NBA Season 2009-2010

Colangelo? The same moron who's utterly screwed up everything in Toronto?

Rockets get Brad Miller, and there's rumors that we could cash in some of our players (honestly, we have 15 guranteed contracts, and everyone besides Jeffries and Andersen deserves playing time) for Iggy, with the deal proposed being Ariza+Jeffries+Hill+picks for Iggy and Jason Smith. We do that, I think we're clearly #2.
Let's be fair, the younger one inherited a fairly bad roster from a poor team anyways lol...but I was refering to the elder one though in my last post.

What's wrong with Iggy?

sidebar: here's an interesting question; let's say LeBron goes on to win 8 titles and becomes an all-time great, should the Cavs retire his jersey? What if he utterly chokes in South Beach?

Or maybe they should just retire Jordan's 23 instead 8]
He definitely wont win 8... The league has too much talent for them to win 8 rings, and they really only have 9-10 years so 8 rings in 9-10 years is a bit unrealistic. Either way Lebron wont be the greatest on this team. When its all said and done Wade still 1 ups him in rings and its going to be noted that Lebron went to Wade's city so he could win

What's wrong with Iggy?

sidebar: here's an interesting question; let's say LeBron goes on to win 8 titles and becomes an all-time great, should the Cavs retire his jersey? What if he utterly chokes in South Beach?

Or maybe they should just retire Jordan's 23 instead 8]
He didn't do any of that with Cleveland. Why would they retire him for what he does in Miami? And his legacy in Cleveland is one of cowardice and failure, so, no. Though I think they should retire Jordan, just to mess with LeDouche.

I live 15 minutes from Philadelphia. I've watched Iggy since college both on TV and live. I owned him in a fantasy league.

The Houston Rockets DO NOT want Andre Igoudala. Please Morey, don't make the first mistake of your pristine career.
This is the way I view it.
We are set at the 2 and 5 spots, as we will not be able to get a SG or C better then Yao or Martin at a fair price. Signing Scola for that contract pretty much means we're keeping him around for a while, and he's our 4. We also have if anything, too much depth.

If we intend to upgrade, it has to be at the 1 or 3. Igoudala, as far as I can tell, is the only really good SF or PG at this time that we have any chance of getting, as I don't think Granger nor Melo will be traded anytime soon, and I honestly don't want to enter a massive bidding war for Paul if the Hornets continue to struggle. Furthermore, the Rockets are pretty much heading into tax hell now with the signing of Miller, so his contract to me isn't a significant concern.

Wait wait wait wait

Aaron Brooks and Trevor Ariza are now the weaknesses of this team? Not to mention Kyle Lowry and Shane Battier coming of the bench.

If anything the 2 guard spot is their biggest weakness. Martin is excellent offensively but is an abomination on defense. He possesses neither the strength or the quickness to be an effective defender. He's also hurt A LOT. And the Rockets don't have much depth at that position. And they are most definitely not set at Center. Not with Yao having season ending injuries 3 of the last 4 years.

Still, this is a complete Rockets team. They have the talent, coach and the front office to get it done. Most of their key players are entering into their prime and they have a lot of young talent waiting in the wings. But it starts and ends with Yao. Unfortunately Yao has the laws of Gravity going against him (Yao's feet simply cannot support his body. And there's nothing he can do about it. And it only gets worse as time goes on). The Rockets don't have a big window to win a championship, Yao just won't hold up much longer.

But will Phil continue to be a thorn in Rick's side? Probably.

Iggy played better last season at the 2 than at the 3.

He definitely wont win 8... The league has too much talent for them to win 8 rings, and they really only have 9-10 years so 8 rings in 9-10 years is a bit unrealistic. Either way Lebron wont be the greatest on this team. When its all said and done Wade still 1 ups him in rings and its going to be noted that Lebron went to Wade's city so he could win
lol way to completely ignore the question and harp on an obvious exaggeration. should the cavs retire lebron's jersey?

Iggy played better last season at the 2 than at the 3.

lol way to completely ignore the question and harp on an obvious exaggeration. should the cavs retire lebron's jersey?
There was no need to answer it, he won nothing in Cleveland... You dont retire the jersey of a person who played less than half his career there even if its the team that drafted him. Hes not apart of Cleveland anymore, all he did was make them relevant for a few years and broke their hearts every season

Wait wait wait wait

Aaron Brooks and Trevor Ariza are now the weaknesses of this team? Not to mention Kyle Lowry and Shane Battier coming of the bench.

If anything the 2 guard spot is their biggest weakness. Martin is excellent offensively but is an abomination on defense. He possesses neither the strength or the quickness to be an effective defender. He's also hurt A LOT. And the Rockets don't have much depth at that position. And they are most definitely not set at Center. Not with Yao having season ending injuries 3 of the last 4 years.

Still, this is a complete Rockets team. They have the talent, coach and the front office to get it done. Most of their key players are entering into their prime and they have a lot of young talent waiting in the wings. But it starts and ends with Yao. Unfortunately Yao has the laws of Gravity going against him (Yao's feet simply cannot support his body. And there's nothing he can do about it. And it only gets worse as time goes on). The Rockets don't have a big window to win a championship, Yao just won't hold up much longer.

But will Phil continue to be a thorn in Rick's side? Probably.
The thing about Yao and Martin is this. The Rockets have lots of depth. If they are going to improve from here on out, they need stars, not role players, as we have tons of those.

The way I see it is this: There is possibly one center superior to a healthy Yao. We aren't getting him in a million years.
There are from my perspective three shooting guards that are definitely superior to Martin - Wade, Roy, and Kobe. Johnson might be superior, but I'm not touching his deal with a 10 foot pole, and I can't think of any other shooting guard who is without a doubt better then Martin. And getting one of those three is laughable. I am also not concerned about Martin's injuries at all. Budinger, and heck Taylor (whom Adelman likes a lot for some reason) can take over for a bit when he's injured, and in contrast to Yao, whose left feet is brittle, Martin's injuries are not chronic, but rather a combination of bad luck and a playstyle that is heavily built towards getting contact and drawing fouls. He may miss 20 games this year, but as long he's around in May, I don't care.

There are however, many point guards and many SFs superior to Brooks and Ariza. Therefore, it is that position where we need to upgrade, and Iggy is probably the most realistic choice, as well as someone whom we shouldn't have to gut this team for.

I would avoid Iggy for the simple reason that he is Anti-Clutch. Yeah he may be a bit more flashy than Ariza and yes he can defend the opponent's best player (then again, so can Ariza) but he's a ball hog, can't shoot and makes bad decisions constantly.

Tim Duncan and Dwight are the only two centers I'd take over a healthy Yao.

But like I said, the Rockets have a good team and good chemistry in a good situation. No need to mess anything up. If it doesn't work out, let Yao walk, cut your losses and move on.

Yes Aaron Brooks may not be a top 10 Point Guard but you don't need one to win a championship. The last top 10 point guard to win a ring was Tony Parker and his status back then as a top tier PG before the Spurs got their 3rd ring was very questionable.

Oh and the Rockets have had the most success against the Lakers in the past 3 years. And they've never played a healthy Rockets team.

PG: Chalmers
SG: Wade,Miller (swingman)
SF: James, Jones
PF: Bosh,Haslem,Howard = 18 fouls
C: Anthony,Ilgauskas,Magloire,Pittman = 24 fouls

can you guess where they're weak at yet?

Oh and the Rockets have had the most success against the Lakers in the past 3 years. And they've never played a healthy Rockets team.
That would be due to several factors that don't apply anymore.
1. Pau Gasol hadn't arrived yet or was still transitioning to Triangle offense.
2. Ron Artest was incredibly good at pressuring Kobe and stirring up tensions, too bad he's on the Lakers roster now.
3. The Lakers had utter crap at the guard position on their bench. With Farmar (and possibly Brown) gone, and Steve Blake assuming the position, that won't be an issue anymore.
4. If by success you mean Houston and LA have split regular season games (6-7) over the last four years than sure i suppose thats successful. I won't get into post-season, as last year was the only time in the last four years the Rockets have faced the Lakers in a seven-game series.
5. Throwing up 'injuries' won't cut it. LA has had plenty of injuries to deal with as well.

when assuming lakers, not getting assraped probably counts as success.

anyways, artest was there for one year, shane does most of the kobe guarding and.......blake isn't staying in front of aaron brooks. refer to blazers/rockets series for that.......and.....................gasol is a lot more dominant when the front court is hayes+scola as opposed to yao+scola........

That would be due to several factors that don't apply anymore.
1. Pau Gasol hadn't arrived yet or was still transitioning to Triangle offense.
2. Ron Artest was incredibly good at pressuring Kobe and stirring up tensions, too bad he's on the Lakers roster now.
3. The Lakers had utter crap at the guard position on their bench. With Farmar (and possibly Brown) gone, and Steve Blake assuming the position, that won't be an issue anymore.
4. If by success you mean Houston and LA have split regular season games (6-7) over the last four years than sure i suppose thats successful. I won't get into post-season, as last year was the only time in the last four years the Rockets have faced the Lakers in a seven-game series.
5. Throwing up 'injuries' won't cut it. LA has had plenty of injuries to deal with as well.
I'm not as confident as Hero is, but still:
1. Not relevant in 2009 Playoffs, Gasol was clearly fine.
2. Uh, no. There's a reason the discussion was Battier vs Kobe, not Artest vs Kobe. Artest couldn't guard Kobe, he's too slow for that, so we let Battier do that job.
3. Guess who was the Blazer's starting point guard in their series against the Rockets in 2009? Brooks beat the crap out of Blake too.
4. Don't care, think that point's irrelevant.
5. Comparing the amount of injuries the Lakers have had and the Rockets have had is laughable. Period.

lol because their former best player tmac was hurt for 3 years and their present best player never played a single minute last year.
They were better without T-Mac... Theres a reason T-Mac has never made it past the first round and I dont think its because hes been injured a few years

Chris Paul to the Thunder, come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. (Actually a feasible trade, although getting back Westbrook might be problematic for the Hornets wanting to make Collinson #1 if they want to do that)

Chris Paul to the Thunder, come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. (Actually a feasible trade, although getting back Westbrook might be problematic for the Hornets wanting to make Collinson #1 if they want to do that)
That would be nice, but I doubt they would do that since Westbrook has shown signs of being a top 5-10 PG in the league, and they'd have to give up more than Westbrook to get Paul back.

Anyway, LA signs Barnes and Ratliff which pretty much completes a very good offseason for LA. The only problem is theres only 2 spots left on the roster, which means either Ebanks, the other rookie who did very well, or Shannon Brown are not going to make the roster

not really. they'd have to unload a shit ton, and they don't really have much young assets outside of the big 3 and chalmers.
It was more of a joke post lol and regardless I doubt they would have the room without possibly going over the hard cap to even make an attempt at it

OKC Trade for CP3 would look something like this plus 2 first round picks according to Bill Simmons. Looks feasible.

Other suggested trades by Simmons include

Orlando
Portland (Plus Picks and Money)
Houston
"plus New York's pick in 2011 or 2012 and $3 million, with the caveat that New Orleans buys out Yao and he re-signs with Houston"
and
New York

lol Knicks have to give up their entire roster. And they wouldn't think twice about doing it either.

Well, D'Antoni needs a Nash-esq PG to run his offense with the Knicks, and wasn't CP3 considered mini-Nash not that long ago?

Besides, it's not like the Knicks really even have a roster besides Stoudmire at this point...

Mmm...nah...Nash > CP3. Nash makes the Suns tick, even now...Hornets have just gone downhill since that one season. Granted, Hornets have also been trading away talent for a while, but still...

Also loling at whatever yahoo article I read the other day for faulting CP3's character for not wanting to be what...the Tim Duncan of his generation? Fuck Tim Duncan as far as I'm concerned, I don't blame CP3 for wanting to be traded to a better team. At least the Spurs built a great team around Duncan to win championships (as much as a bunch of rotten cheaters I think the Spurs are), you can hardly say the Hornets have done that for CP3.

I don't deny though that Lebron has some very evil promotors/agents/whatever buddies with him though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)