Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poison, Bug, and Fighting types haven't been legendaries yet... I wonder if that'll change. o.o; But its hard to imagine a legendary bug Pokemon. o.o;

Even if Flareon got flare blitz, some of its stats (speed) aren't made for sweeping or anything. Entai is much better off with it.

Also, a bug typed legend would be very... Odd to say the least, lol.

lol...reading back the last page was funny seeing how many times I was misunderstood.

Anyway, I agree that Flareon could do better than Flare Blitz but it's still a shame that it never had the option.
A nuke like Flare Blitz on the Choice Bander would get it a lot more respect and would certainly be more useful than Fire Fang.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
meh, dragon/bug doesn't seem all that great to me. Bug doesn't really give dragon anything offensively (since bug is resisted by steel, you get no additional neutral coverage, which is the most important factor in picking a dual STAB).

Defensively, you get a couple additional nice resistances, but nothing really worth picking up SR weak. It's definitely an interesting defensive type, but without any real interest offensively . . . meh

The only reason bug/dragon would be potentially scary is the possibility of Tinted Lens, but I highly doubt they'd give Tinted Lens to dragon unless they either planned to make the thing super ridiculous (like a 670+ bst Uber poke) or piss-poor BST (breloom level or worse, with 85 or less in its offensive stats). Unresisted Draco Meteor/Outrage LOL >____>

Can there be a rule on the forum where Flareon+Flare Blitz never gets mentioned again, its would still be just a shit Arcanine that hits slightly harder but does everything else worse.

A bug-type legendary based on a scarab might be cool. Since such a thing would be elusive, maybe it could feature heavily in the plot. The villainous team would be looking to get their hands on it, by the usual obnoxious methods. "The Pokemon can't hide in the forest if we burn the forest down...muahahahahaaa"

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, if they made an ability that gives Dragon immunity and made at least 3-4 OU noteworthy pokemon who get it, I could see some justification for Tinted Lens + Dragon. They should do that anyway, at least 1.

Vaporeon may be the only OU level Water-Absorber, but it is a fantastic pokemon. Something around that level with a Dragon immunity isn't too much to ask I think.

. . . though Vappy is kind of a pest, so give us easily usable + widely distributed 120+ pwr electric moves too. :P

I think that a cool legendary bug or maybe just a regular bug type in general would be like something from the Alien movies.

A dragon type eeveelution could have dragon negating ablilities.

Bug/Dragon would be nice in the terms of tinted lens, or some kind of bug/grass based move pool (Sleep powder..etc).

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Dragon/Grass would be a pretty shitty typing though. I mean, Grass is a pretty shitty typing period. This is why Water types are so freakin' broken-- because Grass is retarded both offensively AND defensively (and electric is "meh" on both). At least in Dragon's case, Ice is AWESOME offensively and Steel is AWESOME defensively (even if both such on the opposite front), so Dragon's "problem" types get lots of play (unlike water's). But back to Dragon/Grass as a shitty typing . . .

Grass adds pretty much NOTHING to Dragon's offensive too (aside from taking out bulky waters I guess, but look out for Ice attacks) and does even less for dragon on the defensive side. >_>

Basically, gain weaknesses to Flying, Bug and Poison, lose your fire resist, and make Ice 4x weak.

And the positive? You become 4x resist to Water and Grass? Lame . . . oh and you get a ground resistance! (never mind that the vast majority of dragons are IMMUNE to ground . . .)

One thing I realized- since there is no way for two DS cartriges to be in the DS at once, we probably won't be able to send pokes from 4th gen to 5th gen. In fact, I could see this being the new 3rd gen, with just one knew mechanic (abilities) and other than that, just a bunch of new pokes and moves. And there will be something like 200 mode, with only so many pokes, then they have a third game with a few more and new tutors, a wii game that gets us everything except most of the hoenn pokemon and some sinnoh, then shiningruby and sparklingsaphire comes out and we can just squeeze out all 600 something pokemon, then another wii game makes it a little esier to get them all.
Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)