Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hmm, I'm wondering, why can't I get spreads which has a "flawless IVs" on RNG Reporter? Can some RNG veterans tell me how to find a spread with flawless IVs, or to make the Pokemon flawless even if it's spread is not flawless? Anyway, I'm just testing this for RNGing in the future. Thanks! :)

Use PokeRNGDP. If you're going for Shiny and Flawless via catching at the same time, your ID/SID should be made for Shiny-ness and Flawless-ness.

Quick Question Guys: I am trying to rng for Lugia in soul silver and i use elm to verify my seed and joey to advance the frames and the phone does not work inside lugia's cave? do i verify the seed and advance just outside Lugia's cave and then go to him???

Thanks in advance

If I RNG a Pokemon, for example Movie 13 Celebi, that has been obtained using a hacked Wondercard (that does NOT affect the Pokemon's IV's and Nature in any way), is it legal? (So it passes any legal checkers and can be used in tournaments etc)

If I RNG a Pokemon, for example Movie 13 Celebi, that has been obtained using a hacked Wondercard (that does NOT affect the Pokemon's IV's and Nature in any way), is it legal? (So it passes any legal checkers and can be used in tournaments etc)
Most people consider this as an allowed method of RNGing wondercard Pokemon.

So you should be fine :) Although you should state whether or not you've used a 'hacked' wondercard.

RedSpyda: Yes, you can do this several ways. The most common way is to verify and advance your delay/frame outside of the cave and then walk to Lugia. This "might" not work the first time as you're walking a couple of steps to Lugia but will always work the second time as you've already calibrated your results from the first, ie found out how many frames were advanced from walking to Lugia.

Another way to go about doing this is to recall that walking 128steps in an area with no wild pokemon (ie Lugia's cave) will advance the RNG by a number equal to your party pokemon. That said, if you have a seed for Lugia, just check to see if that seed is divisible by 2/3/4/5 after taking into account your roamers :) This way...you'd have to verify your delay by roamer location and not elm call.

The first way is easier imo :)

Quick question - Is it possible to RNG for a shiny Mew from the FAL2010 event with a hexflawless spread? I'm fairly certain it's not but I want to check and make sure, that way I save myself the time of ID/SID abuse just for the Mew.

Quick question - Is it possible to RNG for a shiny Mew from the FAL2010 event with a hexflawless spread? I'm fairly certain it's not but I want to check and make sure, that way I save myself the time of ID/SID abuse just for the Mew.
Nope, I don't think it's possible for Wondercard Pokemon.

In the great marsh in PLATINUM, I need some additional information :

First question : I know the encounter slots for binocular pokemon of the day are 6 and 7. However, when looking through the binocular , I see several different binocular pokemon on the same day. Does that mean that each of them is on slots 6 and 7 in the area I see them in?
For example, say I see a Tangela in area 3, a Drapion in area 4, and a shroomish in area 6, all of whom are changing Pokemon. So if I'm in area 3, slots 6 and 7 will result in encountering a Tangela, but in area 6 I will encounter a Shroomish. Is this how it works ?

Second question : there are wandering NPCs in the marsh. When I am in an area, do the wandering NPCs in OTHER areas advance my frame, or do I only need to look at the one in the area I'm in (so all I need is have him onscreen while I do my advancement)?

Just for trade thread purposes, should I list if the Pokemon was caught through an emulator? Since I will be RNG abusing mostly though it. (Well for captures and ID SID abusing)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just for trade thread purposes, should I list if the Pokemon was caught through an emulator? Since I will be RNG abusing mostly though it. (Well for captures and ID SID abusing)
Always. I believe I mention this in the RNG Research thread as well.

Umm... guys, question about the PokeRNG. I've put my minimum delay at 490 and the maximum delay at 499. But when I get the results, I get this spread:

"PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: ca0501f0 Method 1: 142921, J (synch): 142878, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 142878, K (no synch): 142894) HP DARK 70"

As you can see, I've got a whooping 140000+ frames. Why is this happening? And do you guys have solution for this? Thanks! :D

Well, I'm searching for a Timid nature with flawless IVs on PokeRNG and that's the only one I got. Should I use it although it has that higher frames?

Well, I'm searching for a Timid nature with flawless IVs on PokeRNG and that's the only one I got. Should I use it although it has that higher frames?
No, hitting frame 140,000 will take such a ridiculously long time that it is worth it at all. I think you should just learn to hit a higher delay as it will save a lot of headaches.

seed d2140289 delay 639

PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70

The only perfect spread for timid has ability 0. So if you're not using it on a legendary, make sure you want ability 0.

Edit: and you should be using Pikatimer. The search parameters you put in were pretty narrow. There's no need for that if you use Pikatimer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)