2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was theorymoning a SubSplit Medicham in gen IV:

Adamant/Jolly Medicham@LO
~Substitute
~Pain Split
~High Jump Kick
~Psycho Cut/Rock Slide
i don't think that this set would work at all for gen 5. medicham is way too frail to effectively pull this off, and its speed is really only average at best, especially when compared to all of the speedy new threats that can be found this generation. if you're going to use medicham at all, a scarf set is the way to go, though a choice band could be quite damaging. while the above set does find some opportunities to setup on nattorei (who is so ridiculously common that it makes me want to puke), many other pokemon can just outspeed and shit all over it, so i don't really think that it's worth it. when an uu tier is formed, though, this set may be worth testing.

Sax King, you have just stumbled over a fantastic new way to use Medicham! I've tried it out as a pure attacker in Gen 4 but it failed dismally every time. So high hopes for the Magic Meditator!

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sax King, you have just stumbled over a fantastic new way to use Medicham! I've tried it out as a pure attacker in Gen 4 but it failed dismally every time. So high hopes for the Magic Meditator!
If you were careful about the whole HJK crashing thing, passing a single SD and 1-2 speed boosts, Medicham could 6-0 entire teams, even defensive teams.

Though this was before priority got more popular so I'm not sure how well it still works these days, but it was a back in the day niche.

Medicham @ Focus Sash
[252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe]
Adamant Natured
Pure Power
-Fake Out
-Magic Coat / Bullet Punch
-Hi Jump Kick
-Ice Punch

Just saying that this set works absolute wonders in 1v1. Whilst it doesn't beat every Pokemon (nothing does), it beats a whole lot of the top Pokemon a lot of the time. The good thing is, Medicham is not common at all in 1v1, so the opponent often doesn't know what to expect.
Fake Out is the crux of the set, breaking Focus Sashes (if the opponent doesn't have Protect) and dealing a crapload of damage due to Medicham's 480 Attack. Magic Coat reflects Darkrai's Dark Void right back at them, putting them to Sleep if they hold a Sash and, if they hold Lum Berry, that's where the mindgames commence; I've managed to win against Darkrai a lot more than they win against me. HJK is obscenely powerful, killing a lot after a Fake Out. Ice Punch is there for Skymin, but it beats me 60% of the time, due to Air Slash's flinch rate. Bullet Punch should be used after Darkrai is banned, due to Protect 'Mons, and Ice Punch should be replaced with Psycho Cut for Ghosts.

Putting the HP into Speed will be much more efficient imo. Also, I´d put Magic Coat as a necessity to throw back all entry hazards and Taunt. Other than that this lead set looks good, actually. Does Fake Out do enough to break Gigaiath´s Sturdy even with Lefties?

Putting the HP into Speed will be much more efficient imo. Also, I´d put Magic Coat as a necessity to throw back all entry hazards and Taunt. Other than that this lead set looks good, actually. Does Fake Out do enough to break Gigaiath´s Sturdy even with Lefties?
I'm willing to guess it does, but it's kinda moot. Most Gigiasu carry Custap for dat Sturdy/'splosion

Icepunch hits Gliscor/Landlos/Zapdos/Claydol/Rotom (plain) harder, and Thunderpunch hits Burungurungu (whatever)/Gyarados/Mantine harder...

Trick Sweeper

EVs: atk: 252 // Spd: 252
Nature: Adamant / Jolly

@bull's eye / choice scarf
~Trick
~Hi Jump Kick
~Psycho Cut
~Rock Slide / Ice Punch

Trick with a ghost or a wall pokémon and sweep

Reviving this thread.

Medicham @ life orb
Hi Jump Kick
Ice punch
Fire punch
Fake out/pyscho cut

Medicham makes one great lategame sweeper or mid-game sweeper. Fire punch handles ferrothorn and scizor with ease. Ice punch pretty much takes care of dragons that are running around and hi Jump kick just ruins everything barring ghost types. I'm really shocked this didn't make it to OU considering azumarill did (azumarill only has more bulk over it and 10 less base attack making medicham a bit better with 1 uncommon weakness (flying) and 1 semi-common (ghost)).

@ The person complaining about Protect.

Medicham gets Feint which is a 30 Power Extremespeed. Sure its notably weaker than Bullet Punch but the priority is very nice.

Reviving this thread.

Medicham @ life orb
Hi Jump Kick
Ice punch
Fire punch
Fake out/pyscho cut

Medicham makes one great lategame sweeper or mid-game sweeper. Fire punch handles ferrothorn and scizor with ease. Ice punch pretty much takes care of dragons that are running around and hi Jump kick just ruins everything barring ghost types. I'm really shocked this didn't make it to OU considering azumarill did (azumarill only has more bulk over it and 10 less base attack making medicham a bit better with 1 uncommon weakness (flying) and 1 semi-common (ghost)).
Except those are irrelevant. It's because of Azumarill's STAB Huge Power Aqua Jet priority that people use it. It allows for revenge killing dangerous fast sweepers like Excadrill, Landorus, Volcarona, Terrakion, and previously Blaziken so similarly Infernape, mainly 5th generation threats, so it's more the environment around it that changed and gave Azumarill a chance to shine rather than Azumarill gaining much from the new generation, because it didn't. Medicham got some new toys in boosted Hi Jump Kick, Drain Punch, and Magic Coat, as well as Low Sweep, for some examples, but it's still slow and frail and it faces a lot of competition from the many new fighting types as well as the ones in previous generations.

Having been a fan of Medicham since 3rd Gen, I'll admit it can be outclassed. However, slap on a choice scarf and it becomes one hell of a revenge killer, especially with Jolly nature.

Why no mention of Rock Slide? Rock has fantastic coverage let alone with Fighting...
True, but Rock Slide is somewhat weak, and can't really fit on a moveset too well.

@ The person complaining about Protect.

Medicham gets Feint which is a 30 Power Extremespeed. Sure its notably weaker than Bullet Punch but the priority is very nice.
*50 power extremespeed, not that that makes too much difference.

I've tried a Trickscarf focus punch lead before that had some really fun results

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 attk / 252 spe / 4 whatever
- Trick
- Focus Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Trick on the expected setup, Focus Punch the switch. Z-Headbutt for dual STABs and Bullet Punch for much loved priority. STAB Focus Punch off of that much attack power will put a dent in or straight OHKO pretty much every non ghost switch in. This worked alot better in 4th OU, but I see applications in 5th UU, when it is eventually devised.

*50 power extremespeed, not that that makes too much difference.

I've tried a Trickscarf focus punch lead before that had some really fun results

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 attk / 252 spe / 4 whatever
- Trick
- Focus Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Trick on the expected setup, Focus Punch the switch. Z-Headbutt for dual STABs and Bullet Punch for much loved priority. STAB Focus Punch off of that much attack power will put a dent in or straight OHKO pretty much every non ghost switch in. This worked alot better in 4th OU, but I see applications in 5th UU, when it is eventually devised.
I tried this with Gallade last gen except with Shadow Sneak and Stone Edge/Zen Headbutt. There's no real reason to run Focus Punch over Close Combat, or in this case, High Jump Kick.

I've used a CB set to some extent:

Medicham@ CB
Pure Power
Adamant (reasoning below)
252 Speed 252 Atk 4 HP
-HJK
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch

This thing tears through most walls. as a wallbreaker, and not a sweeper, he doesn't really need that much speed, so I just went for max attack everywhere. HJK is your main STAB move, the other punches are for coverage.

For Bliss: HJK or switch predicting a switch from the opponent (possibly into a ghost)
For Pory2: see above
For Burungeru: Thunderpunch ftw
For Nattorei: Fire Punch ftw.
For Tyranitar: Don't expect them to stay in.

It requires prediction to use though. Sometimes you will just see it fail due to an overprediction, sometimes it will work VERY well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)