Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, keep in mind that you do need some, if any, investment in Special Attack when running Charge Beam, because you still need the stats being boosted to be relatively high, or there's no sense in boosting them. For example, a level 1 Caterpie with +6 Attack really wouldn't be much different from a level 1 Caterpie with +- 0 Attack, but a level 100 Rampardos with +6 Attack would be a huge difference from +- 0 Attack. This example is a bit extreme, but you just have to think that +6 in any stat is that stat multiplied by 4 essentially, so the higher the number being multiplied, the greater the potential output
Well, yeah, but Gardevoir has naturally high base SpA, I got her a 31 SpA IV, AND her Quiet nature gives it a boost.

It'll definitely take some experimenting, and you're right that I'll probably end up allocating some of those EVs to SpA once all is said and done.

Would it be considered hacking or cheating if I used an AR to change a Pokemon from "shiny" to it's original colour? or if I used it to teach a Pokemon a move that would take a while for it to learn? (eg. Salamence and Draco meteor, you have to max it's happiness before the move tutor can teach it the move.)
Yes. Using AR to modify ANYTHING about the pokemon itself is usually considered cheating. Note that many people use the Infinite Items cheat and find that perfectly acceptable, so you could always get 999 Rare Candies and have it learn the move that way.

Lickylicky I believe
Yeah, because Lickilicky is the only thing that gets STAB on it besides Smeargle and something without STAB would need to hit 443 Atk to hit harder with it, which would corespond to a Base Attack of 152 with max Atk EVs and IVs and a boosting nature.

Im battling a friend of mine who thinks he is awesome at pokemon yet he doesnt know what ev training is. so i already have a huge advantage. so i want to create a team with uu nu thats humoruos and effective. any suggestions?

Copy Ash's team? I was using the team he won the Orange Island League with, it's quite fun. (Though, you have to use different moves... Seismic Tossing Charizard isn't the best thing ever...) Namely, Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Lapras and Tauros.

Im battling a friend of mine who thinks he is awesome at pokemon yet he doesnt know what ev training is. so i already have a huge advantage. so i want to create a team with uu nu thats humoruos and effective. any suggestions?
Just have Lead Ninjask Baton Pass +6 speed, and probably a Swords Dance too, depending on what he does, to Marowak for the 6-0.

Or use a Belly Pass Smeargle lead, which you can probably get off, and ship the +6 Atk/+1 Spe to something retarded, like maybe a Hitmonchan running Close Combat, Mach Punch, and a couple of elemental punches.

Or, since it sounds like you won't be using competitive rules, just ignore Sleep Clause and sweep his whole team with Breloom.

Just have Lead Ninjask Baton Pass +6 speed, and probably a Swords Dance too, depending on what he does, to Marowak for the 6-0.

Or use a Belly Pass Smeargle lead, which you can probably get off, and ship the +6 Atk/+1 Spe to something retarded, like maybe a Hitmonchan running Close Combat, Mach Punch, and a couple of elemental punches.

Or, since it sounds like you won't be using competitive rules, just ignore Sleep Clause and sweep his whole team with Breloom.
i would use the ninjask and smeargle but i want to abstain from ou pokes. i think it would be funny to use poekmon like a butterfree or soemthing that are really weak to just beat him handidly

Is it possible to EV a level 100 without an AR? I just got a clean lvl 100 Porygon Z with perfect IVs....
It is possible to do it in D/P using a glitch called the box trick. Other than that it is impossible.

The only EVs you can give to a level 100 Pokémon are through vitamins
You need to level it up in order for the vitamins to take effect so if the Pokémon is in level 100, it's impossible.

It is possible to do it in D/P using a glitch called the box trick. Other than that it is impossible.

You need to level it up in order for the vitamins to take effect so if the Pokémon is in level 100, it's impossible.
If you put a Pokémon in the PC and withdraw it then it's stats change from EV reducing berries or vitamins

If you put a Pokémon in the PC and withdraw it then it's stats change from EV reducing berries or vitamins
Does this work on EV training with wild pokemon too, or just vitamins?

And can his be done in HG/SS, or Platinum or just D/P?

Would this be a good moveset for Milotic?

Aqua Ring
Confuse Ray
Toxic
???

holding leftovers. I have an Aqua ring/Toxic Wailord, which is nice cuz of his massive HP, but he's just too darn slow. So would this be feasible for a Milotic? If not, what are some alternatives?

Is Milotic a better Sleeptalker, Sleep-Inducer, Toxic-Inducer, Sleep-Talk Toxic Inducer, or Sweeper Tank in OU?

Surf/Ice Beam/Rest/Sleep Talk vs
Surf/Ice Beam or HP Electric/ Hypnosis/ Recover vs
Surf/ Ice Beam or HP Electric/ Toxic, Recover vs
Surf/ Toxic/Rest/Sleep Talk vs
Hydro Pump or Surf/Ice Beam/ HP Electric/ Recover?

Hi, this is my first actual post in these forums, after lurking around for a few weeks.

I've got a question that I've never really thought about having answered, because, well, I really never needed to worry with it. But, curiosity is a cruel thing, so...

What is the appeal of the choice items? I can understand that using one increases speed/physical damage/special damage, but at the cost of being limited to one move only. I've never understood why anyone'd want to limit themselves to one move like that, but mostly because when i play I prefer to have a widespread moveset, or have the option of a few moves that can be utilized in various instances. If plagued by a weak move I'd rather opt for use of a life orb, because it can strengthen all of the attack moves i can use, at the cost of some HP.

Thank you if you answer this question.

Hi, this is my first actual post in these forums, after lurking around for a few weeks.

I've got a question that I've never really thought about having answered, because, well, I really never needed to worry with it. But, curiosity is a cruel thing, so...

What is the appeal of the choice items? I can understand that using one increases speed/physical damage/special damage, but at the cost of being limited to one move only. I've never understood why anyone'd want to limit themselves to one move like that, but mostly because when i play I prefer to have a widespread moveset, or have the option of a few moves that can be utilized in various instances. If plagued by a weak move I'd rather opt for use of a life orb, because it can strengthen all of the attack moves i can use, at the cost of some HP.

Think of it like this: most of the times, when you kill something, it's very likely that your rival will throw a pokemon that counters yours quite nicely, forcing you to switch out after having attacked only once. You need to make the most of that one attack you are going to get.You need to make sure you'll hit hard and fast, then retreat. Most Choice sets are revenge killers or pokemon that still would be using only one attack at most due to having good STAB/already high attack/SpAt stat. The appeal is pretty much the same that Draco Meteor has; yeah, it will lower SpAt, but it will hit really hard.

Freedom of move choice is only useful if you're planning on leaving your poke in until it dies. Sometimes you'll get burned by it, but an effective +1 boost to any of three stats far outweighs the drawbacks when you play it correctly.

Does this work on EV training with wild pokemon too, or just vitamins?

And can his be done in HG/SS, or Platinum or just D/P?
If you give a pokemon EV reducing berries or vitamins its stats will be changed instantly. If you give your pokemon EVs through pokemon battles you have to stick it in the PC or level it up before the EVs are applied. This does not work at level 100, though I do remember hearing of a glitch wherein you can EV train a level 100 pokemon with an EV reducing berry somehow. May be worth looking into.

A Pokemon can't earn EVs at level 100 because it can't earn Exp. Points either. To my knowledge, only stat enhancers ("vitamins") can raise a level 100 Pokemon's EVs, but only up to 100 EVs. Even at level 100, however, a stat-reducing Berry will recalculate all of a Pokemon's stats after reducing EVs.

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#champpath

theres an event on there "Beyond the Sea" and it says you can unlock it by doing an international trade on the GTS.

well.. ive done one.. and gotten a japanese poke from the GTS.. but i didnt get the event?
Are you sure you got it from a Japanese game? You may have gotten it from a game from your area, and the person you got it from got it from Japan.

To show what I'm talking about:
A is playing a Japanese game, B is playing an english game, as is C. If B got a Pokemon from A, then B would get the place, as would A. If C were to get A's Pokemon from B, that wouldn't be an international trade and thus C wouldn't get it. In this case, you would be C.

As for box trick discussion, it doesn't work in gen 4. I don't think it worked in gen 3 either. Lv100s can only get EVs through vitamins as said earlier. Vitamins and EV-reducing berries have instant effects, the stat reclculation is done the instant the Pokemon consumes the vitamin or berry.

I'm planning to do a flawless Jolteon, just one small doubt before going for it: does it look better normal or shiny(green)? I don't really care if the normal one worths less on wi-fi by the way.
EDIT: and what would be a good hatching place for it? (Platinum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)