Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tropius would make Sun Teams way more common. Chlorohyl on a Dragon/Grass Would give you a HUGE Speedboost!. I see sets like:
Outrage/DD(or SD)/Earthquake/Leaf Blade (Or any more powerfull Grass Attack) @ Life Orb in Sun
Leaf Storm/Draco Meteor/Hidden Power Fire(Flamethrower,FireBlast)/Solar Beam (Or another Filler) @ Choice Specs in Sun
Synthesis/Dragon Dance (or Sword Dance)/Dragon Claw/Earthquake,Leaf Blade @ Leftovers, bulky set
It gives various, interesting options, I vote for a Tropimence :)!
I'd prefer a Dragon fire type, then it can take on steels much easier.
All dragons learn Fire Blast and Earthquake. Really, Steels won't go and force Dragons Out (unless Outraging/Choiced).

How about a Steel/Ice? It would be really weak to Vacuum Wave/Mach Punch, or Choiced Fighting attacks, but it could prove to be the best Anti- Dragon Tool in game (STAB Ice = 1hko on anything Non- Yache; Ice Shard might be used?).

Steel ice? Steel pokemon are generally not fast and you just finished saying all dragon pokemon learn fire blast. And fire blast is all well and good but something similar to a DD mencs but with flare blitz or even fire punch would be much more effective.

I guess but mamoswine already does a decent job of ice sharding weak dragons, as does weavile which also has pursuit if it thinks it will flee. Steel ice wouldn't be a very viable type in my opinion. Too many weaknesses not enough resistances. Which is exactly why i think it'll be in gen 5 :P

Water/Steel with Levitate would be better to counter dragons, since it doesn't take 4x damage from the one of the attacks dragons are almost guarenteed to carry (except Latias). A decently powerful non STAB Ice Beam will KO Salamence and you resist Latias's most common attacks.

Flavorwise, I think Qwilfish and Pachirisu are the most likely to get evolutions. Many of the Pokemon that evolve in later generations are uncommon animals that are a few feet tall (like Yanma and Scyther). Squirrels aren't uncommon, but Pachirisu is still small and needs an evolution.

The only problems I see with a Grass/Dragon Tropius evolution is that Swords Dance+Chlorophyll+Outrage and Choice Specs+Solar Power+Draco Meteor might be broken.

It's unfortunate no single type resists both Ground and Fire. If there was such a type then Steel/that with the right stats would counter most current dragons. Currently, in order for a Pokemon to resist dragon and be neutral or better to fire and ground requires an ability.

Maybe there should be a Pokemon based on St George? Ability 'Dragonslayer' makes it immune to dragon-type attacks.

How is it technically impossible. There's no way it would be remotely difficult to code.

Perhaps you mean conceptually impossible - that it wouldn't make sense. But aspects of the typing already don't make sense anyway.

In any case, it wasn't a serious suggestion.

Maybe a dragonslayer pokemon should have an ability that makes dragon type moves ineffective. Or at the very least have heatproof to protect from flames.

How is it technically impossible. There's no way it would be remotely difficult to code.

Perhaps you mean conceptually impossible - that it wouldn't make sense. But aspects of the typing already don't make sense anyway.

In any case, it wasn't a serious suggestion.
Yeah I meant something along those lines, but not quite. Who cares. Let's be friends.

Anyway, Grass/Dragon is an idea I first had! On a different note, Fire/Dragon would be a great typing, something rather like Garchomp's near perfect STAB neutral coverage (Skarmory/Bronzor/Bronzong/Shedinja; Heatran being an exception).

Now I did think of a Fire/Ground resistance: Fire/Water/Rock/Dragon with Levitate. Obviously, it won't resist Dragon (a steel/flying type with Flash Fire is also "conceptually" impossible). It'd still be pretty good though.

The only problems I see with a Grass/Dragon Tropius evolution is that Swords Dance+Chlorophyll+Outrage and Choice Specs+Solar Power+Draco Meteor might be broken.
Solar Power is such a wondefully abusable ability.
It's a pity that most Pokemon that have it are not that great.

Assuming decent SpA, STAB, Specs, Solar Power, Draco Meteor could kill or maim even resists and there would be Leaf Storm too.
I think the Swords Dance, Chlorohpyll set would be a bit less fearsome but +2 STAB Outrage is never a joke.

Make it happen GF!

Tropius is incredibly slow, so if you don't run Chlorophyll (and Sunny Day) you risk getting screwed over by anyone faster carrying an ice attack, but this can be fixed with paralysis support and just switching into pokemon that really don't threaten you. Ofcourse, a Tropius evolution could get really bulky, and as such his speed wouldn't be such a serious issue, idk. I wouldn't imagine them making him much faster as it is anyways, he's probably better off slow. Dragon/Grass would have a 4x resistance to Water, Grass, Electric and a resist to Ground. That's some pretty fantastic typing. On the flip side though, it would also have three weaknesses, a 4x ice weakness, a bug weakness and a flying weakness (but no one really caries flying attacks anymore). I really would like to see a Grass/Dragon, but a more defensive one. Imo, we don't have enough purely defensive Dragon Types. Altaria and Dragonite would probably be brought up, but I view these guys as more of a balanced type thing. Hm, I guess they are defensive (in contrast to things like Salamence), but I would like to see a really interesting typing behind it.

Latias is a specially defensive dragon. I'd previously suggested that Draceon (Eeveelution) be a kind of physically-defensive counterpart. Certainly I think for a dragon to be successful defensively it shouldn't be 4x ice weak.

Another possible mechanic change: both abilities. Plenty of Pokemon would gain benefits. Tropius with Chlorophyll AND Solar Power strengthens sun teams. A number of Pokemon can take Battle/Shell Armour and a more offensive ability. Porygon-Z with Download and Adaptability. If Swarm and Technician stacked, Scizor could use a SubSalac set, with Bug Bite reaching 202.5 EBP factoring STAB, Swarm, and Technician.
On the defensive side, Bronzong would rock - no weaknesses and a boatload of resistances.
Some Pokemon wouldn't like it. Those with Hustle, especially Togekiss, probably don't want that ability.

Meh, abililty stacking doesn't sound good. Gives too much of an advantage to some and literally none to others (as you exemplified with Bronzong and Togekiss).

Plus, it gets rid of the choice in the sets that makes having two different abilities to choose from a tactical option.

If anything changes in abilities, it should change the trend in the abilities the starters get. I hate how they get shafted in the abilities section. It's always something suckish. They should at least all have a second ability so guys like Swampert and Empoleon aren't stuck with stupid crap like Torrent.

Meh, abililty stacking doesn't sound good. Gives too much of an advantage to some and literally none to others (as you exemplified with Bronzong and Togekiss).

Plus, it gets rid of the choice in the sets that makes having two different abilities to choose from a tactical option.

If anything changes in abilities, it should change the trend in the abilities the starters get. I hate how they get shafted in the abilities section. It's always something suckish. They should at least all have a second ability so guys like Swampert and Empoleon aren't stuck with stupid crap like Torrent.
If it wasn't for torrent, Empoleon wouldn't be as raping. It's definitely a very useful abilities, and it could definitely help bulky pokes like Swampert break stall wars.

If bronzong got to use both of it's abilities it would be near unstoppable. And what about ursaring? Insanity! Throw in porygon-z's triattack into the mix and it doesn't bear thinking about!

Latias is a specially defensive dragon. I'd previously suggested that Draceon (Eeveelution) be a kind of physically-defensive counterpart. Certainly I think for a dragon to be successful defensively it shouldn't be 4x ice weak.
Forgot about Latias whoops
Hm, yeah, I can agree with that. I just think Grass/Dragon could be an interesting defensive pokemon with all those 4x resistances.

Has anyone put any thought into a Xatu evolution? An evolution for him might be really good. Give him 100 base HP, 110 base speed and maybe 5-15 more base in defenses, as well as 110 base special attack and, well, we might have a really diverse Pokemon. He's already abel to support, and although he has a shallow offensive movepool he might be able to deal some significant damage to the opposition. He still has things like his Psychic typing and stealth rock weakness pulling him down, but he might make an interesting partner for Tyranitar or other Fighting/Ground weak pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)