Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

I didn't actually say Bosh wasn't pulling his weight, and I know he's been doing a good job offensively. Him turning the ball over at very low rate is expected. He's a 4, he shouldn't be doing very much ball handling. When he gets the ball, most of the time it should be in a position to score and so of course his turnovers will be low. (It always makes me cringe more to see a big man with say 5 or so TO's than when a PG does that.)

But the rebounding is just bad. This guy was a 24 and 10 player last year. 20 and 9 for his career. The drop in point production was to be expected and isn't anything to be worried about. But the fact that his rebounding for this year is down 2.1 from his career averages is pretty bad. I think his rebounding average this season is actually the lowest of his career.
It's not acceptable to have James Jones out rebound your starting 4, like in the Cleveland game.

Think about the team he came from. Toronto Raptors. Their center is Bargnani.

Bosh was never a good rebounder; he was just the only guy who could rebound on that team.

Who would have thought Mavericks-Spurs would revive as the most compelling rivalry in the league? Woooooooooooooo! Barring blowing a nice lead, Spurs 16-3 and Celtics, Magic, and Mavericks 15-4 tie will be the top records :@

But it defeats the purpose... they won that game and him shooting that many shots literally had nothing to do with the rest of the team playing poorly especially when guys like Artest took just as many shots. So yeh, it just goes back to posts that just arent relevant when I said that him taking that many shots always leads to L's
It is relevant. Again, a point you are incapable of understanding, Artest being terrible does not in any way excuse Kobe being terrible. If the Celtics had put forth anything but the worst rebounding effort possible, then Kobe would have been the most responsible by far for losing that game. My post was fucking relevant - you were discussing a situation where Kobe shoots poorly, I made a joke based off that with a very fucking relevant situation (just "not enough shots", who cares, it was a JOKE). Just because you have no sense of humor does not make you judge and jury of what is or is not an acceptable post. If you do not find it funny, there is no need to drag it into a long argument in which you repeatedly make ad hominem leaps of logic that have nothing to do with anything only to come back and say "this was all a fucking terrible argument!!, and also it is your fault!". If you do not want a terrible argument, then do not incite one.

Russel Westbrook having every OKC point in one of the OTs.

Durant isn't even the best player on his own team this season so far. Crazy.
You...do realize he is injured and not playing, making it impossible to tell if he would have been the best (after a slow start)...?

For what is worth, Dan Gilbert's bitching has made the Cavs #2 in the NBA in home attendance.
oops, I meant to put a 0 not a 9 lol... But yes, Its still very funny that even without Lebron they still have a better attendence than Miami. Miami literally had to put out posters of how Miami fans should act at games (cheering, clapping all that stuff)

It is relevant. Again, a point you are incapable of understanding, Artest being terrible does not in any way excuse Kobe being terrible. If the Celtics had put forth anything but the worst rebounding effort possible, then Kobe would have been the most responsible by far for losing that game. My post was fucking relevant - you were discussing a situation where Kobe shoots poorly, I made a joke based off that with a very fucking relevant situation (just "not enough shots", who cares, it was a JOKE). Just because you have no sense of humor does not make you judge and jury of what is or is not an acceptable post. If you do not find it funny, there is no need to drag it into a long argument in which you repeatedly make ad hominem leaps of logic that have nothing to do with anything only to come back and say "this was all a fucking terrible argument!!, and also it is your fault!". If you do not want a terrible argument, then do not incite one.
I literally only said that when Kobe takes a ridiculous amount of shots like 25-30 it always leads to loses. You named a situation in which Kobe took a ridiculous amount of shots and won. How does that have any relevence to what im talking about? Now you just started rambling about how if the Celtics rebounded better they would've won.... I have a word for that, its called irrelevant

Cleveland avgs more attendance because they hold more in their stadium, our percentage is still better (but not by much, not that I care, 100.1% is still pretty good). Also we even have the road sell out effect too, 100.9 attendance for road games.

You're welcome NBA.

Now if we're gonna talk shitty fans, lets talk about those LA fans hmm? Can't sell out even though you're the reigning champs? Really?

I don't see how it matters as Lakers fans are loyal and dedicated when it does matter which would be the playoffs. There's no real need to see the Lakers blow off a weak team like Sacramento if you're used to going to their games.

And Durant is still better than Westbrook...hes just having a slow start with injury and such. Good to see Westbrook stepping up his game though, hes been a real leader.

Cleveland avgs more attendance because they hold more in their stadium, our percentage is still better (but not by much, not that I care, 100.1% is still pretty good). Also we even have the road sell out effect too, 100.9 attendance for road games.

You're welcome NBA.

Now if we're gonna talk shitty fans, lets talk about those LA fans hmm? Can't sell out even though you're the reigning champs? Really?
Not only do they not sell out with 3 stars, but they have to tell their fans how to act like fans at games... LA never has to tell their fans how to act, even if half of their fans are just celebrities/upper class people that are just there to have something to do. There shouldnt ever be an empty seat in Miami's house and their is, no other team should even be compared to that

Also LA is in the ship like every other year, being reigning champs shouldnt matter LA fans are spoiled

I don't see how it matters as Lakers fans are loyal and dedicated when it does matter which would be the playoffs. There's no real need to see the Lakers blow off a weak team like Sacramento if you're used to going to their games.
Typical Lakers fan mantra.

MF, have you thought about the fact that, you know, pretty much any team sells out come playoff time?

Also Lakers, are you implying Miami doesn't have its fair share of upper class/celebrities? Thats like saying Brooklyn or Manhattan is just some other mundane city.

MF, have you thought about the fact that, you know, pretty much any team sells out come playoff time?
Actually, yes I have thought of that, it doesn't change the fact that their loyal; not only is the entire game filled, but i bet that LA has more people viewing its games come playoffs on TV more than any other team (except for Boston probably).The nba season is 82 games long and blowout games often times don't turn out to be that entertaining. I don't understand how LA fans should get heat for something like that. And in response to your "Typical Lakers fan mantra", I'm not even a Lakers fan, like a lot of people i just respect a great franchise.

I literally only said that when Kobe takes a ridiculous amount of shots like 25-30 it always leads to loses. You named a situation in which Kobe took a ridiculous amount of shots and won. How does that have any relevence to what im talking about? Now you just started rambling about how if the Celtics rebounded better they would've won.... I have a word for that, its called irrelevant
Yeah, and he took a ridiculous amount of shots, 24, which is essentially the same fucking thing. That you took a double post for no reason to continue calling my points irrelevant and wrong just caps it, you are completely blinded.

It was not a ramble, it was a statement. Not everything has to be mistaken, as much as you want my posts to be after your various train wrecks of posts.

You...do realize he is injured and not playing, making it impossible to tell if he would have been the best (after a slow start)...?
You... do realize Durant has missed all of 4 games this season, is averaging more than 40 minutes per game in the ones he's played in, and Westbrook has played better than him in those games...?

To the various responses about Bosh's turnovers, I realize PFs don't turn the ball over much, my point was that even for a power forward he's turning the ball over at a ridiculously low rate.

Also Lakers, are you implying Miami doesn't have its fair share of upper class/celebrities? Thats like saying Brooklyn or Manhattan is just some other mundane city.
Im not, but its not nearly as much as LA... The Lakers could have some excuse because they've been good for years now and most of the people that actually attend the games aren't die-hard Laker fans.

For a team like Miami to acquire two stud basketball players to go along with their already star player there should be no excuse for seats to be empty this early in the year. Even if they average a better % than Cleveland, they have 3 completely watchable players compared to 0 on Cleveland. So this is actually bad for the NBA when 3 star players cant even sell out their home games even if it means better attendance for teams that are completely depleted.

By the way, Brooklyn and Manhattan aren't cities... They are boroughs of New York City

Yeah, and he took a ridiculous amount of shots, 24, which is essentially the same fucking thing. That you took a double post for no reason to continue calling my points irrelevant and wrong just caps it, you are completely blinded.

It was not a ramble, it was a statement. Not everything has to be mistaken, as much as you want my posts to be after your various train wrecks of posts.
Your still talking? Do you just have to try and win every possible thing to make your life complete? Anyway you try to spin it around you still said something irrelevant and therefore can put an L in the column. Amount of shots still doesnt = what I was talking about. If I was talking about Kobe just taking a lot of shots in general, then you'd have an argument. But you are talking about him taking a lot of shots in a W, not an L. Therefore, I will mark that as irrelevant. Just a stab to try and bait a Laker fan, in which you succeeded. Good Job, *waits for life card to be claimed to have been pulled in my first sentence*

Actually, yes I have thought of that, it doesn't change the fact that their loyal; not only is the entire game filled, but i bet that LA has more people viewing its games come playoffs on TV more than any other team (except for Boston probably).The nba season is 82 games long and blowout games often times don't turn out to be that entertaining. I don't understand how LA fans should get heat for something like that. And in response to your "Typical Lakers fan mantra", I'm not even a Lakers fan, like a lot of people i just respect a great franchise.
Of course LA would have more people viewing the Lakers because they're the second largest TV market in the country. Miami is freaking 16 (and Boston is 4). That blowing out other teams stuff is bullshit, if anything you want your team to dominate other teams. No excuse for not coming out and supporting your team especially with all the attractions at the Staples Center (trust me, I've been there, there's A LOT of shit to do).

Yo Lakers, that borough stuff always gets me. Brooklyn hasn't been a city in like... over 100 years lol. So uh... that's like calling Brooklyn or Manhattan any mundane county lol.

Also Miami finally beat another winning team. Feels good man.

I am still talking? You said something else, and I made another direct response to you. The joke was that they should have fucking lost because he was such a poor shot while being such a stupid fucking ballhog. I clearly have to be the bigger man here, feel free to make another insane defense and I will not give a shit.

I am still talking? You said something else, and I made another direct response to you. The joke was that they should have fucking lost because he was such a poor shot while being such a stupid fucking ballhog. I clearly have to be the bigger man here, feel free to make another insane defense and I will not give a shit.
Thats still besides the point... Even if they "should've lost", they didnt... Therefore, you have once again avoided my original point. Now you are just on the bs excuse train to explain how a team should've won, well many teams should've won games this year but they didnt, it happens

Of course LA would have more people viewing the Lakers because they're the second largest TV market in the country. Miami is freaking 16 (and Boston is 4). That blowing out other teams stuff is bullshit, if anything you want your team to dominate other teams. No excuse for not coming out and supporting your team especially with all the attractions at the Staples Center (trust me, I've been there, there's A LOT of shit to do).

Yo Lakers, that borough stuff always gets me. Brooklyn hasn't been a city in like... over 100 years lol. So uh... that's like calling Brooklyn or Manhattan any mundane county lol.

Also Miami finally beat another winning team. Feels good man.
Its ok lol, I've lived here my whole life and I still only refer to Manhattan as the city, it happens to the best of us.

I still feel its a bit bs that Miami doesnt sell out with those 3... The worst part is it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal on 2 conditions:

1) If there werent so many bandwagon Heat fans now
2) If the Heat didnt have to release a report on their fan site to tell fans how to act at a game, like cheering when your team scores

Not only do they not sell out with 3 stars, but they have to tell their fans how to act like fans at games... LA never has to tell their fans how to act, even if half of their fans are just celebrities/upper class people that are just there to have something to do. There shouldnt ever be an empty seat in Miami's house and their is, no other team should even be compared to that
Who cares?

because we were talking about attendence? It wasnt hate, it was literally the topic of discussion lol... Dam bandwagon heat fans these days
I know. They annoy me to no end :l. Almost as bad as those kobe bryant bandwagoners. Take that as you wish :T.

I literally laughed my ass off when I saw that Heat commercial on ESPN. Seriously, who does that? Even low attendance teams like Indiana and Charlotte don't put out that kinda thing. It was basically a huge red sign telling everyone else that the Heat are worried about their fan base.

And as for your comment about the Heat drawing bigger crowds to road games. The majority of the people coming want to see the Heat lose, whereas Lakers road games draw a significant amount of LA fans. Trust me, I've been to LA games in Denver, Minneapolis, Oklahoma and Chicago. And each time, there were large swaths of purple and gold sitting in the stadium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)