Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

Miami sucks, plain and simple.

First of all, they have little to no depth. It's their Big 3 and perimeter shooters really.

Which brings me to my next point; the Big 3 don't complement each other at all. LeBron and Wade are effectively the exact same players. Chris Bosh is just, I dunno, there.

You look at a Big 3 like Celtics; you got a sniper as a perimeter shooter(Allen), a clutch go-to guy(Pierce), and your defensive heart and ridiculously good post up player who could stretch the floor somewhat in Garnett.

Finally, Miami is weak at arguably the 2 most important positions; PG and center. Teams rape them on the glass and pound them inside while LeBron James runs the offense. The same guy who tried to cross-over Rondo in Game 6 of the conference semi-finals and lost the ball trying to put it in between his legs '-_-.

Also, OKC for life :B.
It was so stupid for everyone to expect miami to be good just becuase of the "big three". With Bosh being probably the most overated player in the NBA, and, as you said, Wade and Lebron being the same player, and lacking a big man, that heat never had a chance. Maybe if the can get a big man over the off season, they'll be contenders, but until then, it will be a struggle for them to stay above .500.

But they are a work in progress, guys!
The sad truth is is that they might be better off shopping Lebron or Wade. Two players who are ineffective without the ball at all times and are terribly overrated jump shooters... Throw in that Bosh is no where near a number 3 option and you just have an average team that can play good D.

Its hard not to be into the NBA with how well the Celtics, especially Rondo, are playing.

Blake Griffin is also an exciting player to watch. I hope the Clippers can build a freaking team around him.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Hoping for an equally good rebounding game against the Clippers today as the Jazz had against the Lakers. That's the reason why they struggled against the Clippers ealier this month and didn't lose to the Lakers. When they win the rebound game, good things happen.

Hey guys, I was just wondering what your All-Star picks were.
I got:
West:
Carmelo
Rudy Gay
Nash
Curry
Camby
East:
Granger
Stoudemire
Rondo
Rose
Hibbert

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
That is such a great article. I was going to put a link of it here, but I see you beat me to it. Any respect I had for LeBron is now gone. I knew he was a narcissist, but this is stunning with the planned scapegoat in Spoelstra. He isn't a professional. That's all I can say.

If I said I told you say it has literally gotten old... Now I didnt think the Heat would be this bad but they cant honestly expect to compete with any top team this year. They are what, 1-7 against teams .500 or better?

Its really sad to see whats happened to Lebron. More than a Game really started the exposure of his narcissism. He went to a school that would provide everything for him instead of taking his talents to his local high school that never won anything. Then its revealed that he almost got left off the USA team due to how immature he really is. Throw in that Maverick Carter might be the dumbest person ever and you have a terrible situation

LeBron is the new T-Mac - gaudy but ultimately empty stats, and a guy who fails in the playoffs against quality teams. (btw Cleveland is hovering around .500 with injuries everywhere, that supporting cast was never that bad)
Don't insult T-Mac like that, the guy was never a complete jerkass like LeFaggot

Also I don't think Maverick Carter is dumb, a matter of fact he's borderline genius to be able to string the media and executives the way he has throughout LeBron's career. Problem is, he's almost as big as a dick as LeBron, maybe even more so (he wasn't as coddled as LeBron).

I have to say though, if anything LeBron is very influential. His (BAN ME PLEASE)ry is even rubbing off on Wade.

... FML

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
anyway, i'm going to keep patting myself on the back for calling this shitfest out from the beginning, though to be fair i didn't think they'd be this atrocious (i just thought they'd lose in the playoffs to one of the bulls/celtics/magic/lakers and possibly get upset in the first round by a young, hungry and fundamentally sound team like the pacers)

Don't insult T-Mac like that, the guy was never a complete jerkass like LeFaggot

Also I don't think Maverick Carter is dumb, a matter of fact he's borderline genius to be able to string the media and executives the way he has throughout LeBron's career. Problem is, he's almost as big as a dick as LeBron, maybe even more so (he wasn't as coddled as LeBron).

I have to say though, if anything LeBron is very influential. His (BAN ME PLEASE)ry is even rubbing off on Wade.

... FML
I literally think anyone could've sold Lebron to the media and built him up the ways hes built up now. Hes an idiot when he tries to hold a stick up to get a 10g chain back after a woman claimed to have bought it for 5 dollars at a yard sale.... Also allowing his boy to become this publicly hated doesnt exactly scream genius either, even if the dinner Lebron had last night is always breaking news on ESPN

but not at 25% and 24 shots xD then they are a-okay

(sorry I HAD to)
Yeh but him playing shut down defense really didnt help them either... Or the fact that guys like Pierce and Allen had an equally bad game because both teams actually played good D, but yeh Jordan always shot 50% in the playoffs since in the end thats what it will always be compared to

That is such a great article. I was going to put a link of it here, but I see you beat me to it. Any respect I had for LeBron is now gone. I knew he was a narcissist, but this is stunning with the planned scapegoat in Spoelstra. He isn't a professional. That's all I can say.
I lost my respect for LeBrick awhile ago.

No offense, but I'm surprised everyone's just figuring this out about LeBron just now...

Did LeBron really reveal his narcissism just now? Or was this during "The Decision"? Maybe it was when he refused to shake hands when he got his ass handed to him by Orlando in the Conference Finals 2 years ago? Or was it during All-Star Weekend 2009 in Pheonix, when Kenny Smith sincerely pointed out to LBJ that a lot of greats won dunk contests while LeBron didn't even join one? BTW, he PMS'd and promptly left.

And honestly, I'm just as surprised at the way everyone thought Miami might've made history this year, or even won the 'ship.

I predicted Miami would be a mediocre team to begin with, and if they stuck with just Wade and Bosh and signed some really good role players with the remaining cap space they would've used on LeBron (a really good center that could handle the dirty work, be a defensive anchor and complement Bosh's finesse style wonderfully, a point guard that could actually run the offense, a bench that existed), they would've been a real title contender with no confusion or egos on the offensive end.

I'm interested to see who LBJ's gonna blame come playoffs.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
I didn't say this is what made me lose all my respect for LeBron. While "The Decision" was a poorly executed strategy, I thought he could recover from that as it was just a mistake. Everyone knew he has the Cleveland franchise hijacked. What I think it completely laughable is that he tries firing back at Spoelstra in the media because he is trying to get him to man up. He isn't competitive. Michael and Kobe were competitive. They put in the physical works like LeBron, but they also put in the mental work as well.

I knew he was immature and stuff but "Throwing French Fries at people's faces" is a whole different level.

Like the article said (and I read it this morning before it posted here) LeBron doesn't just lack respect for his coaches, he doesn't respect "people" as a whole.

Kobe is an absolute ballhog, jacking up shots left and right despite teammates that were open. He's egocentric and wants all the fame.

Spurs for 2010-2011 champs (hate the team as much as I hate the Fakers and the Heat, but they play some excellent, albeit boring, basketball)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)