Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon/Grass would be fairly good imo. 4x resist to water and electric (grass too but who cares). The grass type also brings leech seed immunity which is always handy. Also, swampert is a fairly regular dragon switch-in. But it wouldnt switch in to a Grass/Dragon. So there are less things that can switch in to this new dragon if it is Gr/Dr. Something like DD/LeafBlade(WoodHammer)/Outrage/Earthquake would be pretty good. Although skarm would wall it.

On the topic of Dragon Dance, many pokemon got the new move in HGSS that didn't have any close relation to dragons. Yes, i'm talking about Whiscash, Crawdaunt, and Tropius. Whicash and Crawdaunt have something in common, and that is they're only a second evolution pokemon. I see how there could be a possible third evolution in these lines, evolutions with more dragon like characteristics or even dragon types (not so much in Crawdaunts case, but you never know). Tropius already sort of resembles a dragon, but not by much. A baby form and an evolution (baby Grass evolution Grass/Dragon) would make Dragon Dance make sense, and also power up a more less used pokemon. Also, ingame a baby form would/could be easier to get and evolve into a Tropius rather than just catching Tropius.

Then it would be three times as broken as Dragons, Spore and Dragon Dance combined, meaning it would be banned even in Ubers and would likely cause a third world war as well as seperate many families and trigger a worldwide epidemic leaving millions dead in its wake.

Bad idea.

Guys, just so you all know, GBC's can link with GBA's.They use different link cables, but there are special ones which are built for the purpose of linking them; it has four ends, two for GBA and two for GBC. I know this because I happen to have one.
The problem is more of how data is transferred in the cables. If I remember correctly, while the GBA cable could exchange data packets simultaneously between the two systems, a GBC cable has to exchange packets from one system to another, so it would be difficult to "force" the GBC game to adjust to the new system (One may think the GBA could simply work like the GBC cable, but eh.)

Then you ALSO have the fact that said 1st/2nd gen pokémon will need to change their DVs into IVs, completely re-working how their gender, shininess, and stats are determined.

Long story short, it would've been hell either way if Nintendo tried to allow trading between 2nd-3rd gen or not.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
No no no no no!! Dragon/Grass just means one more 4x Ice Weak Dragon and all the more reason for Ice moves in the metagame.

I'd like it if Stealth Rock was changed to just 6.25% damage for resists, 12.5% for normal, and 25% for weak. No more 50% or 3.125%. This way, stuff like Gyarados and Salamence still are in check, but nothing gets super-nerfed by 50% SR damage.

Also I'd like Wonder Guard to block entry hazards.

Also I'd like Wonder Guard to block entry hazards.
What happens when a hacked Pokemon with Wonder Guard that isn't weak to Rock switches in on Stealth Rock? Given that it is a type discriminating move, it would make sense that no damage is incurred at all, although I can imagine Gamefreak overlooking things like this as they always do. IIRC Porygon2 and Gardevoir do still take damage when switching into Shedinja because hazards are activated before Trace.

Anyway, although it is highly unlikely, I would also like to see non Ground-weak Pokemon with Wonder Guard avoid Spikes altogether, despite them only differentiating between what's airborne and what isn't, not strictly by type. It is a strange situation because currently Shedinja is the only 'grounded' Pokemon to be immune to Ground attacks.

@Lemmiwinks MkII
I meant that I'd like Shedinja to be immune to all 3 entry hazards.

Also I'm pretty sure Wonder Guard does not bypass Stealth Rock. It only blocks stuff not blocked by Magic Guard.

(Meaning a Dark/Ghost with both Wonder Guard and Magic Guard would be 100% immune to everything. I'm glad you can't hack two abilities.)
Whoops, forgot about Scrappy and Foresight + Fighting move.

On the vein of wacky Pokemon...how about a Dark/Ghost legend with Wonder Guard and massive defenses...but it learns no attacking, status, or healing moves at all.

Would still be extremely powerful, since you can Toxic with something else then switch it in. Would go straight to Ubers, where it would force every team to have a way to deal with it - most likely Toxic.

On the vein of wacky Pokemon...how about a Dark/Ghost legend with Wonder Guard and massive defenses...but it learns no attacking, status, or healing moves at all.

Would still be extremely powerful, since you can Toxic with something else then switch it in. Would go straight to Ubers, where it would force every team to have a way to deal with it - most likely Toxic.
Miltank would pwn that thing. Hard.

Miltank wouldn't be able to hit him because Dark/Ghost has no weaknesses. Wonder Guard means that it is only hit by super effective damage dealing hits. How is Miltank and answer to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)