Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the position its in, it looks more like a Rock pokemons face. Like a mix of Onix and Geodude's faces. But smaller. Maybe its the position. Reshiram looks nothing like a dragon and more like a Winged Fox.

I'm starting to think that Shoko is actually mistaken. I mean, Zekrom is a scary, mighty god of destruction, why it would be voiced by a waoman? It would make a LOT more sense if Reshi was Dragon/Electric and if Shoko was voicing him o-o.

I'm starting to think that Shoko is actually mistaken. I mean, Zekrom is a scary, mighty god of destruction, why it would be voiced by a waoman? It would make a LOT more sense if Reshi was Dragon/Electric and if Shoko was voicing him o-o.
She isn't voicing Zekrom, she is voicing a character in the Zoroark movie that is a Magnemite fangirl and loves electric types.

Which would be kind of the point--it's not a role that she'd be likely to get, but one that she'd love to do because it's a legendary Electric-type, hence her wishing that she could somehow get it. Either way though, ti doesn't really matter, as whether the bit about it being an Electric-type is true or not has nothing to do with the gender (if any) it would be portrayed as being.

Also, on this note, there's something interesting about this blog post that I don't believe I've really seen anyone mention yet. Shoko said that she would love to voice Zekrom for the upcoming movie. What people have all been jumping at here is her referring to it as an Electric-type, which is of course a very interesting tidbit. However, it also brings something else to light: just as Zekrom's typing hasn't been revealed yet (a potential reason for the blog post being deleted if true), unless I'm mistaken, whether Zekrom even appears in the movie at all hasn't been officially announced yet. In other words, if what Shoko said is true, she accidentally revealed two things she shouldn't have: that Zekrom is actually appearing in the movie (or is at least quite likely to), and that Zekrom is part Electric-type. Taking this into account, it really is no wonder that the post ended up being deleted, and, at least to me, makes it seem quite likely the contents are true.

yes, that is quite a interesting point, 2 spoilers at once because of a single mistake is a bit too much to believe, but it should not be ignored either, has much i enjoy this kind of discussion i feel like i should just wait for the movie(or game itself) before saying anything i will regret.

on a side note, i wish the pokemons had more differences on sprite depending on the gender, stuff like blaziken only get a small little fur difference, i want a somewhat bigger change, something that give the impression its really male/female, or at least bigger fur differences, and some pokemons like lucario dont even get any change in sprite, wtf?

She isn't voicing Zekrom, she is voicing a character in the Zoroark movie that is a Magnemite fangirl and loves electric types.
Yeah, the only thing voicing the legendarys are trash compacters and recycled godzilla clips (palkia) or meta ridley (dialga).
That's an interesting thing to tough on --- what about pokemon cries and move animations?

P.S. Top OU xatu evo --- dragon/psychic

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
on a side note, i wish the pokemons had more differences on sprite depending on the gender, stuff like blaziken only get a small little fur difference, i want a somewhat bigger change, something that give the impression its really male/female, or at least bigger fur differences, and some pokemons like lucario dont even get any change in sprite, wtf?
I agree, the gender differences thus far are just incredibly lazy. The vast majority of Pokemon don't have ANY difference, and the ones that do are so subtle, you'll probably miss them anyway! Ex: Scyther/Scizor's abdomen is about 3 pixels longer in female form... wow!!!

If they're going to bother to make different sprites for the genders, then they should make it noticable! Or otherwise, what's the point?

What about female Machamp? Or Lucario? Or Male Gardevoir? Or Lopunny? Those are just a few examples that need changes, but there are many more that I think should look much different.

A lot of animals look the same, regardless of gender, which is probably why they haven't made anything drastic. Things like Scizor are pretty obvious, and you can't do much more to them without ruining the designs integrity. Then you have things like Steelix, which are subtle but nice touches. And then you have the over-the-top shit like Wobbuffet, which honestly just looks stupid. Anyways, I think an obvious gender difference (that would be extremely apparent) would be a duck pokemon. I know we already have Golduck and Farfetch'd, but come on, ducks are so easy to distinguish. The male would be colorful, while the female would be rather dull.

if animals are the same then what is the damn point of changing the sprites at all? they added small, pathetic little changes and expect everyone to notice, or they keep all the sprites the same thing or make changes that are significant enough.

if animals are the same then what is the damn point of changing the sprites at all? they added small, pathetic little changes and expect everyone to notice, or they keep all the sprites the same thing or make changes that are significant enough.
I agree the differences are pointless. I think they just wanted to add it in for the mascot pokes such as pikachu and then made small differences to all the others because they had to.

In my mind, I'm going to say that Zekrom is Dragon/Dark and Reshiram is Dragon/Normal.

Just my thoughts. I'm going with colors, haha. Hey, they're two new type combinations, why not?
I also thought Normal and Dark along with their Dragon Type when I took a closer look.
I say it is far too late to introduce a new type, the much talked about Light type.
Normal and Dark type opposing each other,yet both share the same Fighting, Dragon and Ice weakness.

What will the 3rd, balanced Legendary be?

I really wish Reshiram and Zekrom weren't Dragon type and were pure Flying and pure Dark, respectively. It isn't going to happen, though, so oh well. I still dont see Zekrom being Electric, but whatever happens will happen, we'll just have to wait and see.
In the meantime I hope GameFreak creates a good dual Grass types this gen, maybe we'll finally get the fabled Grass/Fire type. I can see Tsutaja's final evo possibly being Grass/Electric, with extremely high speed and special attack. Definitely the coolest starter so far, can't wait 'til more info is released. By the way, anyone know when the next CoroCoro is?

It serves the purpose of aesthetic touch, not some elaborate feature that the game revolves around. In general, animal species do have subtle appearance differences between genders such as color, size, and ornamentation. And what do you know? Those are the gender differences in Pokemon!

But I guess those aren't extreme enough differences for you. Do you want all Pokemon to have visible genitalia? Then you can quickly and decisively identify your Machop as a male. If only the game would put some kind of symbol next to the Pokemon's that would tell you.

Also keep in mind that this is the first time they have included any kind of gender differences between Pokemon species. Do you really expect it to be perfect the first time?

Dark/Dragon = excellent coverage with only non-Psychic type Steels being resistant to it.

Palkia has great coverage like this aswell. The cool thing would be Normal/Dragon and Dark/Dragon. That would be awesome!

I just realized that there wasn't a single Pokemon following the trainer in that footage. Did they remove the best feature of HGSS?!
It sure looks like they did, doesn't it? Still, I'm going to remain hopeful. Maybe they added an option to turn the following Pokemon thing off manually (although I can't imagine why, since everyone loved it) or maybe they're just hiding the sprites in the beta footage so we can't see what any of the new Pokemon look like.

one reason to make it optional could be because you can let any Pokemon in your party follow you, regardless of position. that would probably necessitate the option to choose that no Pokemon follow you. However, they could easily just use one of the starters of they wanted to show partner Pokemon, so I'm a little worried. :(
Good point. I'd like to think the reason they'd hide the starters on purpose is because they have some awesome new effect they don't want us to know about. Maybe the Pokemon don't follow straight behind you, but spread out like in the Ranger games and take their own paths. I'd personally like that. Always having your Pokemon right behind you in HGSS got a little claustrophobic sometimes. It was fine for the smaller models, but when you bring out to the big guys like Tar or Gyarados, their sprites fade into the back of your head when you stand still. Not a big deal, it looks a little bit awkward.

Or maybe the reason they don't want to show us sprites is that your whole party follows you at the same time (again, like in the Ranger games). I know I'm being a little overly optimistic, but that would be awesome.

It sure looks like they did, doesn't it? Still, I'm going to remain hopeful. Maybe they added an option to turn the following Pokemon thing off manually (although I can't imagine why, since everyone loved it) or maybe they're just hiding the sprites in the beta footage so we can't see what any of the new Pokemon look like.
one reason to make it optional could be because you can let any Pokemon in your party follow you, regardless of position. that would probably necessitate the option to choose that no Pokemon follow you. However, they could easily just use one of the starters of they wanted to show partner Pokemon, so I'm a little worried. :(

Or they could even have shown something like Pikachu. Really, there's no reason they couldn't have shown the Pokemon following you unless it's either not in the game or they somehow haven't gotten around to putting it in the game. I have a feeling that it's not going to be in BW and I'm not basically thinking that so if it does appear, I'll be happy.
that's true. now that I think about it, HG/SS was a remake, meaning the game was pretty much already "made". they just needed to redo the graphics, music, add a bunch of new stuff, etc; it's a lot less work then making a new game from scratch. they probably put partners in because they had time/wanted to add as much new stuff as they could. having to make updated sprites for old and new Pokemon may be too much work to consider, since honestly, not having partner Pokemon doesn't ruin the game in any way.

Or they could even have shown something like Pikachu. Really, there's no reason they couldn't have shown the Pokemon following you unless it's either not in the game or they somehow haven't gotten around to putting it in the game. I have a feeling that it's not going to be in BW and I'm not basically thinking that so if it does appear, I'll be happy.

Also remember that what we've seen the most of is Hiun City. The rotating 3D view and bustling crowds could necessitate putting one's Pokemon away while you're there.

In real life some animals don't show any sexual dimorphisism. Some show moderate amounts of sexual dimorphism, and some show a large amount.

It's a nice touch. They shouldn't keep them all the same, nor should they make all of them as radical as Hippowdon.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Also remember that what we've seen the most of is Hiun City. The rotating 3D view and bustling crowds could necessitate putting one's Pokemon away while you're there.
Actually, that's a solid idea, and something else just occured to me. We've seen gameplay in which the main character is walking through the city, but has no Pokemon in tow; so the natural assumption is that the feature won't appear in B/W. But this might be due to the fact that Huin City is that "Pallet Town" of B/W, the beginning town where you start out. This would explain why they have no Pokemon, because they've yet to leave town and therefore haven't met Prof.Oak / don't need a Pokemon with them for protection yet.

It doesn't seen like it would be too much work to reuse the same Pokemon sprites from HGSS in B/W, but perhaps it's too much to add in a completely new game development cycle. It's still likely this feature has been removed, but I really enjoyed having the ability to walk with your Pokemon in-game. I'd like to see it again... but I won't be crushed if it doesn't happen, and at this point it doesn't seem too likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)