Issue #8 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have to say, it was worth the wait! Pretty good, I liked the article on my favourite flaming monkey, Infernape!

Desolate

Banned deucer.
Great issue! I love the Cover Art, and Happy [The Smog] Anniversary! Thumbs up to all the contributors.

I was really impressed by the Moves Pokemon SHOULD have but don't section. Interesting, well written and the artwork was brilliant as ever.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lunatone and Solrock not getting Moonlight and Morning Sun respectively are the only reasons I haven't tried them in OU yet. Still, Gamefreak missing good opportunities is nothing new.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'd just like everyone to note that the April OU Metagame analysis has been uploaded (late since we were waiting for the new stats). So everyone be sure to check that out, hopefully it was worth the wait!

It's still as good as ever, but you guys should try putting in pictures people would want to see. The Flyon and Azelf ones, for example, I wouldn't let on my screen if someone else was in the room.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Very good. I enjoyed nearly every article and I laughed when I read cookie's article. I liked the OU team as well and the great commentary. Much better than last times edition. Keep up the good work.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I must say I really liked the metagame analysis that has just appeared. Well worth the wait.

Sand Veil makes Gliscor a huge prick
Surprised that slipped through though.

Also, Porygon-z and Vaporeon are hardly bad leads - surely you could've found something worse?

Whoa, this is amazing ! (;
All these issues look like they took quite some time to make/organize .
& I LOVE the Flygon on the cover ! ;D

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Also, Porygon-z and Vaporeon are hardly bad leads - surely you could've found something worse?
Perhaps if I had more time, but in my experience as a battler I have never seen a successful team with Porygon-Z or Vaporeon as a lead :p

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps if I had more time, but in my experience as a battler I have never seen a successful team with Porygon-Z or Vaporeon as a lead :p
Yes. Perhaps I should explain:

Vaporeon should not be used as a lead, but only because it is almost entirely outclassed by Empoleon. Given that it has a powerful Surf/Hydro Pump, and quick attack, it can 2HKO every common lead bar Roserade, only allowing one turn of setup. Its only notable advantages over Empoleon are that it beats Infernape and can pass wish later, surviving with much more HP in general, but this is really nothing compared to SR. It's not a poor lead by any means, and I have tested it. (I also never got exploded on, thanks to either a 2HKO on Metagross or Protect with my sets)

There is a porygon-Z lead set currently in C+C, using Icy wind and download to good effect, although I have not tested that particular set. We will wait to see what quality control thinks of it.

The part about snorlax without slack off is so true, something I've never noticed but with slack off snorlax would be such a beast....as usual top-notch issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)