Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why it hasn't been discussed yet, but is it just me, or is the theme music amaaaaazing?

Also the lolita Pokemon is really awesome.
It's a darker remix of the title music from the original games.
I was wondering if it was the real BW title music.

Hahaha, I bet Spiritomb will just cry at Sarcophoghost. One will be a culmination of spectors trapped in a rock, the other will be a single/or culmination of spector(s) PROTECTED by a big rock case.

Anyway, lol at drillpenis, Scizor the Garchomp is interesting, Sarcophoghost doesn't yet interest me and Ariados on the electric fence needs to turn around before I say anythign about it. The other 3 things are repulsive.

I am DEFINITELY not excited for Triple Battles. Also, looking at the newly released images of the pokemon, I'm not too excited to play this game altogether. The new pokemon just look absolutely horrible to me...

Also, that rock typed thing has the same color scheme has Probopass and Nosepass. Possibly an evo that will finally make it worth using?

i just checked the video now and i gotta say.

i told you guys that the pokemons were gonna be motherfucking birthday gifts.

rock slide hit all pokemons:we are so dead, scarf t-tar is gonna destroy the 3V3 metagame.

epic music, nuff said.

i feel like the game is a birthday gift to me given the release date is 4 days earlier then my birthday

also dont take this last part serious, i just felt like adding some random crap to this post.

edit:holy fuck, the pink pig is flying! fuck the fire starter, we got a new flying pig on the area! toss aero aside! we got a new anti-lead!

Oh wow, really? I'm surprised I didn't catch that. Regardless, I think it's pretty sleek and awesome.
Yeah, here you go. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkd6jS3oP8w

I thought it was cool too.
Nice bit of nostalgia if they keep it, without being too similar.

BTW, to the people who say they may not buy the game because of a few Pokes they don't like (yeah right, GF owns your soul), do you like every last one of the current 493?
If not, why do you expect to like every last one of the latest 150?
You gotta catch em all not like em all...lol

I really hope that Egyptian thing is normal/ghost, but most likely it'll end up being ground/ghost...but we really need a normal/ghost, and hopefully something that makes Regigigas useful.

I thought a Normal/Ghost would be cool, along with an ability that forces abilities to start having their effect in-game regardless of if the user is out for not. So, if you had a Salamence in your party, for example, and this Normal/Ghost came out, your opponent would get intimidated by Salamence if the Normal/Ghost had that ability.

That would make Regigigas not suck, since the 5 turns until it gets beastly would start once that Pokemon arrives on the field. Stall for five turns, then turn on rape mode!

Yeah, here you go. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkd6jS3oP8w

I thought it was cool too.
Nice bit of nostalgia if they keep it, without being too similar.

BTW, to the people who say they may not buy the game because of a few Pokes they don't like (yeah right, GF owns your soul), do you like every last one of the current 493?
If not, why do you expect to like every last one of the latest 150?
You gotta catch em all not like em all...lol
It's not that I don't like them, it's just that they don't look like... Well... Pokemon.

its not about damage, its about the fact it flinch 30% of the time, so to put it short each of your pokemons is not only taking damage but might get flinched, with a horrible luck like mine all my pokemons would flinch VS a scarf t-tar.

edit:not nice dude, you know i am a serious competitive player who does not enjoy the use of NUs like dusparce *walk away with ursaring*.

It's not that I don't like them, it's just that they don't look like... Well... Pokemon.
They don't look like any of the current Pokemon.
But that's to be expected eh..being that they're new and all :P

I know some people thought Mamepato looked too much like Pokemon (Pidgey).
The new is always somewhat shocking but the alternative, familiarity, is boring.

its not about damage, its about the fact it flinch 30% of the time, so to put it short each of your pokemons is not only taking damage but might get flinched, with a horrible luck like mine all my pokemons would flinch VS a scarf t-tar.
Aerodactyl would would be a better choice, and even then, it's a 30% chance to flinch on whatever you're fighting, and you can't predict which one you're going to flinch, and 2 pokemon is still enough to crush something.

And don't forget Lucario who's 4x resistant to rock AND has inner focus, earthquake is also alot less usable in double/triple battles due to spread out damage and flying types, and Gear is also resistant to Rock, and it sure looks like he's going to get some use (Gear + Minun + Plusle looks like enough to wreck alot of things given the right tools <___<)

remember t-tar not only got higher atack but can also take a hit from one of those 2 pokemons(fuck fighting moves).

then again i could just slap a CB on aero face and call it a day.

They don't look like any of the current Pokemon.
But that's to be expected eh..being that they're new and all :P

I know some people thought Mamepato looked too much like Pokemon (Pidgey).
The new is always somewhat shocking but the alternative, familiarity, is boring.
Noooo, I think it was kind of confusing how I said it. What I mean is: they don't have a Pokemon-Style to them. If it were up to me, I'd call those Digimon. I hope that makes a bit more sense =/

Edit: I suppose you are right though, familiarity is quite boring. However, I just can't see the old pokemon being placed next to these new ones. It just doesn't look right to me.

T-Tar Rock Slide: 61.1% chance of flinching atleast one opponent, 1.97% chance of flinching all three.

Dunsparce Rock Slide: 90.3% chance of flinching atleast one opponent, 15.7% of flinching all three.

See what Serene Grace can do.

Jolly CS Dunsparce can outspeed nuetral Base 105s and below and positive 95s and below. Which means, unless your opponent is running both Gengar and Frosslass, a Pokemon with Inner Focus, or three Pokemon with higher speed than Dunsparce, you can pair a Fake Out user and have a 78.8% percent chance to incapacitate two of your opponent's Pokemon on the first turn. Granted, fast things will still outspeed it and kill it but it could become a force to be reconned with.

Also, triple Intimidate is going to completely screw over physical leads.

Edit: Whoops, I thought everyone ignored my first post, oh well. Gear+Plusle+Minun doesn't really acomplish anything. You'd be better off going with something like Gear+Plusle/Minun+Salamence so you can hit hard with something other than Gear. Or, if you want to have another Pokemon with Helping Hand, go with Arcanine to sponge Heat Waves or Intimidate the opponent.

Edit2: Grasswhistle isn't going to be useful on Tsutaja because it's frail so it can't afford to miss. The only thing that could make it remotely useful is Claw Sharpen and that will only give it 73.3 accuracy.

Is anyone else disappointed in the mantis? It has a fucking awesome design and they ruin it with a color scheme of dull lime green, dark gray, and brick red? I hope its shiny form is somewhat decent looking.

Is anyone else disappointed in the mantis? It has a fucking awesome design and they ruin it with a color scheme of dull lime green, dark gray, and brick red? I hope its shiny form is somewhat decent looking.
On closer inspection it's more like a lizard thing with tusks.
But no, I don't find the colours objectionable.

I'm thinking that IS the shiny form. :O

Ok bitches I'm sure I am not the only one so who else thinks the dark Kirlia pokémon is quite familiar? I'm sure I've seen her face somewhere before on the franchise, but where? Any ideas?
Looks more like Meditite or Medicham to me... Just by looking at the face of course.

That green thing looks horrid btw.

I'm thinking that IS the shiny form. :O
When have they ever revealed a Pokemon's shiny form before its normal form (besides Ho-oh in the first episode but that would have been its only form at that time)?

I agree that the 'mantis' looks more like a lizard and the color isn't bad. Atleast it isn't totally lime green like Mamoswine's shiny.

I know I've thought "those aren't Pokemon" for a handful of designs every generation starting with Gold/Silver, and I know I've always gotten used to everything I've thought that about... But even considering my history, I still don't think I can get over a crazy baby covered in ectoplasm in the shape of Gligar, or a thing in a black Christmas-tree-looking dress. The black and red thing just barely gets by looking kind of like Heatran. (I admit I hated Heatran at first too.)

Hope I'm wrong again. Kind of strange that only now they're getting to new Pokemon designs I don't like, since I thought the crocodile, Fire ape, zebra, and two out of three starters were really cool in the same way I always liked Mareep and Lanturn.

I actually see more competitive potential in triple battles than double battles just because having three Pokemon on the field is enough to allow for one of them to be a dedicated gimmick set like Smeargle with Imprison/Explosion/Discharge/Spore, or a starting trio of Intimidate Pokemon, etc. (Even if Gyarados and Salamence don't get any new and better Intimidate partner than Arcanine, that would still be okay for stopping exploding Metagross.) I don't know, obviously better stuff would come up than what I can think of in a couple seconds without knowing the new moves or Pokemon, but I'm just tossing it out there. I wouldn't play competitive triples anyway.

...but what I do definitely think is that single-player can really see a gain from this if they incorporate triple battles (and doubles, for that matter) into the wild, and not just for a couple dungeons like in fourth gen. Fighting all three stages of an evolution line simultaneously would be cool, or just a flock of birds or pack of dogs, so that instead of running into three of the new birds in a row, you run into three of them at once. And if the encounter rate was cut by 65-75% but they added that chance of double and triple battles to compensate on the dungeon run endurance factor, maybe I wouldn't have to use Repels all the time throughout the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)