Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ripped these from the american flash, I would of ripped from the japanese but they're actually clever and used a preloader hence the crappy quality of Zekrom.

Maybe they'll grow on me as others have said. But to me neither one looks particularly appealing. I mean come on. Both of their tails look like they should come from an Air Plane of some sort.

Oh well, maybe we'll get better pictures of them later and they won't look so shitty.

Edit: anyone wanna guess what the Legendaries themes will be? I mean so far we've had the Elements, the Weather, and Time and Space (or the lack there of). Not to mention we've had two Gods (I seem to remember reading that all pokemon came from Mew). What else can they come up with as a theme?

Hey, I like these. First of the Gen 5 Pokemon that I've actually liked on sight.
They may be a little elaborate, but it's not too bad.

The names, on the other hand, suck. Pokemon names should echo relevant words, even if a bit distantly. I can't begin to imagine how Reshiram and Zekrom are derived. Well, maybe Res is as in Resurrection.

Also, I'm really getting a light-type vibe from Reshiram.

Hey, I like these. First of the Gen 5 Pokemon that I've actually liked on sight.

The names, on the other hand, suck. Pokemon names should echo relevant words, even if a bit distantly. I can't begin to imagine how Reshiram and Zekrom are derived. Well, maybe Res is as in Resurrection.

Yea me to, I'm also thinking about light-type now xD
Am i the only one who sees a drill or the back of a bee on Zek's lower back area?
Nope, that's one of the first thing you spot, that thing is HUGE
Darkness and light.
Can't agree more.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To me Reshiram will probably have higher defensive stats while Zekrom will have higher offensive stats. Thats how it usually works with counterparts in pokemon.

of course you like them, you have a dialga avatar =\

Wait, wait, when did we find these legendaries out? Damn, the half-day I spend away from this thread and look what happens...!

Also, perhaps Reshiram will be a pure Flying-type? It looks enough like some kind of air elemental--clouds, even--that I wouldn't doubt it. Zekrom is definitely Dark/something.

Also, if we're going to have a Light type, it should be weak to some types that need buffing. Poison? Psychic?

Or it might be because he has a different opinion then you? But of course that can't be it, it must be because of his avatar!!!

Perhaps zerkrom could represent the pollution of the earth caused by smog and human influence while reshiram could represent the purity of nature or something along those lines. The larger cities present in the game could be a sign of something more, maybe human expansion which is ruining the balance of nature?

So that's our Light type legendary?

Anyway they actually look kind of great, though I have to admit Pokemon is getting more Yugioh-ish each day.

Now for my opinion on the sprites:

Zek looks pretty good but i honestly fail to see why he needs a huge drill on his ass.

Res is good too but he seems to have a engine for an ass which is a bit amusing but as with Zek, what purpose is it doing?

Zek looks pretty good but i honestly fail to see why he needs a huge drill on his ass.

Res is good too but he seems to have a engine for an ass which is a bit amusing but as with Zek, what purpose is it doing?
I think those things on their backs may have a purpose for the anime or the plot of the game. Maybe they can travel at hyper speed using those things or something.

For the competive stats, those legendaries have really good Speed because of those 'motor' thingies on their asses

of course you like them, you have a dialga avatar =\
LOL.
The choice of Dialga was mainly because I thought the colour scheme I had in mind would look good on it (it's my own recolour).

The bulky tails do look a bit odd. I wonder if Game Freak were going for an insectoid look. Also I suspect with no or slim tails they might end up looking imbalanced - in the kind of upright poses we've seen so far it wouldn't be so bad, but I can also see them in a more leaning-forward pose, or even flying, and in those poses I reckon the bulky tails will help 'balance' the bodies.

I'm going to take a slightly different route with this than some of the above posts, but...perhaps they represent the light and dark sides of technology? As in, Zekrom represents the deforestation, pollution, etc. (another Dark/Poison? Poison/Dragon?), while Reshiram represents all the information sharing and cultural integration we can get from technology, and whatever other good stuff has come of technology.

Either that or they both have engines for asses because GameFreak is trollin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)