NBA Season 2009-2010

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It starts this October and off season is practically finished. The pre-season games start today, we can discuss the games here. We can discuss player improvements, potential super stars and whatnot.

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Out of all the teams Suns?! Well anyways, Raptors vs Sixers tonight 7:30 folks. Demar Derozan.

I posted in the offseason thread about wanting to see the results of Mavs vs Magic. Magic won by 5 but Mavs didn't have Marion or Howard.

franky

Sonny Weems folks, watch out for him. Raptors may have lost, but Sonny Weems just showed somethin'

Out of all the teams Suns?! Well anyways, Raptors vs Sixers tonight 7:30 folks. Demar Derozan.
Demar Derozan failed, unfortunately. Sonny Weems was nice, but I'm not going to judge that performance because our two main people were out. Even then, Bargnani picked up a lot of offensive slack, so I think that by the time the season rolls around, our offense should be nice. Our defense was surprisingly decent, glad to see that the training camp helped (kinda).

One offensive play that really impressed me was when DeRozan and Weems were on the break and it was 2 on 2, and DeRozan flipped it back to Weems, who rolled it in lefty. If they're ever on the floor at the same time, Calderon better not miss one of them because they both look crazy on the break.

Once again, the Western Conference is tough as hell and it's going to be difficult to decide who comes out of there. I know alot of people will say the Lakers because of the Kobe bandwagon, but I'm going to be bolder and say the Spurs come out of it this year. 3:

franky

Once again, the Western Conference is tough as hell and it's going to be difficult to decide who comes out of there. I know alot of people will say the Lakers because of the Kobe bandwagon, but I'm going to be bolder and say the Spurs come out of it this year. 3:
East has fortified this year, I would say that its even here.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Wh00t. Go LAKERS! Rockin' the Championship!
Sorry to question whether you are a bandwagoner or not, but how in the fuck are you such an adamant fan of New York teams in every other sport (Yankees iirc and Giants) but not in basketball. To me it just looks like you're suporting only the big clubs..

Anyway on the note of Raptors/Sixers, I didnt watch it but how did Jrue Holiday play? Aside from the Lakers repeating and Patty Mills getting on the floor, Holiday's progression this season is something I'm really looking forward to watch :)

Stallion, actually the big problem is that my favorite player, Kobe Bryant is on the Lakers. Otherwise, I honestly wouldn't care. It's because of him that I'm rooting for the Lakers. If he came to NY, then I'd root for the Nets or the Knicks. But sadly he's out West. I think that if Lebron or Shaq, who was it that said that they might come to NY?, were to come to NY, then I'd root for the NY teams since they have a chance.

franky

Stallion, actually the big problem is that my favorite player, Kobe Bryant is on the Lakers. Otherwise, I honestly wouldn't care. It's because of him that I'm rooting for the Lakers. If he came to NY, then I'd root for the Nets or the Knicks. But sadly he's out West. I think that if Lebron or Shaq, who was it that said that they might come to NY?, were to come to NY, then I'd root for the NY teams since they have a chance.
I never heard of this before.

Well, I'm a mixed bag, it's hard for me to pick, so I go with my favorite player, but if a decent player comes to NY than I'm rooting for NY.

Die-hard Rockets fan say we'll still make the playoffs even after all the crap we've been through.
As for preseason, Brooks has been fine, Scola has been fine, Landry has been terrific, Ariza has left me scratching his head (1 for 11 against Boston and 1 for 6 against Orlando? Really?) but I'm sure he'll get especially when Tracy returns and how in God's name did Chase Budinger drop to 45th? Total steal for Morey.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Rockets are like a piece of gum on your shoe: won't ruin your day (championship hopes) but are really annoying (make the playoffs and play really tough).

franky

No matter how hard you believe it, the Rockets will never win rings with Yao / McGrady as your 2-punch combo. They need to trade one of them and yet they haven't.

c's

i see the celtics winning it all and so no one questions it, i have always liked the celtics even when they sucked(before they got garnett and allen) now with pierce allen garnett rondo and the newest addition rasheed wallace i can see the celtics going all the way

i see the celtics winning it all and so no one questions it, i have always liked the celtics even when they sucked(before they got garnett and allen) now with pierce allen garnett rondo and the newest addition rasheed wallace i can see the celtics going all the way
Well, with a fairly large increase in competition in the East, I don't see the Celtics going as far as the finals. Sure, they'll make the playoffs led by the savvy veterans on the team, but they'll gey knocked out before making any noise.

No matter how hard you believe it, the Rockets will never win rings with Yao / McGrady as your 2-punch combo. They need to trade one of them and yet they haven't.
*shrugs*
I actually don't think we should trade anyone, even though I know Yao/McGrady won't win anything alone. Yao won't be traded for obvious reasons (and if we're lucky, it's possible that he doesn't execute his player's option next year and resigns to a better contract so we can get a new elite player like Duncan did), and it's better to take a look at McGrady and see how he plays this season as he seems determined. If he plays well, re-sign him for a much cheaper contract, and use the rest of the extra money to resign Scola and other stuff. If he plays like crap, then throw him out at the end of the year. We won't be winning anything anyways this year, so just wait and see.

@kevin: I give the Celtics absolutely no chance, as being a Rockets fan naturally makes you incredibly skeptical of "they'll kill everyone if they're healthy" which is what I'm seeing with Boston. Sheed is from my perspective just as bad as Iverson, as a whiny loser who utterly quit on Detroit last year, and I'm always puzzled as to why people attacked AI so hard and not him. I'm going with Cleveland in the East in the end, though it could be Orlando depending on Shaq.

The standings in the East really depend on four or five main things.

• If Shaq works in Cleveland
  • If Vince works in Orlando
  • If Hedo works in Toronto
  • If Gilbert Arenas is really back
  • If Kevin Garnett can stay alive

Well being from Puerto Rico I am quiet excited for Arroyo! He gets to play in a place were there are a good number of Puerto Ricans (similar to Orlando), and is an upgrade over Chris Quinn. Mario Chalmers will probably still start though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)