Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true Giratina will appear in Turnback cave if defeated in the distrotion world? Will the pixies set free even before caught in Turnback?

Is it true Giratina will appear in Turnback cave if defeated in the distrotion world? Will the pixies set free even before caught in Turnback?
if i am right giratina show up in the cave after you beat the champ(since cynthia is blocking the path until you beat her in the league anyway), if not then after the national dex, either way he is waiting there, the pixies will be waiting in they caves after the events on the distortion world.

yup, and you can kill him again and again that he will be back, same for the pixies, but if you catch he wont come back(i dont remember if giratina come back right after you visit again or 1 week later, but i know he come back to the cave if you kill him)

Does the Everstone nature passing mechanic not work on foreign pokemon or pokemon from Japan?

I have a Japanese Adamant natured Ralts and when I had it hold the everstone like only 2 out of 15 offspring had an Adamant nature.

Does the Everstone nature passing mechanic not work on foreign pokemon or pokemon from Japan?

I have a Japanese Adamant natured Ralts and when I had it hold the everstone like only 2 out of 15 offspring had an Adamant nature.
Correct, it won't work if the parents are from two different countries.

The Speed requirement Jumpman mentions is to make sure that you can Trick your Choice Scarf onto the opponent before they can use their first move, I presume
First of all, thanks for the answer. But is there a more specific answer? I thought I had read somewhere that Metagross was the biggest threat to the Trick Scarf team, but assuming a neutral nature and no Spd EVs, the lvl 100 Meta would hit a speed of 264 after the trick. Where base 80s with a neutral nature and max speed EVs only hit 259 and still not be able to go first on turn 2.

Ohh, or is it so the first turn you're guaranteed to go first, with the scarf bringing your own speed up to 388? Is there some threat that's in the mid 380s? The reason I ask is that I have a Cresselia (base 85 Spd) that I want to use but it only has an IV of 18, meaning it only hits 256. And I want to know if there's some significant reason to use something just a bit faster.

Thanks, mean look is what I was looking for.

Pokemon Gold and Silver take place a few years after the Gen I games. Can someone confirm to me how many years exactly?

Also, where do the other two generations stand in the timeline?

OU Anti Stealth Rock Lead

Hi smogo gangsters, I like to use mass offensive teams when I battle, and I often find myself getting ripped apart by stealth rock damage, as I lack a rapid spinner. So I was wondering what is a good OU anti stealth rock lead that will guarantee or 90% guarantee that my oponent does not get stealth rock up in the early game, but also allows me to go on an attacking rampage.

Suggestions?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Hi smogo gangsters, I like to use mass offensive teams when I battle, and I often find myself getting ripped apart by stealth rock damage, as I lack a rapid spinner. So I was wondering what is a good OU anti stealth rock lead that will guarantee or 90% guarantee that my oponent does not get stealth rock up in the early game, but also allows me to go on an attacking rampage.

Suggestions?
Aerodactyl? Aerodactyl is an extremely fast suicide lead. Here's the spread:

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

Stealth Rock
Taunt
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Basically what you do is Taunt on the first turn, preventing your opponent setting up rocks, and then either set up your own rocks and attack, or switch. The only Pokemon faster in OU than Aero are:
Ninjask (doesn't set up rocks, if you see Ninjask I wouldn't worry about rocks at all, probably a Baton Pass team)
Jolteon (doesn't set up rocks either, but will probably KO Aero)
Electrode (can Taunt but doesn't set up rocks)
Opposing Aero (you are going to have to hope you win the speed tie...hehe)
Hope I helped!

haunter

Banned deucer.
You should ask yourself whether Regice should be used or not... but yeah, assuming that you plan on using it in UU I'd say that charge beam might be used on a rest-talk set giving you some chances to sweep late game.

because he is not used enough to be in any other tier, the reason is SR taking away 50% of his hp, common counters and the fact moltres outclass most of the time.

Safari Zone question:

So I set a up 18 Grass Blocks in the Marshland area and wait ten days so I can get a Seviper. I also set up 18 Rocky Blocks in the Meadow area, so I can get a Nosepass after 30 days, at the same time. I come back after 10 days and get my Seviper and set up the Marshland with 25 Forrest Blocks so I can Carnivine, Croagunk, and Roselia after 20 days. I come back today (which I don't think has been 20 days since I put those Blocks down) and I'm able to catch Carnivine, Croagunk, and Roselia but I can't seem to get a Nosepass. I think something like this happened in the desert and Wetland areas as well.

So my question is this, do the blocks have to be there for the entire time or does the area just have to be there for the given amount of days and the Pokemon will show up any time after that, as long as the right blocks are there? So there's a possibility that you could leave your Rocky Beach area open for 120 with nothing in it, place the neccesary blocks in it for Gible, and immediately get it. Has this happened to anyone else? I've set up 25 Rocky Blocks in the Wasteland area, so if a Banette comes in 10 days (20+10=30), I'll know for sure.
No one ever answered this, so I'll answer it myself.

Yesterday was the 10th day after I set up the Rocky Blocks in the Marshland area of the Safari Zone and I was able to get a Bannette. Bannette takes 30 days with the blocks to be available, which means that you only have to keep the area open for the given amount of days and you can put the blocks in at any time after that.

Just to be sure I was correct, I put the 25 Forrest Blocks back in the Marshland area and I caught a Carnivine, which I wouldn't have been able to catch until 20 days later, otherwise. This means that someone should be able to place the Rocky Beach area in your Safari Zone when you get the ability to place new areas and get your Gible much earlier.

I got HG today, 5 days after the yellow forest event had been ended; are there any other ways to get the event (other than local communications or AR, want to keep this game clean at least until after VGC)? Like, can I get it from someone via Wi-Fi?

There are ways without AR but they are less legit than AR. They involve broadcasting the signal of the event from another DS through illegalish technology. It's less detectable but the ethics of it are even more questionable. Otherwise, Yellow forest is far from competitively useful.

I'm currently trying to deduce my secret ID using the guide on the website. I've encountered a problem because I can't see the radio buttons on the default calculator on windows 7. The data I need converting is 3FFF and AC22. Could somebody please convert these into binary for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)