Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Texas Cloverleaf
Let's make this quick
Need a bit of team help: Style = Stall
Team
Lead Pert with Roar
Spikes Skarmory with Roar
Celebi with Heal Bell
TormentTran
Wish passing Latias with Roar
AgiliGross with T-Punch

Been considering placing Rotom-H over Heatran so I have a spin blocker and Forretress over Skarm. Concerns about that are the loss of Roar and the lack of a Toxic Spikes absorber. Swampert no likey.

With concerns to Forry I could fit Spikes and T-Spikes on the same set since Rapid Spin is not really necessary for this team.
I'm thinking with Payback and Explosion.
Anybody have suggestions?

Second quote to new page. Anyone?
Third quote to new page. Still waiting...

This is my first post. Yay.

I'm attempting a BT run. I plan on copying alot from Jump. And I know he mentions a min of 80 base speed on his trick lead. Exactly why is ths?

How does Beat Up Dugtrio beat Blissey? Is it because it bypasses EVs, IVs and Nature using just Blissey's base 10 defence? Is it worthy of a slot in Dugtrio if it's main role is to beat Blissey?
It wins because Blissey has crap for defenses. I've never seen a Beat Up Dugtrio used before, though.

I have a male starravia with brave bird and i bred it with a female murkrow. The egg hatched, and the murkrow didn't have brave bird. What am i doing wrong?

I have a male starravia with brave bird and i bred it with a female murkrow. The egg hatched, and the murkrow didn't have brave bird. What am i doing wrong?
Did you breed on HG/SS? Brave bird is only an egg move on those games for Murkrow.

I'm trying to level up my Shuckle in HG/SS [where i caught it].

Everyone knows Shuckle sucks on attack.. how in the world am i going to level it up along with my team throughout the game? any tips or ideas?

I'm trying to level up my Shuckle in HG/SS [where i caught it].

Everyone knows Shuckle sucks on attack.. how in the world am i going to level it up along with my team throughout the game? any tips or ideas?
I'm gonna go ahead and recommend the Exp. Share. It sucks, but not as much as trying to KO something with Shuckle. I mean, what else would you do, Toxic-stall?

If I run Dual Screen Azelf on a heavy offensive team, should it be Reflect/LIght Screen/SR/Explosion, or Taunt should be used and someone else set-up the Rocks?

When are gains to stats from EV training added? Do you get an extra stat point when you level immediately after the acquiring of 4 EVs? Or are gains from EV training gradual and not fully realized until lvl 100?

I currently don't have internet at home, so I'm looking for a downloadable Pokedex for offline use. Anyone have any good ones they could suggest?

CardsoftheHeart made a pretty spiffy Excel resource, though I don't think it has HG/SS updates. It doesn't get as detailed as specific learnsets for each pokemon but it has a damage calculator, list of moves/abilities and their effects, and a few other nifty things. Probably the best you'll find for offline use.

Right now I pretty much just need locations for catching, games they're in and evolutions. I haven't moved into the IV/EVmoveset game yet, working on beating Platinum first :D

When are gains to stats from EV training added? Do you get an extra stat point when you level immediately after the acquiring of 4 EVs? Or are gains from EV training gradual and not fully realized until lvl 100?
The gains are scaled proportionately to level. So at level 50, it takes 8 EVs to get one stat point (in a stat unaffected by nature). The actual calculation is quite complicated with rounding at various steps, and at very low levels (like Little Cup's level 5) it behaves somewhat irregularly.
The stats are only recalculated when you level up, or when you use a Vitamin or an EV reducing berry. So when you do a bunch of EV training without getting much Exp, then when you level you'll notice big stat increases.

Question: When using a vitamin or ev reducing berry, are all stats recalculated, or only the affected one?

Sorry, there's a lot of questions right now so your posts might have been missed.
This is my first post. Yay.

I'm attempting a BT run. I plan on copying alot from Jump. And I know he mentions a min of 80 base speed on his trick lead. Exactly why is ths?
The Speed requirement Jumpman mentions is to make sure that you can Trick your Choice Scarf onto the opponent before they can use their first move, I presume

If I can disable Koga's Muk's Sticky Hold, can I then steal the Black Sludge and have it for keeps? I forget how that works with in-game trainers.
It seems easier than trying to get one from the Great Marsh.
Yes, this is possible if you use Worry Seed or Gastro Acid, and then Thief, and maybe Trick or Switcheroo, not sure about those though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)