Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

x0.25:

x0.50:

x1.00:

x2.00:

x0.25:

x0.50:

x1.00:

x2.00:
If we take away common resistances, we get the following.

x0.25:

x0.50:

x1.00:

x2.00:

x0.25:

x0.50:

x1.00:

x2.00:
Overall I am more impressed by Zekrom's resistances because it resists the main attacks of both Kyogre and Ho-Oh, two extremely heavy hitters in Ubers. Also, it has STAB Thunder to hit both with. The I don't see the grass and fire resistances to mean as much as a x.25 Electric resist with all the Thunders that are flying around Ubers. Only one of the things that Zekrom is neutral to is somewhat used (rock) and even that isn't all too common. Reshiram being neutral to common moves like Water and Ice will not help it. However, that being said, Zekrom's weakness to Ice is more easily exploited than Reshiram's weakness to rock. This is all assuming that the metagame stays relatively the same.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Finally someone else! :D
What' neat is, they made Zekrom physical (or I hope so) to break special walls next to Kyogre, and Reshiram special to break physical walls alongside Groudon. Kewl IMO ^_^
Interesting observation, I'd never thought of it this way, but that's exactly how things are shaping up. Almost like GF designed them to be teammates from the start!

Did someone just insult Reshiram already in this new thread?

[Epic Reshiram pic]

Now with that done... I'm still hoping a bit that Wild Bolt gets spread decently to Electric 'mons like Electivire and Luxray, just so they have some sort of good STAB outside ThunderPunch and Spark, respectively.

And also, Sun needs a boost to be less shafted by Rain. I thought the Sun was supposed to be nice, and cool, not just... Meh. At least give Grass types a boost in some stat, perhaps?
A lot of people have the complaint that Sun is weaker than Rain, but both have similar effects: They both boost their respective type's attack power, weaken the other, change Thunder, Solarbeam, Morning Sun and others, and have Abilities specifically designed to abuse that weather.

The only thing keeping Sun down is that no Fire-types themselves have an ability that abuses the sun - whereas there are tons of Swift-swimmers. Maybe we just need the ability Solar Power to be distributed to Fire-types, or a whole new ability to be created that uses the Sun for a boost... that would balance out the weather and make Sun teams more viable.

If we take away common resistances, we get the following.

Overall I am more impressed by Zekrom's resistances because it resists the main attacks of both Kyogre and Ho-Oh, two extremely heavy hitters in Ubers. Also, it has STAB Thunder to hit both with. The I don't see the grass and fire resistances to mean as much as a x.25 Electric resist with all the Thunders that are flying around Ubers. Only one of the things that Zekrom is neutral to is somewhat used (rock) and even that isn't all too common. Reshiram being neutral to common moves like Water and Ice will not help it. However, that being said, Zekrom's weakness to Ice is more easily exploited than Reshiram's weakness to rock. This is all assuming that the metagame stays relatively the same.
Reshiram resists Ice and Fire better than Zekrom, which are really overused in ubers.
Edit: oh, and it resists bug, which devastates a lot of the uber tier.

Interesting observation, I'd never thought of it this way, but that's exactly how things are shaping up. Almost like GF designed them to be teammates from the start!

A lot of people have the complaint that Sun is weaker than Rain, but both have similar effects: They both boost their respective type's attack power, weaken the other, change Thunder, Solarbeam, Morning Sun and others, and have Abilities specifically designed to abuse that weather.

The only thing keeping Sun down is that no Fire-types themselves have an ability that abuses the sun - whereas there are tons of Swift-swimmers. Maybe we just need the ability Solar Power to be distributed to Fire-types, or a whole new ability to be created that uses the Sun for a boost... that would balance out the weather and make Sun teams more viable.
Thanks ^_^
I think that GF did mean to make them Groudon and Kyogre partners, lol. And I think that fire types do need some type of Chlorophyll ability

Well, with Sun you already have a boost to fire moves and certain abilities with grass types can gain boosts such as speed or attacking stats. On the gimicky side, you have the one turn attack for Solar Beam. However, I think it would be nice if all grass types received a small boost of some sort (such as HP recovers considering grass heavily depends on sunlight.) I'd say give them a boost in the rain too, but they already have that in the that they're not as weak to fire moves now. I highly doubt GF ever does this but it's just my idea.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reshiram resists Ice and Fire better than Zekrom, which are really overused in ubers.
Edit: oh, and it resists bug, which devastates a lot of the uber tier.
Bug is not really used in the Uber tier that much. Only pokemon who normally use it are Scizor and Jirachi, both who only use U-Turn. Fire is not overused either, it is mainly there to deal with Forretress and Scizor. You are more likely to see people spamming Thunder than Fire Blast. The only poke who uses a Fire move mainly is Ho-Oh. Although the fact that Reshiram is neutral to ice is a big plus for it, that I cannot deny. I am just saying that personally I do not think that it outweighs some very helpful resistances that Zekrom has.

Well, with Sun you already have a boost to fire moves and certain abilities with grass types can gain boosts such as speed or attacking stats. On the gimicky side, you have the one turn attack for Solar Beam. However, I think it would be nice if all grass types received a small boost of some sort (such as HP recovers considering grass heavily depends on sunlight.) I'd say give them a boost in the rain too, but they already have that in the that they're not as weak to fire moves now. I highly doubt GF ever does this but it's just my idea.
Recovering HP is great, but fire types need more boost in sun. Also, what about some type of Hydration ability for grass types, but only in the rain?

Bug is not really used in the Uber tier that much. Only pokemon who normally use it are Scizor and Jirachi, both who only use U-Turn. Fire is not overused either, it is mainly there to deal with Forretress and Scizor. You are more likely to see people spamming Thunder than Fire Blast. The only poke who uses a Fire move mainly is Ho-Oh. Although the fact that Reshiram is neutral to ice is a big plus for it, that I cannot deny. I am just saying that personally I do not think that it outweighs some very helpful resistances that Zekrom has.
What I meant is that you see a lot of Fire attacks being overused in the sun, which Reshiram can counter with ease. And also, if you bring a scarfed fast Bug Buzzer or such (I've swept a Latios, Latias, and Cress with my Scyther), then a lot of Psychic types in ubers will struggle to take it down. It'll cause them to have a fire move to take it down, which Reshiram can resist, like stated above. See my point?

Did someone just insult Reshiram already in this new thread?

Now with that done... I'm still hoping a bit that Wild Bolt gets spread decently to Electric 'mons like Electivire and Luxray, just so they have some sort of good STAB outside ThunderPunch and Spark, respectively.

And also, Sun needs a boost to be less shafted by Rain. I thought the Sun was supposed to be nice, and cool, not just... Meh. At least give Grass types a boost in some stat, perhaps?
still look like a oversized white turbo chicken to me. besides that i agree with everything you said mingy. the sun could you know, also boost they special atack?

Daym Ming Ming, that's EPIC. And wasn't wild bolt special? Not physical?
I think sun should boos at least attack or special attack for grass/fire types :D
I don't think it was ever said what spectrum Wild Bolt hits on. I'm just hoping Physical because I think it appears that Shimama's tacking its opponent, rather than firing off a bolt of electricity.

That's pretty fair. For 4 gens now, Sun seems to get the short end of the stick to competitive viability. It also does not help that most Chlorophyll users are pretty meh when Sun is gone (Exeggutor and Tangrowth, anyone?)

still look like a oversized white turbo chicken to me. besides that i agree with everything you said mingy. the sun could you know, also boost they special atack?
At least that, sure. But even then, it'd seem different from Rain, thinking about it now... Mm, quite troublesome, honestly. + At least call Reshiram an angelic chicken. Colonel Sanders has yet to obtain one! :D

i refuse to call this
a angelic chicken.

i guess gamefreak just dont like the sun, they are probably fat guys sitting on the chair talking about the best possible ways to ruin the metagame. and so they stay most of the time on the dark, since the sun is not dark they pick the rain over the sun. to put it short they just wanted to make the rain more powerful then the sun, just like dragon>poison.

Shroomisaur

Now I don't get this - Water types don't get a boost to any stats when it's raining. Why should Fire-types get not ONLY double STAB, but +1 SpA when it's sunny? That would just be overpowered.

Like I said, they should just distribute Solar Power more (which gives, guess what, the SpA boost you're talking about).

And regarding Wild Bolt - I doubt it's physical, because it deals recoil, and then it'd be identical to Volt Tackle (although it's not below GF to make identical moves with different names...) Unless it's like an Electric Submission or Take Down... that would be terrible.

EDIT: lol @ KFC. And also, I've managed to regain 100 posts... yay?

Like I said, they should just distribute Solar Power more (which gives, guess what, the SpA boost you're talking about).

And regarding Wild Bolt - I doubt it's physical, because it deals recoil, and then it'd be identical to Volt Tackle (although it's not below GF to make identical moves with different names...) Unless it's like an Electric Submission or Take Down... that would be terrible.
Solar Power is pretty cool, though I was sort of mind-boggled by how Sunflora and Tropius of all things got them (Seriously, I like how they cool, but their stats...)

And an Electric Submission would be a step in the right direction, wouldn't it? I mean, at least in Luxray's case, it's better than a 65 Base Power move...

i am saying grass types should get the special atack boost on sun, not fire types. solar power+specs+special atack boost+STAB solarbeam coming from base *insert big number here*=2hko the entire metagame.

Grass and Fire Pokemon with Chlorophyll (and possibly Flash Fire). Edit: Chlorophyll could work too but it would have to switch in a lot and it would require Rapid Spin/Wish support. It has a pretty good STAB combination that is only resisted by Fires, Dragons, and a few others. It's only weak to Flying, Poison, and Rock, the former two are rarely seen as attacking types and the latter is really only relevant to SR because Rock-types not named Aerodactyl will get hit with a STAB Grass attack before getting the chance to attack. Ground and Fighting-types will also most likely be ousped and hit hard.

It would be best as a mixed sweeper because, IMO, one of the biggest things holding Sun back is a lack of good mixed sweepers. Kingdra fills this role quite well for Rain and Ludicullo can pull off a mixed set as well.

What I meant is that you see a lot of Fire attacks being overused in the sun, which Reshiram can counter with ease. And also, if you bring a scarfed fast Bug Buzzer or such (I've swept a Latios, Latias, and Cress with my Scyther), then a lot of Psychic types in ubers will struggle to take it down. It'll cause them to have a fire move to take it down, which Reshiram can resist, like stated above. See my point?

You don't NEED a fire move, Scyther rolls over and dies to electric/ice/STAB uber attack. Electric is better then fire because so much can switch into fire in Ubers while Electric hits alot of them for neutral (hell off the top of my head only Groudon, Dialga and Giratina resist electric) while alot is hit super or normaly effective with electric. And again, the stealth rock weakness really sucks.

i refuse to call this
a angelic chicken.

i guess gamefreak just dont like the sun, they are probably fat guys sitting on the chair talking about the best possible ways to ruin the metagame. and so they stay most of the time on the dark, since the sun is not dark they pick the rain over the sun. to put it short they just wanted to make the rain more powerful then the sun, just like dragon>poison.
I still hope they do something with sun, like you said boosting Sp.Atk by +1, but physical attacker woudn't enjoy that. And of course, there's the fat pink beast of Blissey to counter all the special attackers then.
LOL, at least it's yummy :3 Unlike Zekrom, ha
@Shroomisaur- Well, rain has more effects than sun IMO

You don't NEED a fire move, Scyther rolls over and dies to electric/ice/STAB uber attack. Electric is better then fire because so much can switch into fire in Ubers while Electric hits alot of them for neutral (hell off the top of my head only Groudon, Dialga and Giratina resist electric) while alot is hit super or normaly effective with electric. And again, the stealth rock weakness really sucks.
Yeah, SR weakness sucks. But even the Ice and electric type weakness is resited by Reshiram, and that angelic beast (@Lucalibur- NO not chicken -.- xD) looks like it has a hellaofaton SP. Defense, which makes it resist Ice/Electric even better.

Shroomisaur

Solar Power is pretty cool, though I was sort of mind-boggled by how Sunflora and Tropius of all things got them (Seriously, I like how they cool, but their stats...)

And an Electric Submission would be a step in the right direction, wouldn't it? I mean, at least in Luxray's case, it's better than a 65 Base Power move...
*sigh*... don't get me started on a Luxray rant. When Spark is your best physical STAB, something's wrong. At least it's SpA is good enough to run TBolt :/

Yes, I suppose an attack like that would be an improvement on what we have... but Submission and Take Down are terrible, I'd say even worse than Spark with their 80/85 accuracy AND recoil! I hope we get a much better selection of physical Electric moves, special Rock moves, and Priority for all the types that lack it now.

About the sun: Lucalibur, I still don't see a SpA boost happening, even for grass types - imagine Exeggutor with +2 Speed and +1 SpA with 1 turn setup. Awesome! ...but broken. (that is so much fun just to think about!)

Oh, and Ming-Ming, Tropius definitely needs an evo... HE is the one who should become Grass/Dragon, if anyone. Grass/Dragon with Chlorophyll and Solar Power! ...gonna throw that out there.

cause kabutops, omastar amd kingdra are totally not broken in rain. or rather. ON INFINITE RAIN!

tropius evo would be nice, i dont like the 4X ice weakness and SR weakness but i can see a dragon/grass evo happening, not only it fix the SR weakness but also get rid of the fire one, it does keep the 4X ice one though. plus you become weak to dragon moves, on the other hand you 4x resist eletric and water what IMO is awesomesauce.

also dont try to play fool with me kiddo, oversized white chicken is oversized white chicken. the fact he fart fire at the speed of sound can add to his awesome value for all i care, still a damn chicken.

*sigh*... don't get me started on a Luxray rant. When Spark is your best physical STAB, something's wrong. At least it's SpA is good enough to run TBolt :/

Yes, I suppose an attack like that would be an improvement on what we have... but Submission and Take Down are terrible, I'd say even worse than Spark with their 80/85 accuracy AND recoil! I hope we get a much better selection of physical Electric moves, special Rock moves, and Priority for all the types that lack it now.

About the sun: Lucalibur, I still don't see a SpA boost happening, even for grass types - imagine Exeggutor with +2 Speed and +1 SpA with 1 turn setup. Awesome! ...but broken. (that is so much fun just to think about!)

Oh, and Ming-Ming, Tropius definitely needs an evo... HE is the one who should become Grass/Dragon, if anyone. Grass/Dragon with Chlorophyll and Solar Power! ...gonna throw that out there.
I agree with you in everything.. except the priority moves.. I mean, don't you hate it when a +4 Luke sweeps your team using JUST extremespeed? -.-'
And though it may sound broken, that's the case in RD.. +2 Speed +2 Kabutops with SD, and almost none of the Chlorophyll pokemon can boost their stats.. I believe the only one is Tangrowth with SD?

cause kabutops, omastar amd kingdra are totally not broken in rain. or rather. ON INFINITE RAIN!

tropius evo would be nice, i dont like the 4X ice weakness and SR weakness but i can see a dragon/grass evo happening, not only it fix the SR weakness but also get rid of the fire one, it does keep the 4X ice one though. plus you become weak to dragon moves, on the other hand you 4x resist eletric and water what IMO is awesomesauce.

also dont try to play fool with me kiddo, oversized white chicken is oversized white chicken. the fact he fart fire at the speed of sound can add to his awesome value for all i care, still a damn chicken.
Tropius evo would be sick with part Dragon, just watching out for Ice Shard there. I think that if Tsutaja evolved into a Grass/Dragon, it would be used a bit more than that evoltuion, even though it lacks Chlorophyll/Solar Power.
And yeah, fine, you win, he's a freaking chicken -___-' Ming Ming, help me out here xD

Well they could just give Luxray an 80 Base Power Physical Electric priority move that makes it so that any move used after it will always hit the user. It would solve its mediocre speed problem and bad Physical STAB move at the same time.

that guy above me said:
you cant have both clorophyll and solar power, but he definatley needs an evo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)