NP: UU - Bye Bye Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay no more froslass and RAIKOU!

and what's all this talk about cloyster? i thought i was the only one that used it. i've only seen like one or two (tops) people that had it in their team

Yeah me too.....although by and large we got what we wanted. Although Moltres will now continue to terrorise for another 4 weeks...
Although without Froslass' support it should be much more manageable.
I don't really see anything broken at this point anymore, especially not Moltres. So have we finally reached the balanced metagame we've all been waiting for?

yea pretty much haha

now don't f it up somehow! lol

also when will the changes be made to the tiers. i went to see if their sign had changed from uu to bl but they're both still uu

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meh, I didn't think it was all that bad last round, except maybe Froslass (And I considered her for a long time too). It should be a very balanced metagame name, although there would probably still be people who would complain about it.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am thoroughly excited, to the point that I will ACTUALLY MAKE UU TEAMS AGAIN YEAH.

That said, Moltres is still a jerk. The increase in Slowking usage to deal with it is kinda interesting, but... eh.

Yes I'm quite happy atleast Moltres is still UU it deserves it, Just happy I don't have to see Frosslass anymore gives other spikers more chances. Lets see how this round will go.

Interesting to see what happens to the lead position. now they don't have to revolve around lass.

Also be interesting to see what happens to dutrio withod.ut raikou around

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Can we like make Dugtrio a superminority and never embarrass ourselves by voting on him again? lol 18-3...
You're probably not serious, but just in case you are, things do change! Raikou was voted UU something like 3 times in a row, with the last one being a decently lopsided vote. It was said that it would take EXTREME circumstances for Raikou to become a suspect again...and yet here we are, it got nommed, it was voted BL, it happened. Who knows, maybe Trio could become BL some day.

I am very happy with these bans, although I'd be a lot happier if the other 2 were voted BL as well....(yes I wanted Dugtrio to be BL).

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
NOOOOOOO Duggy still here :'(. No matter what I am glad that froslass is gone and that moltres is still here. Raikou I abstained >_> no opinion on it.

Anyways I don't see this round having any other suspects we will see when time comes. (moltres was voted 14-4 don't make this the next raikou)

I'm a bit disappointed, as I made my whole team revolve around Raikou so I'll have to make a completely new one.

What's done is done and hopefully this can make more Pokemon viable.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Glad that Raikou and Froslass finally got banned. Kinda disappointed that my paragraphs weren't accepted but eh, I guess I can work on them in the future.

252 posts? That's not healthy.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Lol I checked the voting on froslass and literally crapped myself when I didn't see my name cause I thought that they had made another poll and that I had completely missed it. Then I had remembered I abstained from voting for frosslass :) anyway time to make a moltres team!!!

wow, I completely forgot how the metagame looked before all this. Might be a good time to get into UU, though, seeing as Spikes are finally gone.

This came out the way I was hoping it would. ^__^

I'm glad Moltres got to stay, I have fond memories of using Specs Moltres as a lategame sweeper before Flash Fire Pokemon were all that common. I'm also glad people realized that Shed Shell prevents Dugtrio from being broken/being able to trap TWO STALL POKEMON OH NO.

I'm thinking of running HP Grass LO Electrode. Being able to stop Omastar, Cloyster, Qwillfish, and most Kabutops without getting hit (Kabutop's Aqua Jet?)/ having them set up entry hazards (Focus Sash allows one layer in) will be pretty fun. I've really been looking foward to this round. Perfect time for me to get back into the swing with some of the main threats being outed.

Time to see what all this 'balance' hype is all about...

Anyways, if I can remember correctly, I recall Pokemon such as ToxicStall Moltres and Curse Regirock were both encroaching on BL status because they did their job too well. Lets see if the same happens this time around.

Gaaahhh. Oh well I guess I'll to start using Oma/Cloyster for spiking... Glad Raikou is gone, I may actually start playing UU more. (Look out for my Dragonair sweep yo). So, uh, how do we play UU now, since Froslass and Raikou are banned...?

Expect alot more Lanturn, Chansey and Slowking to compensate for Moltres' sure to happen new dominance.
Funny I have never had trouble with Raikou but always get stuffed up with Moltres. Anyways I am very very happy that Froslass is gone.

wow, I completely forgot how the metagame looked before all this. Might be a good time to get into UU, though, seeing as Spikes are finally gone.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that the Spike-stacking strategy would be completely gone, as Cloyster and Omastar are still around and they're both good in their own right. Sure, they may not be as effective as Froslass (seeing as how teams won't be able to have a spiker and spin blocker all-in-one now), but I think Spike-stacking will still remain a popular strategy in UU. I share most of the sentiments in this thread though, and I think we've finally achieved a balanced metagame.

I wasn't able to submit my paragraphs due to this being my exam period at school (and admittedly, a little bit of laziness), but I trusted you guys to do the right thing and you all did just that!

This is Awesome!
Maybe without such a reliable spiker, stall will be harder to pull off in UU
Except stall never used froslass, that was only offense. Stall used cloyster or omaster. If anything, stall is better now, less offensive teams will run spikes, and raikou is gone, which made decent setup on chansey and gave stall trouble.
P.S. Offensive teams are also in trouble, because raikou was one of the few things that could revenge moltres without being dead weight afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)