Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Im 100% positive. Some have been level 48 (which do work). Others were 50+ (still didnt work).
EDIT: By "(which do work)" I mean usable.
Did you remember the military time? You know, how 15=3pm, 1=1am, etc? I forgot about this when I started to learn how to RNG abuse.
EDIT: Yeah, that's it. I was unfamiliar with it since none of my friends ever uses that.

Im 100% positive. Some have been level 48 (which do work). Others were 50+ (still didnt work).
EDIT: By "(which do work)" I mean usable.
Hm. Do you have the checkmark box telling you for which game marked correctly?
If you're doing DPP you're going to need to have that one check, and HGSS for HGSS.

Maybe if you could, send me a screenshot of what you're doing in RNG reporter, it might help me a bit more.

@Omegaforte
It's called Military time >.<

Hm. Do you have the checkmark box telling you for which game marked correctly?
If you're doing DPP you're going to need to have that one check, and HGSS for HGSS.

Maybe if you could, send me a screenshot of what you're doing in RNG reporter, it might help me a bit more.

@Omegaforte
It's called Military time >.<
I do have DPP checked.
@ OmegaForte: I put my time in Seed Finder based on my ds time so I do use 0-23.

What do I need to know specifically about the red gyarados to RNG it?
How do I look it up on RNG reporter (Time to seed)?

The first posts say that its IVs are generated via the same method that is used for chained Shinies. What method is that? (1/2/J/K, etc.)
They also say that it doesn't start on the first frame. So, what frame does it start on?

Hello all,

I'm attempting to rng latios in soul silver. I have defeated all the roaming legends and are right in front of lance. Before i begin I have a couple of questions.

1) is latios generated on frame 11 once I beat lance
2) once I find my spread just hit my seed and delay as usual?
3) advance the Rng via radio?

For the third question i have the radiofinder program does it verify that I hit my seed and delay and how many frames does the rng advance once I click on the bottom right radio station from being directly in the middle???

Thank you all in advance

2)

I'm trying to RNG the Enigma Stone Latios in HG. I'm wondering how much wandering NPCs affect the frame. If you move quickly through the menus, without allowing the game to idle in the overworld, do NPCs generally not advance the frame? Or is this a situation where they advance the frame no matter what, and you have to try different frames until one works?

I RNG abuse in HG. I've never had issues with RNG until this last time, which puzzled me (I've been RNGing for about five months now).

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Shiny, flawless Mantyke. The shiny part is escaping me, for some reason. I'm breeding it with an english flawless Mantine with a wave incense, and Syb's flawless japanese ditto.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? The seed is 25150218 at 507 delay, 6 frame.

How did you verify your seed? If using Elm's responses or coin flips to verify, tell us what YOU got. Not what RNG Reporter says. I verified it using Elm responses, and hit K-K-K-P-P-P-K-P, which was the result I was supposed to get.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? I was aiming for a shiny modest female with water absorb, but somehow ended up with a nonshiny modest male with water absorb.

Is it pure coincidence, or did the wave incense have something to do with it? I'm not very well versed with the effects of items on RNG, sorry. :/

EDIT: I tried again with a different seed, and got it, so I'm not sure what happened. Out of curiosity, though, are there any items that affect RNG, besides the power items?
I don't know of any other items affected the RNG of breeding, however, I do know from experience that sometimes RNG Reporter does not work properly with some seeds. You can do everything right and get a fail after every test on that seed, then change the seed (which involves a change in time) and get a perfect hatch with the same nature/ability/shininess or IV spread. I am not using the very newest version of RNG Reporter, so perhaps that is the reason. If you have the newest version, then it's probably something else happening.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@J-Leo-L
NPCs in Pewter (where you are for that event) didn't really seem to be too much of a hindrance when I did it. If you get out of the menu and into the battle fast enough you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm trying to RNG the Enigma Stone Latios in HG. I'm wondering how much wandering NPCs affect the frame. If you move quickly through the menus, without allowing the game to idle in the overworld, do NPCs generally not advance the frame? Or is this a situation where they advance the frame no matter what, and you have to try different frames until one works?
They can be a pain, but so long as you have some sort of menu up they stand still. So just go straight into the pokegear as soon as you enter the game world and talk to Latios as soon as you close it you shouldn't have too much trouble (they can still move when the menus are closed, but they won't have much time if you go fast).

So is there another way of determining the encounter slots?
I don't know, I looked at them the normal way, and by calculating them based on Zari's post, and the pokemon never matched either way. And believe me, I checked probably 15-20 different seeds and 30-40 different frames while trying to find a Scyther. For me it was just a ton of trial and error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)