Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible (in HG/SS) to breed after getting to Goldenrod? :)
And can we get Radio when we get to this city, cause i'd like to breed something before beating Pokemon League.

@ Gokufan: You can breed before you get there actually.The Day Care Couple's house is just before you reach Goldenrod(breeded for an Adamant Totodile to send to my Platinum game :) ). The Radio tower is also in Goldenrod. You actually HAVE to go there first because the Gym Leader, Whitney, is there in order to challenge her.

When you trade a Pokemon from one game to another, does that Pokemon's happiness level reset or does it keep the same level of happiness?

If one was playing with a team for a while, posted it in the RMT, and gets accused of just making it up wihtin 5 minutes even though an ample amount of time has been spent on the team, then what should I do?

haunter

Banned deucer.
If one was playing with a team for a while, posted it in the RMT, and gets accused of just making it up wihtin 5 minutes even though an ample amount of time has been spent on the team, then what should I do?
You can just ignore people who accuse you. Don't spam this thread with pointless questions please.

It's what it says - a problem with Smogon's servers. No idea when it'll get fixed, I expect the staff are working on it.

So can someone help me think of a better ev spread and nature for a Cresselia with Psychic, Ice Beam, and Charge Beam?

Could I just take one of the offensive calm mind sets and use those evs?

When Rest is used while using the Toxic orb is active, what happens? The way it's playing out in my mind is, The rest heals, opponent attacks, toxic orb activates back at 1/16 again. I was thinking this would be benefitial for a toxic orb Ursaring with quick feet.

haunter

Banned deucer.
No, when you use rest you go back to full health and stay asleep for 2 turns, then, when you wake up the toxic orb activates again.

Dang. Alright thanks, what'd you recommend then for the Ursaring, the team is fairly mixed right now defense to offensewise. Toxic orb lets quick feet work without the hindering of the attack and I've got a Dual-Screener on my team.

Edit: In retrospect, Toxi-Rest would probably be a big thing if it worked, I should have looked to see if that was being applauded before asking.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I'd say that Ursaring is too frail to use rest effectively, nonetheless, if you use it in OU (where steel types are everywhere) you need 3 attacking moves and SD to use it to its full potential (swords dance, facade, fire punch\close combat, crunch). But yeah, if you're building your team around Ursaring, then rest+toxic orb seems usable, though it's probably not worth the support it requires.

Can some one tell me the ev spread for a rappid spin tentacruel. I keep getting a 500 server error when i try to bring up the page

Tentacruel @ Leftovers or Black Sludge
Liquid Ooze
252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpD, Calm
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Surf
Hidden Power Electric
---

In HG/SS, when the legendary beasts start to roam, do they behave as the roamers in Platinum did? Like, I encountered Entei, and hit him with a surf from my underleveled starter, bringing him to about 75%. He of course fled, and it was my intention to repeat until he was at a catchable point and get him.

However he is now not on the map. Is it different with these guys? One encounter and that's all you get, or what?

Stupid question indeed, but whatever.

Say I have a male Gastly and a female Gastly. Their IVs range from 10 to 20 in all stats. Should I just breed and hope to get something good, or try to find better ones in the wild? They both take so long.

In HG/SS, when the legendary beasts start to roam, do they behave as the roamers in Platinum did? Like, I encountered Entei, and hit him with a surf from my underleveled starter, bringing him to about 75%. He of course fled, and it was my intention to repeat until he was at a catchable point and get him.

However he is now not on the map. Is it different with these guys? One encounter and that's all you get, or what?
He should still have a little icon on the Pokegear map. I think he only stays in Johto, and you may be in Kanto, which explains why you can't see him. The only other possibility is you killed it without you knowing. x)

Is it still possible for Ho-oh to be shiny if I defeat him before the Elite 4? I don't want to bother catching him now with my level 3x team. Also, do his IVs stay the same as they were prior to the Elite 4 if I defeat him?

Iv'e read the Metagross analysis, and it doesn't answer this qiestion, so: should Metagross use Zen Headbutt, or it has bad coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)