Not open for further replies.

andrea

/me cresselias
GOOOOOOO HUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <333333333333333333333333333333

Take worlds. You can do it. =) =D =D =D <3 <3 <3 ^_^_^_^ <3 <3

I loves your team. Entirely too much. <3

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After finding out which of his teams Huy is using, I agree with Andrea. I am so glad you decided to go with that one.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
First Round : criticals, freeze, Spatial Rend miss and 4 turns of full paralysis in a row against a lone Cresselia with 30% HP
Third Round : freezes...
Fourth Round : Speed Tie between Scarf Ogre and Scarf Giratina
He disappears first, and reappears second three times in a row
When I finally go second after his reappearance, he criticals me lol
And also some other decisive critical hits

YAY -_-

Anyway, good luck to every Smogoner who made it to the Top 8, especially to Deagle ;)

Haha don't worry I was dramatising it all. The only things I didn't exaggerate were how I feel about the fact it was even possible and how my opponent was stalling on purpose to make me think there were actually decisions being made... that's piss poor.

But today was a blast despite not competing. I've taken tons of photos (so much so I ran my battery out and can't take photos in Los Angeles next week, oh well) and will probably write less so a warstory but more an account of being here. And thinking of piss, you all should be aware of what happened during the dive-in movie. This kid stood up in front of me and just started peeing in his swimming shorts at the side of the pool, with toilets about 10 seconds' walk away. And then he wrapped himself up in 5 towels he just found on other people's sunbeds, stood in his pee puddle, and sat down in the pee-soaked towels. What the fuck.

And hey Froggy you should've seen what happened to Ray in his round 6 battle vs. the 6-0 Japanese guy. In the first turn Ray's Groudon double missed with its rock slide and then Cresselia was hit by a critting, paralysing thunder in the sun followed by a flinching air slash. First turn.

With worlds being played on GMT -11 (as I remeber reading) isn't really great, as I only see results in the next morning :P ...

Good luck to those playing in the finals. Shame no european is there, but maybe next year. Going to watch the battles now.

Ho-oh rides again! Good luck to everyone tomorrow. :D

I love the expressions on the two kids on the right.

And thinking of piss, you all should be aware of what happened during the dive-in movie. This kid stood up in front of me and just started peeing in his swimming shorts at the side of the pool, with toilets about 10 seconds' walk away. And then he wrapped himself up in 5 towels he just found on other people's sunbeds, stood in his pee puddle, and sat down in the pee-soaked towels. What the fuck.
Haha what

I've heard through the grapevine that the Japanese community is concentrated around a handful of smaller groups and that there's no real monolithic competitive entity for the Japanese like Smogon is for the English community. Dunno how accurate that is though.

congrats to everyone who made it top 8 looks like a revival from last year with Smogon vs Japan lol..hope that smgon get this time the better End.

Also too bad for Europe, we had a good start but then we end still at the middle of the field...specially congrats to kedavra you made the best german result on the VGC since its existance with a nice comeback after 0-2..too bad that you couldnt make it on with the last match ...;D

Whoever wins, it is fantastic to have legendary players battling it out in this top 8, Japanese have not dissappointed and again show even with us with a simulator that they are up there with the best.

I wish everyone good luck for tommorow, although Huy owes me a win considering his random facebook message to me.

Oh and it's 13:15 here, I said what I said last night about the US Champion at about 5am, was very out of character for me to flame like that to be honest so an apology for that. The best bit about it I think is that I got an infraction from Huy, of all people.

Best of luck to everyone tommorow, stream ftw!

Just want to wish smogon and huy the best for making it to worlds. I saw you guys at nationals (met some too) and thought you guys were awesome. good luck!

oh yea, will anyone be streaming the event from waikoloa today?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
GOOOOOOO HUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <333333333333333333333333333333

Take worlds. You can do it. =) =D =D =D <3 <3 <3 ^_^_^_^ <3 <3

I loves your team. Entirely too much. <3
73.5% Opponenet's win percentage. I'm the best.
Yes. That.
Which one was KOed? DJDarkness is one of my catches. How's the player doing in the tournament?

Edit: Hrm, it guess it was DJDarkness. :-(
No no man! Hahahahahaha DJDarkness is the one that Crit'd the other Giratina with Sadow Sneak for the win. It was seriously the most epic upset I've ever seen in Pokemon. You can't possibly plan for crits like that. It's just mind blowing. We were all watching it live (thanks again DrFidget) and we were all like "Whulp, Milan lost this one..." and then...

CRITICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo

I've heard through the grapevine that the Japanese community is concentrated around a handful of smaller groups and that there's no real monolithic competitive entity for the Japanese like Smogon is for the English community. Dunno how accurate that is though.
I've heard similar things, and it reminds me how fortuitous we are to have smogon, current weak VGC coverage/support or no. I don't want to go all e-historian, but six or seven years ago we were damn spread out ourselves(even more so 10 years ago) between various websites, from general monstrosities like GameFAQs and IGN to smaller Pokemon specific sites; we were spread even among simulators later with the "rivalry" between NB and the bots until we switched over for the better interface. Things are kinda spreading out again, but the size of Smogon has been great for communication. If nothing else, everyone at least has an account here, and we all play on the same sims(which is spreading us again too...) and servers... we have a bunch of different banners, but when it comes down to it these events make it pretty obvious we're really all part of the same community here with the whole English speaking community Smogon seems to have come to represent.

It is probably the sims that unite us more than anything, but even with all our reps being [USA] the community extends to most of the English speaking world, I think - to Canada and the Brits, obviously, but also to France and Germany and Latin America and all the other countries we have representatives from. I'm a big fan of the idea that you get better by playing better opponents, and frankly our rivalries probably help us there(and Pokemon is probably always going to be too cliquey to avoid them anyway).

I think the reason I'm rambling is just to say I think these events give interesting perspective... I'm sure we'll all be at each other's throats by Nats '11 again, but now is a good time to remember that when it comes down to it we're all on the same team. That's why the country is listed, eh? It'd be huge for that cumulative community if any of the four won, I think. We're all rooting for all four of you.

Whoever wins, it is fantastic to have legendary players battling it out in this top 8, Japanese have not dissappointed and again show even with us with a simulator that they are up there with the best.

I wish everyone good luck for tommorow, although Huy owes me a win considering his random facebook message to me.

Oh and it's 13:15 here, I said what I said last night about the US Champion at about 5am, was very out of character for me to flame like that to be honest so an apology for that. The best bit about it I think is that I got an infraction from Huy, of all people.

Best of luck to everyone tommorow, stream ftw!
I actully dont think you need to appoligise, I agreed with you on most points. Just you had the balls to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)