Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I was only calibrating it and getting the delay/seconds.....I wasn't trying to get anything yet....

Thank you, though. It's working now, so....

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was only calibrating it and getting the delay/seconds.....I wasn't trying to get anything yet....

You still should have been posting stuff like the date\time you were trying, the IVs\nature of the Pokemon you caught, etc.

it will probably be faster to just skip that step entirely and use emloop each time you want to hit a delay... (it's faster, and MUCH more reliable) and if you don't get emloop at first... it will start to make sense after a few tries....

Thanks for all the advice guys- hatched myself a shiny togepi. Only thing is though, it didn't have the ability I'd expected. Is there any good way of finding out which ability is which number for different pokémon?

Thanks for all the advice guys- hatched myself a shiny togepi. Only thing is though, it didn't have the ability I'd expected. Is there any good way of finding out which ability is which number for different pokémon?
on the rng reporter there is a funchtion that says Dex/IV check.... if you click that and scroll down to pick whichever poke you are going after.... it will tell you what ability they get....

What is emloop? I usually use Shoddy, and this is the first time in a while since I tried making competitive team on one of my cartridges....And even then, I just got RNG Reporter yesterday....

What is emloop? I usually use Shoddy, and this is the first time in a while since I tried making competitive team on one of my cartridges....And even then, I just got RNG Reporter yesterday....
its a timer that allows you to hit virtually any delay you want.... there is a link on the first page of this thread.... and there is also a guide ther (2 in fact) but I find Syberia's guide to be easier to understand....

Hi guys! I need your guys help to RNg abuse a Heatran on a Pokemon Platinum game. My target seed is 4f070985 the delay is 2427, target frame is 5. I am using emloop and 3 times I already hit my delay. So to move 5 frames I have 5 pokemons in my team and I walk 128 steps but when I get the heatran I am getting the pokemon of the frame 7. I was doing exact the same thing earlier and only getting pokemons of the frame 5. Anyone can help what can be advancing the this 2 extra frames?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys! I need your guys help to RNg abuse a Heatran on a Pokemon Platinum game. My target seed is 4f070985 the delay is 2427, target frame is 5. I am using emloop and 3 times I already hit my delay. So to move 5 frames I have 5 pokemons in my team and I walk 128 steps but when I get the heatran I am getting the pokemon of the frame 7. I was doing exact the same thing earlier and only getting pokemons of the frame 5. Anyone can help what can be advancing the this 2 extra frames?
do you have any roamer out? and heatran is starting on frame 1 so to hit frame five you only have to do four advancements then talk to it.

No roamers up.... Well I made that work... removed 2 of the 5 pokemons of my group so with 3 on my group walking 128 steps I should be in frame 4 but I am getting the poke on frame 5. Something is adding another frame and I really cant figure what it is :/

No roamers up.... Well I made that work... removed 2 of the 5 pokemons of my group so with 3 on my group walking 128 steps I should be in frame 4 but I am getting the poke on frame 5. Something is adding another frame and I really cant figure what it is :/
I still think it may be smarter just to use the journal for the advancing....

Yah... but journal advance 2 on 2... and I want to match a odd frame.. so I will need to walk some steps to change it from even frames to odd frames..

Yah... but journal advance 2 on 2... and I want to match a odd frame.. so I will need to walk some steps to change it from even frames to odd frames..
yeah... but his starting frame is one... so if you flip the journal 2 times... it will advance it by 4... that will give you a frame of 5

yeah... but his starting frame is one... so if you flip the journal 2 times... it will advance it by 4... that will give you a frame of 5
I tried that...... but I got a pokemon of the frame 6. Something is fucking up in my game.. And I just correct it my way lol

On RNG Reporter 7.40 Shiny Egg Finder:

Please note that number of flips and taps that are listed assume that you will also be doing 10 coin flips to verify your initial seed.

For example, I got a Shiny Spread with 3 Taps and 5 Flips. Do I always have to do the 10 coin clips to make sure I have the right delay? Can't I just catch a Wild Pokemon instead?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On RNG Reporter 7.40 Shiny Egg Finder:

Please note that number of flips and taps that are listed assume that you will also be doing 10 coin flips to verify your initial seed.

For example, I got a Shiny Spread with 3 Taps and 5 Flips. Do I always have to do the 10 coin clips to make sure I have the right delay? Can't I just catch a Wild Pokemon instead?
you must do the 10 verification flips or your advancements will be messed up and you won't get the correct results.

Here's the TLDR: I get 'Input string was not in a correct format' when I'm trying to generate times on my RNG Reporter for method J catching wild pokemon.

Here's the detailed explanation:

So I'm attempting to do my first RNG, and I'm trying it on an Azelf on my Pt version. I'll list everything I am doing so that you guys can point out what I am doing wrong. Sorry if it's lengthy, I just want to make sure I list everything down so you guys can catch what I'm doing wrong.

I haven't unlocked national dex yet so to get my seed I am masterballing Azelf and then inputting it's stats accordingly to get my seed.

I am using RNG Reporter v7.50, and I am able to get an average second of 14 and an average delay between 590-610. After I find some seeds, do I/should I press the 'ok' button to plug the value into my main RNG Reporter screen?

After that, I click on Time Finder, I left the year blank (because I don't mind changing my DS calender to get my desired IVs), changed min/max delay to 590/610 respectively, changed the method to 'Method J', and plugged in Naive (my desired nature) to both 'Sync Nature' and 'Nature' (since I have a Naive Abra in my party). Then I plugged in my desired IVs and hit 'Generate'.

Once I got done through that part, I found a frame that I wanted, and right clicked and hit 'Generate Times'. This is where I get the error:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. Input string was not in the correct format"

I tried downloading the .NET framework on the RNG Reporter site, and it says that my OS already has it installed. I've duplicated this method on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista, so I don't know what I am doing wrong, any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Confused

Hi guys,

Can anyone clarify the steps used to abuse TID/SIDs to make SRing for a shiny starter Cyndaquil easier? My understanding so far is this:

1. Use PokeRNG to find a non-shiny spread's PID

2. Enter the PID into Pandora's Box under the "Shiny PID" column

3. Enter one of the seeds generated into RNG Reporter's "Seed to Time" feature.

Are these preliminary steps right? What do I do once RNG Reporter generates times, seeing as I have no decent way to check Pokemon IVs in order to calibrate my delay? What should I do after these steps?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Okay, first, this is all for SoulSilver version...

I have a friend who wants her starter to be shiny, right out of Elm's lab.

We got her Secret ID by using the ID finder on Pandora's Boxas she started her New Game.

Using RNG Reporter, we've managed to find the date, time and delay value that'll generate a shiny in Frame 1. (That'll be a shiny Chikorita if memory serves.)

Without Lv50 pokemon or the pokegear to calibrate, I'm not sure how to tell her to proceed in hitting that target time and delay. All the guides were written for D/P rather than HGSS, so I'm not sure if delay determination has changed since then.

I'll use a hypothetical target time of, say, 12:34:56, and a hypothetical delay of... 7890. (That delay comes out to a little over two minutes.)
What should she set her DS's clock to, when should she soft-reset, and at which screen should she press A when the clock strikes 12:34:56?

On D/P, it was the main menu screen. I've heard rumors that in HG/SS it's now the title screen... showing Lugia swimming along.

Can I get some help, please?

I've run into something odd with the RNG in the SS Safari Zone.
Seed: B60F175D
Method K Frame: 36 with Adamant Sync

I've used it 3 times already in different zones and had no problems, verify seed, pay to enter and walk into desired zones grass, call elm to locate my current frame, advance to 34, sweet scent and there it is.

Although this time I sweet scented using surf, so same process but only called elm up to 33 (as SS on water is +3 frames typically) BUT to my surprise it was actually method K frame 168....

How did I jump so many frames? Or is this just one of them 'HGSS quirks' we need to deal with and forget about?
Safari Zone on a retail card is not possible, as you get weird frame...I used emulator and kazo's rng helper to locate my frame, otherwise it ain't (yet) possible.
<_< I made a point of explaining I have done it, how many times I've done it, and how I did it so I didnt get a pointless reply like yours.

Does anybody with the ability to read and enire post have any ideas to throw my way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 15)