Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG Batpig. Man though, I really didn't expect my gyarados to avoid that dark void hehe if only I had taunted instead of DD =).When you had Lapras and Machamp out I should have protected on chomp instead and let gyarados weaken them first since it wouldn't have mattered if gyarados died anyway . And I totally wasn't think about lapras's stab damage into account so my garchomp went bye bye =(.

But yea, i'll see you at the nationals =).
Oh wow, it's Vinh? You know Vinh, they never got a single shot of just your face, the interview lady got so pissed when she heard you'd left w/o having the picture taken.

Stealth rock's actually not that bad. Kills any sashes that the opponent may have waiting in the wings, and leaves any Shedinjas dead in the water. Certainly useful for if you come up against any Japanese guys, because over in Japan Shedinja's actually been used a lot for this tournament.

After an hour of work and reading through many pages, I have made a list of all the members of Smogon (and also of Skarmbliss) that are attending and what qualifier/qualifiers they are attending. If a mod could please edit this list into one of the first few posts of this thread (and constantly check this post to see if there are changes), I would be very satisfied.
Add me to United Kingdom please.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Stealth rock's actually not that bad. Kills any sashes that the opponent may have waiting in the wings, and leaves any Shedinjas dead in the water. Certainly useful for if you come up against any Japanese guys, because over in Japan Shedinja's actually been used a lot for this tournament.
Actually Stealth Rock is terrible. All Sashed Pokemon are leads other than Shedinja, and if Stealth Rock is your only way to kill it then your team is in trouble if it's leading instead. I'm kind of disappointed in the teams that have been doing well so far though :(

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just posting to confirm I'll be at London as I'm travelling down with Havak, and will probably meet up with GEC and Cinaclov at some point down there.

5 of my team are done so if anybody wants to get some practise in, just send me a PM.

Congrats to Batpig, your team looks very solid from the video. Makes me want to use Lapras myself. :)

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
heck yes and after phoenix its arlington, texas! cant wait. its like the perfect weekend. school gets out the 28th and then i go to texas to play pokemon :P

Ya Ethan cuz people are just gonna wanna give you their strat :P

I'm feeling pretty good about mine though (more than I can usually say about the TGC tournys I go to). Good luck to everyone going and wish me the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)