know what exactly his team was composed of so I threw it down. And yes I made a lot of other mistakes but I just wanted top 2 and had hit it so i was happy =).

lol

Yeah the lady called me again after and was like, "YOU NEVER FINISHED YOUR INTERVIEW!"

haha damn guess she forgot. She even shook my hand goodbye so i was like wth when she called 30 mins later. Would have felt bad to make my brother in law drive back just for a picture lol when he had to wait(didn't compete only his bro did).

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
haha damn guess she forgot. She even shook my hand goodbye so i was like wth when she called 30 mins later. Would have felt bad to make my brother in law drive back just for a picture lol when he had to wait(didn't compete only his bro did).
yeah she was a little annoying. at point one i decided to be all like fuck it i don't even play pokemon, street fighter's more my thing. then she was like "omgosh i play too!" it was awkward.

and yeah gg bro. i was really surprised by the lack of taunt.

yeah she was a little annoying. at point one i decided to be all like fuck it i don't even play pokemon, street fighter's more my thing. then she was like "omgosh i play too!" it was awkward.

and yeah gg bro. i was really surprised by the lack of taunt.
lol yea, I was pretty careless hehe. And I REALLY didn't expect to avoid dark void(and kinda forgot its 60 acc along with that) and I really don't know why I hit DD instead of taunt on second turn. Wish they gave 1st place more then just a plaque though hehe. But yea she was like the same with me on WoW and anime. Haha, man I play SF too but I just started getting use to an arcade stick. Got myself a Mad Catz Tournament edition stick, love the sanwa buttons and ball top though.

Lol, I only liked the girl with the green shirt in the Finalist Lounge. She kept talking to me about Fire Emblem.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
lol yea, I was pretty careless hehe. And I REALLY didn't expect to avoid dark void(and kinda forgot its 60 acc along with that) and I really don't know why I hit DD instead of taunt on second turn. Wish they gave 1st place more then just a plaque though hehe. But yea she was like the same with me on WoW and anime. Haha, man I play SF too but I just started getting use to an arcade stick. Got myself a Mad Catz Tournament edition stick, love the sanwa buttons and ball top though.
The plaque is cool though! I swear it's gonna help me pick up chicks. I dunno, if I had the chance I would redo my interview to make it sound better.

And yeah dude, I got two TE sticks when they came out and I love them to death. I'm wavering on changing out to an octogonal gate so it'll made playing Dhalsim easier, though the sqaure gate really helps my Honda.

I was also really surprised that I didn't see any other trick room teams the entire day.

The plaque is cool though! I swear it's gonna help me pick up chicks. I dunno, if I had the chance I would redo my interview to make it sound better.

And yeah dude, I got two TE sticks when they came out and I love them to death. I'm wavering on changing out to an octogonal gate so it'll made playing Dhalsim easier, though the sqaure gate really helps my Honda.

I was also really surprised that I didn't see any other trick room teams the entire day.
Actually, quite a few people used TR. BKK did it against me along with one against the Scarfgross user.

Dude, the plaque is very cool indeed. Looks awesome and so amazing.

haha nice.

Yeah, i'm going to try to get use to the square gate considering i think it'd be much harder to play a charged char on an octagonal then it is to play a qcf char on a square gate.

And for me, you were the third trick room team i fought i believe.

Just posting to confirm I'll be at London as I'm travelling down with Havak, and will probably meet up with GEC and Cinaclov at some point down there.

5 of my team are done so if anybody wants to get some practise in, just send me a PM.

Congrats to Batpig, your team looks very solid from the video. Makes me want to use Lapras myself. :)
Do you have any details regarding the European VGC? all I can find is "London, England" "Paris, France" & "Berlin, Germany".. Which are all very vague. D:
I don't really want to turn up in the middle of Paris all OU LA FUCK SONT LES VGC?!?! and similarily in London & Germany. :|

Thanks! ^^;

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do you have any details regarding the European VGC? all I can find is "London, England" "Paris, France" & "Berlin, Germany".. Which are all very vague. D:
I don't really want to turn up in the middle of Paris all OU LA FUCK SONT LES VGC?!?! and similarily in London & Germany. :|

Thanks! ^^;
Sure, here's the European site with all the dates and addresses.

http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en_GB/events/

Edit: Looks like Tyler beat me to it.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

I didn't realize so many Smogonites were there, weren't you the guy thet started dancing with the Piplup and Pikachu?

EDIT: POST 200!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
i'm sorry but...

Should I sash my Weavile?
I know this is a few posts back, but it really made me laugh. You should really say it some other way...XD

That's like back in highschool somebody'd say something benign like "Hey, I want a corn dog" and we'd allways make it funnier by switching it around and saying "I'll corn YOUR dog?!?!?!" or something retarded like that...

I'm sorry, that was sooooo wrong...XD...what was I saying?

You know what I hate? When I come up with a strategy, then I check Smogon, and I've pretty much copied someone else. For example, this occurred when I thought of using Lapras. Now I find out that batpig used one. I still have one effective strategy that I'm sure only 2 other existing people know. Well, either way, congratulations batpig on 1st and Siddarth on 3rd. I'll be seeing you in St. Louis once I win Nashville.

Well, I've finalized my plans for Nashville. I'll be driving in on Thursday/Friday, arriving sometime on Friday (probably in the afternoon). I'll be staying in a hotel close to the tournament location (~1 mile) because it's cheaper and I'm paying for this trip. I look forward to seeing a lot of you at the event, both people that I've known for a long time online and some that I've never had the chance to speak to. I'll be wearing my Smogon shirt to the tournament, of course.

On another note, I really wish people would stop saying things like this:

I'll be seeing you in St. Louis once I win Nashville.
1) WHEN I win at Nashville I request you all bow down to my feet.
I mean, it's good to have confidence in yourself. I'm confident in my own team, but that doesn't mean I'm going around declaring myself the winner 4 weeks before the tournament actually happens. There's a possiblity that one might not even get into the tournament! Have confidence in yourself, not arrogance. If you overlook an opponent, you might slip up and make a mistake. Please, to the eventual winner (whoever that may be), don't be a dick about it. Be humble in your victory, and be glad that you even had the chance to participate in the tournament.

Well, I've finalized my plans for Nashville. I'll be driving in on Thursday/Friday, arriving sometime on Friday (probably in the afternoon). I'll be staying in a hotel close to the tournament location (~1 mile) because it's cheaper and I'm paying for this trip. I look forward to seeing a lot of you at the event, both people that I've known for a long time online and some that I've never had the chance to speak to. I'll be wearing my Smogon shirt to the tournament, of course.

On another note, I really wish people would stop saying things like this:

I mean, it's good to have confidence in yourself. I'm confident in my own team, but that doesn't mean I'm going around declaring myself the winner 4 weeks before the tournament actually happens. There's a possiblity that one might not even get into the tournament! Have confidence in yourself, not arrogance. If you overlook an opponent, you might slip up and make a mistake. Please, to the eventual winner (whoever that may be), don't be a dick about it. Be humble in your victory, and be glad that you even had the chance to participate in the tournament.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)