Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to work kinda well but god I've hit more Voltorbs on the lowest probability squares than should ever happen.

I hate how they'd do this for the hardest in-game to date. How the hell am I supposed to get through this game without an Electric attack on my Lapras? Jeez =/ [inb4 grind wild battles, nty]
You could teach it Thunder instead. It would be faster, even though it's less accurate.

You might find it easier to just buy the coins.

If you can trade with a completed game, there is a way you can transfer wealth - though inefficiently. Just buy vitamins in the completed game, attach them to Pokemon, trade, and sell in the current game.

^You can't buy coins in HG/SS though (in anything but the Japanese release)--you have to get them through Voltorb Flip.

You might find it easier to just buy the coins.

If you can trade with a completed game, there is a way you can transfer wealth - though inefficiently. Just buy vitamins in the completed game, attach them to Pokemon, trade, and sell in the current game.
As Naxte said, you can't buy coins in HG/SS or else I would've.

What do you think of this (SR, Movie giveaway) Arceus?

Jolly nature

IVs
HP 29
ATT 30
DEF 6
SPATT 18
SPDEF 9
SPD 31

Jolly nature is the one I want, this one is like my 8th Jolly of SR. Would the low def ivs be a major hinderance in uber battling (excluding evs)? I'm aware that you can not ev train since it comes at lvl 100 :(

What is a good alternate Ev spread for a CB Scizor that can take special hits and still have max attack?
Didn't me and someone else already answer this question? I use 252 Atk/248 SpDef/8 Spe to keep the 8 Spe the analysis likes for no apparant reason and the 248 SpDef ensures maximum special bulk. If you don't want the 8 Spe, then put it in SpDef and HP.

Edit: @ Tony_M_W: That looks pretty good to me, but this is the thread you should ask that in.

Can somebody briefly explain to me what a Pokésav exactly does and to what extent are it's effects? Where can you get it? Is there any way to get something legit out of it through any sort of loopholes or anything?

Edit: Wow thanks cantab, sounds good

Didn't me and someone else already answer this question? I use 252 Atk/248 SpDef/8 Spe to keep the 8 Spe the analysis likes for no apparant reason and the 248 SpDef ensures maximum special bulk. If you don't want the 8 Spe, then put it in SpDef and HP.
I guess I would ask what you want the Scizor to be able to do? Is there a reason you are using it over something like Empoleon, which is far bulkier, has more resists and no 4x weakness, and still has great offenses (including STAB priority) for your special tank? Other options for special tanks with decent punch abound, including Jirachi, Celebi, even Vaporeon.

A standard CB Scizor is not even 2HKOed by Starmie's unboosted Surf (43% max). Shadow Ball from a max SpA Specs Gengar also fails to 2HKO (44.6% max). Against a Charge Beam Jolteon, standard CB Scizor can switch into +1 Hidden Power Grass, then live the +1 Thunderbolt and OHKO with Superpower. That is some pretty decent special bulk right out of the box. Adding more mostly means living Fire moves, and good luck with that. Even a max/max Scizor is OHKOed by even a non-STAB Fire Blast from practically anything, including BaitTar, Lead Azelf, and even a minimum SpA Salamence.

So again, what role is this thing filling? We can help you optimize EVs to a task, like minimum needed to live a Fire Blast from Scarf Flygon, for instance. But for the most part the EVs in the analysis are pretty good. DDRMaster's suggestion of moving all of the HP to SpD is ok I guess, but I'd rather have the extra bulk against EQs and Waterfalls, and Fighting moves personally.

Oh and I wanted to help a lot of you guys out by showing you a post I made yesterday to help with Smogon always being down, but I can't seem to find it so I'll reexplain it here.

Whenever Smogon is down, (HTTP 500 errors,) you can still access the various Pokémon Analyses relatively easily. First of all, go to Google. Secondly, type in exactly what you're looking for (example: Smogon Rampardos Analysis). And finally, when you find the link to the Smogon Analysis, click the link next to the web address that says Cached, and there you have it.
Example links:

i have got a random shiny and calculated its IVs and got all th steps ready to hatch it, but the rng genorater dosnt have a hg or Ss option for the eggs... all it says is calculate poketech apps... does anyone have an answer to this question? has anyone bred shinies on hg or ss yet?

Can somebody briefly explain to me what a Pokésav exactly does and to what extent are it's effects? Where can you get it? Is there any way to get something legit out of it through any sort of loopholes or anything?
Pokesav is a program for editing Pokemon game save files. It can be used to create a Pokemon 'from scratch', or to edit any aspect of an existing Pokemon. I believe it can also do stuff like move the player, give loads of every item, and so on.

Most usage is considered to make the Pokemon 'hacked'. Provided you stay within what can normally be obtained it's a 'legal hack', usable in battles if you tell people beforehand, but not tradeable. Note that the line between legal hack and illegal hack is somewhat complex, especially with various move combinations being illegal even though both moves are legal on their own. Very minor changes, like using it in leiu of a TM or changing the Pokemon's name, aren't normally considered to affect legitimacy. It can also be used to clone Pokemon, which is normally considered legit (cloning can be done ingame via glitches).

To get save files in the first place, people usually use Action Replay, though other methods exist (of dubious copyright legality so I shan't mention them).

Where can I find what pokemon is good with what nature?
Use the analysis. Since the server is down right now, to see the pages, you have to search something like smogon [Pokemon's name] in google and click on Cached at the bottom of each result.

Edit: Master Ball explained it better.

@ Res Ipsa Loquitor: I only use that spread because I found I was really only switching Scizor into things like Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, and Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor (and for some reason, I thought max SpDef allowed it to survive 2 Surfs from Specs Latias).

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

If you mean "For X-mon, what is a good nature?" then the answer is "the ones the analyses list". (You could also check the detailed usage statistics to see what people currently tend to use). In general the earlier listed sets are more common and perhaps 'better', while the later listed sets are more niche - though exceptions abound.

If I'm getting a Pokemon and I don't have a particular role in mind yet, I tend to go for the most flexible nature - the one listed by most sets.

If, on the other hand, you mean "For A-nature, what Pokemon are good", then it's less simple to answer - but the analyses and usage stats could help.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
How does one achieve an ideal rating on Shoddy Battle?

(I had asked this previously in the Shoddy Battle version of this thread, but received no answers)

Every time I try to use the Radio on the Pokegear, if I flip it to a channel, I look at a bunch of dots and unfinished words. How do I make it so it won't do that, and view whatever channels I want it to?

IV battle?

Can someone online please help me with an IV battle?

I need to check quite a few gastlys..and I've already tried to ask my other friends but they do not seem to be available.

My FC: 3309 6877 3983

I would very much appreciate it guys!!

Thanks in advance!

Every time I try to use the Radio on the Pokegear, if I flip it to a channel, I look at a bunch of dots and unfinished words. How do I make it so it won't do that, and view whatever channels I want it to?
You can tune it by dragging around the cursor in the center circle. You're also supposed to be able to tune into pre-set channels in the 4 buttons along the sides. The periods and unfinished words are supposed to indicate static and an unclear radio reception.

What would you guys suggest for optimal in-game catches and leveling as the game progresses? (Heart Gold) Stuff to get before each gym that I'll want for the whole game. Preferably when to get them and when to evolve them if anyone would want to be so nice as to take the time....

ex. "Get a Mareep before Falkner, let it evolve at lv 15 when it gets there but keep it as Flaaffy through lv 31 so it has Thundershock a few levels earlier"
"Don't bother with Geodude/Graveler, they're outclassed by x which you can get later in the game and have at a high enough level for x battle"
"Try to have your Pokemon at x for your battle against x"

I just can't seem to figure out a good runthrough plan for HG which is unusual. I can't make up my mind on a few different things so any kind of opinions would be appreciated and a full runthrough either posted or PM'd to me would probably get you something nice from me once HGSS RNG is cracked :)

If I made banners for one guy in a joint thread, and he gave me 10 credits. Would I only be only to use it on his shop or his partners shop too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)