Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you need to go back into Clair's gym and speak to her. Then go with a spare slot in your party and collect Dratini. I was wondering why I couldn't get it, but when I went to Clair and got the TM I could then get the Dratini as the Elder shut up about Lugia.

I have a female Eevee with Wish in the daycare centre with a Ditto. The offspring doesn't have Wish, why? What do I need to do to breed an Eevee with a Ditto (only Ditto) to get wish.

Might as well get all these questions off of my mind all at once:

1) Is there a method to RNG Abuse for IVs in SoulSilver before I find my first wild shiny to get my Secret ID? (minus Red Gyrados, that doesn't work)

2) Is the breeding algorithms for HGSS any different than DPPt if you aren't using power items?

3) Is it worth it to use power items when not RNG abusing? or does that prevent you from getting the correct nature using an everstone?

4) What is a good sweeper to breed for in OU that can be caught (or otherwise obtainable and breedable) in SoulSilver? (sorry for the opinion based question, I need at least one good idea)

I have a question regarding the Battle Frontier records topic on this board...

If I have a Pokemon that was slightly hacked but is still within legal means of the game, and I use it in the Battle Frontier and get a very high streak, would that streak be allowed in the Battle Frontier records topic? I ask because I'm on a severe hot streak in the Battle Hall using a Pokemon whose IVs were modified to get me a good Hidden Power type but whose stats and moves are perfectly legal...

Might as well get all these questions off of my mind all at once:

1) Is there a method to RNG Abuse for IVs in SoulSilver before I find my first wild shiny to get my Secret ID? (minus Red Gyrados, that doesn't work)

2) Is the breeding algorithms for HGSS any different than DPPt if you aren't using power items?

3) Is it worth it to use power items when not RNG abusing? or does that prevent you from getting the correct nature using an everstone?

4) What is a good sweeper to breed for in OU that can be caught (or otherwise obtainable and breedable) in SoulSilver? (sorry for the opinion based question, I need at least one good idea)
1)Red Gyarados does work, but you need to treat it like a chained shiny. (i.e., save, catch it, find exact IVs, use the SID finder in RNG reporter, reset, rinse, repeat.)

2) as far as I know, yes.

3)+4) don't know and am too lazy to research.

I have a question regarding the Battle Frontier records topic on this board...

If I have a Pokemon that was slightly hacked but is still within legal means of the game, and I use it in the Battle Frontier and get a very high streak, would that streak be allowed in the Battle Frontier records topic? I ask because I'm on a severe hot streak in the Battle Hall using a Pokemon whose IVs were modified to get me a good Hidden Power type but whose stats and moves are perfectly legal...
I'm pretty sure that it was decided that it has to be a legal pokemon i.e. not hacked. Someone else had asked in the BT thread, and was told that it was not.

I'm pretty sure that it was decided that it has to be a legal pokemon i.e. not hacked. Someone else had asked in the BT thread, and was told that it was not.
But it is legal... its stats and EV's are within normal means and it doesn't know any moves it normally can't learn. I just got to 170 and I plan on stretching it further.

Ok, what is the most efficient way to catch latias repeatedly in HGSS? Like the emerald way in slateport.
When I caught Latias, I just ran between Celadon and the route to the right, and if it was on any route bordering Safaron, I could run right to it since it doesn't move if you enter/exit Safaron City. There are other places like this, but this is the largest cluster of them. If it gets too far away, fly to Safaron to reset its position.

Exactly what happiness value is needed for a pokemon to be able to be taught Draco Meteor/Elemental beams? Everywhere I look it only says "high".

I have been wondering about this for a while, but what's the point of "dry passing" (a choiced Pokemon with Baton Pass)?
Baton Passing has a lower priority than switching. Thus, if the opponent switches to say... their Jolteon counter if that's what you're using, you get to see what it is and are able to switch to your own response, as compared to normal switching, where you'd just be guessing. That's pretty much what Dry Passing is used for--pretty much, a similar idea to U-turn on Pokemon like Scizor, although without the damage.

No, they won't, so scarf won't raise lopunny's speed or make her be locked in

Well I guess that can be a good or a bad thing, the good thing is that Lopunny won't be locked into just one move and the bad thing is that she won't get the speed boost that Choice Scarf offers so I guess it kind of balances itself out though in the long run.

Just wanted to confirm this about ability switching from 3rd gen to 4th gen.

3rd gen Horsea with Swift Swim evolves into Seadra in a 4th gen game. If Seadra has Poison Point, it'll eventually have Swift Swim as Kingdra, right? And if Seadra has Sniper, it should retain Sniper when it becomes Kingdra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)