Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... hi guys this is a Life Orb question.
How many hp evs should a dugtrio have to stay in with 1 one hp at least
current evs : 252Atk/224Spe/??hp
Thanks in advance and who likes Iron Maiden

Why in the world do you NOT have encryption?
I don't know. My roommates are the ones who did all the work through Comcast. I'm just paying my share. I've asked them if they would be willing to try to set up a WEP key and they refused, saying that it would be a hassle (Evidently all of the roommates need to do an identical procedure with their computers so it's not like I can just call them and figure it out myself.)

I don't know. My roommates are the ones who did all the work through Comcast. I'm just paying my share. I've asked them if they would be willing to try to set up a WEP key and they refused, saying that it would be a hassle (Evidently all of the roommates need to do an identical procedure with their computers so it's not like I can just call them and figure it out myself.)
I've connected to networks without needing any sort of key before - I'm not sure why yours thinks it should have one even though it doesn't. I think the biggest pain about DSLite wireless is that many free public networks require you to agree to conditions through a browser, which of course the DS doesn't have... so many otherwise free networks are off the table.

I see they don't care about privacy or identity theft... it isn't like setting up a WEP key is hard or even like setting their devices to use the key is difficult. It's no different from inputting a password into their device but whatever.

Anywho, here is something interesting about the Power Items and IVs I discovered:
Okay so because I'm aiming to make a perfect attack and speed gible and the chain would have allowed me to, I decided to go ahead and test what happens if you give both parents power items. Here are the conditions:
- Mother has maximum HP and Attack IVs and is holding the Power Bracer (Attack)
- Father has maximum Speed IVs and is holding the Power Anklet (speed)

Here are the offspring out of five, not enough to be conclusive but it does reveal to me a pattern on how IV inheritance through the power items work:
1. Maximum Speed
2. Maximum HP and Speed
3. Maximum Speed
4. Maximum Attack and Maximum Speed
5. Maximum Attack
Four out of five of them inherited the father's maximum speed IV, before in the past if I had only the father hold a Power Item 100% of the offspring also inherited his speed IV.

One out of five of them inherited both a maximum speed IV and a maximum attack IV, I'm not sure whether that attack IV is from the mother or was randomly generated.

One out of five of them only inherited a maximum attack IV, once again I'm not sure whether that is from the mother but I do know what it should have inherited its father's Speed IV...

Maybe when both parents hold power items one or the other passes on their IV guaranteed? Offspring can not inherit both a parent IVs through power items and maybe my max attack was just a random IV.

However non-power related IVs do pass on occassionaly by its own natural mechanics as this isn't the first time I used a parent w/ two maximum IVs and the offspring has inherited both maximum IVs from a single parent.

In other words, it still seems better to have a father carry a power item with the IV you want and a mother of the nature you desire along w/ the IV you desire hold an everstone. Eventually an offspring will inherit both parent IVs, one through power item effect and the other through natural means from the mother, and it may likely have the nature you want.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Cool Mika, has anybody else done any research into the HGSS power item breeding mechanics? I looked around the RNG threads but couldn't find anything - do they effectively allow the parent to pass on more IVs or is it still just 3? That is, after the 2 parents pass down IVs from the power items they hold, is another IV inherited from the parent with the remaining two randomly generated or is it something different? Thanks and sorry if this is a dumb question, I've been out of touch lately.

Hey I haven't checked in awhile, what were the last tier changes? The last ones I remember were cresselia and P-Z going back up to BL, anything since then?

I'm trying to RNG abuse, but the frame keeps throwing me off. Does anyone know why it I/it isn't being consistent? What causes frame increases, and what pauses it (the guide says the frame continues to increase when you cancel the journal and until you talk to the daycare man, anything else)?

I'm trying to RNG abuse, but the frame keeps throwing me off. Does anyone know why it I/it isn't being consistent? What causes frame increases, and what pauses it (the guide says the frame continues to increase when you cancel the journal and until you talk to the daycare man, anything else)?
In what version? The RNG behaves differently in terms of frame advancement depending on the game.

Where do people find these drawings of Pokemon when they post Rate My Teams? I'm not talking about the sprites however, the drawings that appear around the site.

I am very lucky. After removing the power item from the female Gible 100% of the offspring had the father's 31 Speed IV as I expected. Out of this next batch of five however two Gibles inherited both the father's max speed IV and the mother's max attack IV!

Even luckier, one of them was a Jolly natured one! Quite lucky since the mother had a Quiet nature and my plan was on simply getting any male w/ both IVs and breed him with another female Garchomp I have w/ a Jolly nature while holding the everstone. This saves me from having the take that step!

Don't ask for the other male Gible w/ max attack and speed however. It had a serious nature (decent) and would be great for breeding but I already gave it to a friend of mine who also IV breeds and stuff.

If you want to know the breeding conditions here they are:
Father - Male Mild Dratini w/ max Speed IV holding Power Anklet (speed)
Mother - Female Quiet Gible w/ max HP and Speed IV with no item

1. Female - Naughty and max speed
2. Female - Serious and max speed
3. Male - Jolly with both max attack and max speed
4. Male - Serious with both max attack and max speed
5. Female - Lonely with max speed
This is just to reinforce what I said before about multiple IV parents and power items.

I am playing Pokemon Platinum on my M3 DS Simply. How do I edit the ROM or SAV file so I can check my IVs ingame, fast-egg hatch, etc.?

When a pokemon uses a berry over wifi is it gone forever?
Nope! Same with other items, like if you use trick, with a rare item in the wild, the Pokemon will no longer have it, but if you use trick in wifi, it will =D! No items used in wifi are lost, but it's always a good idea to keep another one of that berry incase you forget to take it off in the wild D;

OK so I'm RNG abusing in Pearl (or trying to), and after picking up the egg, does the frame continue to advance (thus throwing off my flips)?

so i ev trained my starmie from awhile back, but i lost my list on ev training so I have no idea how many i put into starmie. But i did however remember I only ev trained sp. attack, just don't know by how many. So i gave it calcium and carbos. gave 10 carbos and only gave 9 calcium because it wouldn't accept another. now does this mean I maxed out in sp. attack? maybe because calcium goes by 10 and can't exceed over that much so maybe i needed 5 more only and it wouldn't accept it. So what I did, I worked on speed first, and HP a little and went to sp. attack. I'm guessing out of the dark. I don't mind battling until i get the proper amount, or should i stop because of the 9 calcium it can only take.

Does the house at Mt Moon ever open, and if so who/what is inside? I went there during the Clefairy dance and it was still closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)