Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KOing Desukan isn't necessary :)
Yeah, the only problem is that... they might... switch...

But if you switch after their first hit on Deathkan, then it's not very likely that they'll switch on that turn, as they'll want to keep orking on killing Deathkan so that he won't be able to Mummify anything else. And once Slaking is in, they can't keep him from getting Mummy.

I only wish that Regigigas could learn Pursuit.

Wait a minute.
What was the point of the odd anime-esque commercial? Sunday never went into that style at all, even though it was being advertised as such throughout.

I've vowed to never look at another spoiler for Black and White again, even though it's already too late, and my asshole 'friend' keeps spoiling as much as possible (Shiki evo, afro bull, puppy and a poke ball mushroom). I'll just have to shame him into feeling like a horrible person.

The only problem with all of this Slaking Mummy murder is that as soon as someone uses a priority move or is faster, it goes straight back to having Truant.

It just dawned on me that Mummy gives Desukaan a small countermeasure against Meguroko's Overconfidence + STAB Pursuit combo.
Meguroko can Pursuit Desukaan but then it won't get the KO boost if Mummy kicks in first (which I suspect it does).

If people goona run that coffin thing ima run Slaking just incase lol, even though a smart person would switch the coffin out.
The coffin thing must be using non-Ghost moves that hit for contact for this to work. I'd personally run no direct contact moves on this thing assuming it has bulk. Will-o-Wisp and Special type attacks. That way you can never pass on Mummy unintentionally.

Personally, I see Mummy as a switch in pokemon.

Oh maybe have Zoroark with the Mummy to scare priority leads!

The only problem with all of this Slaking Mummy murder is that as soon as someone uses a priority move or is faster, it goes straight back to having Truant.
Why would that be the case? Scizor uses Bullet Punch on Desukan, Scizor gets Mummy > Technician. Desukan switches to Slaking, Scizor uses Bullet Punch, Slaking gets Mummy > Truant, but Scizor keeps Mummy. It's viral; not just an ability that switches.

How do you figure?

Mummy doesn't swap the abilites. The opponent's Ability becomes Mummy when they make contact. So, when something hits Deathkan, both Deathkan and the thing that touched it now have Mummy. Plain and simple. It doesn't change hands, it spreads.

At least, that's what I heard; is there some sort of official wording for Mummy out there somewhere?

edit: Ninja'd.

hey, Blasphemy, is it true that Deathkan can proactively spread the ability by hitting stuff physically, or do people have to hit him?

Why would that be the case? Scizor uses Bullet Punch on Desukan, Scizor gets Mummy > Technician. Desukan switches to Slaking, Scizor uses Bullet Punch, Slaking gets Mummy > Truant, but Scizor keeps Mummy. It's viral; not just an ability that switches.
Wouldn't Slaking have to hit Scizor, not vice-versa?

That's how it works as far as I know.

Which is why I prescribe Slaking with Pursuit. Unless they can OHKO Slaking, he'll hit them and gain Mummy, since Pursuit will hit them (physically) even if they switch.

Any guesses on the Steel-Rock-Grass/Fighting legendary trio? The types are too specific to be just generic "guardians" like the pixies. Maybe something more like the Regis?

No matter how many times I look at Desukan and read its ability, Weegee keeps popping up in my head.
You're a son of a bitch prince. I read your sig and said shit :p

man, I really like that dragon and I just feel like it'll be banned. Might as well abuse it asap. What exactly does mold breaker do again?

That's how it works as far as I know.

Which is why I prescribe Slaking with Pursuit. Unless they can OHKO Slaking, he'll hit them and gain Mummy, since Pursuit will hit them (physically) even if they switch.
Oops yeah Slaking has to hit them, though it has the defenses to take a CB Bullet Punch w/out Technician, so it can afford to Pursuit Scizor (even if it stays in); 24.5% - 28.8%. It does have access to Slack Off after all, although that only leaves you with one move (Pursuit + Slack Off + Return). Basically, you have to pick whether you want to be walled by Skarmory or Heatran (Fire Punch vs. Earthquake). Still seems gimmicky and unreliable, though.

Here's a thought, what do you actually plan on killing with a non-STAB, non-Choice Band Pusuit? Physical Ghosts and Psychics could work but without an SE hit or an extremely weakened Pokemon, it's not going to kill anything. Also, we don't even know if Mummy always activates or if it has a chance to do it like Static.

Edit: @Blasphemy: You could just run a Fighting move to take out Heatran (Slaking has insane Atk) and hit Skarmory neutrally.

Slaking doesn't really need to run Slack Off since he only takes 25-29% from CB Scizor's Bullet Punch. And if you know Slaking is running a set of something like Pursuit/Fire Punch/Earthquake/Return, then I don't think Scizor is staying in. He also doesn't really need a Life Orb since his attack is so massive anyways and you can give him leftovers for extra help.

Any guesses on the Steel-Rock-Grass/Fighting legendary trio? The types are too specific to be just generic "guardians" like the pixies. Maybe something more like the Regis?
I believe Melkor said they were going to be horses. Not 100% though

Here's a thought, what do you actually plan on killing with a non-STAB, non-Choice Band Pusuit? Physical Ghosts and Psychics could work but without an SE hit or an extremely weakened Pokemon, it's not going to kill anything. Also, we don't even know if Mummy always activates or if it has a chance to do it like Static.

Edit: @Blasphemy: You could just run a Fighting move to take out Heatran (Slaking has insane Atk) and hit Skarmory neutrally.
I'm not planning on killing anything with it.(Unless I run into a Ghost or Psychic, of course). The point of Pursuit is for Slaking to hit something and get Mummy (if, in fact, it's a sure thing; dunno yet). The reason I chose Pursuit is because it hits the enemy even if they switch, and switching is the biggest obstacle to making this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)