Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok people, I'm in for what is the most difficult rnging
Chained shiny theoretical.

1. How do I choose my seed, one that has my if/sid combination
and in the 700s, right? But how?
2.I save on patch of grass with repel on, then try to hit that seed.
Once I do, I use the pkradar, which basically advances the rng by
The number of patches shaking, i.e. 4patches=10 frames.
after I do that, I go to patch, always turning and walking to have a
Consistent frame advancement right? Once I go into tge patch, that would
Be 6 frames advancement and if its the right pkmn I catch. Right?
3. after the battle, I see the next patches, and I keep chaining and
Calculating what frame I'm at until I reach the shiny patch???
4. Once I'm in front of the shiny patch, I calculate how many frames I need
to advance to get to my target frame 6 before the frame right??

And.....that's how you do it???
Quoting myself

Yeah, I'd be rather interested in a more extensive guide on Pokeradar abuse. Like how you pick a spread. Can someone who's done it give us some tips? :\

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
(btw Pikatimer is like a boss > all other timers imo.)
Gee, thanks. -_-;

Okay I hit my delay verified my seed and got an egg and hatched it. Wrong nature, not shiny. What am i doing wrong?

I realised there was cameron the photographer there and also a person that wanted to battle me but they dont turn or move. They just stand there. Could they be the problem?
The egg was frame 1 so the first egg should of been shiny.
You didn't talk to and/or battle the person, right?
Also, what was the nature/gender/ability of what you got?

As for the -1 second thing, if it does it with mine, I can guarantee it would do it with Pikatimer since mine runs longer. I don't have a DSi myself, so I don't know if that could be the issue there. I'm hoping that anyone with this problem will let me know and if necessary I'll implement a setting once we narrow down the cause.

@others
I'm not ignoring you, I've just never done it myself, sorry.

Gee, thanks. -_-;

You didn't talk to and/or battle the person, right?
Also, what was the nature/gender/ability of what you got?

As for the -1 second thing, if it does it with mine, I can guarantee it would do it with Pikatimer since mine runs longer. I don't have a DSi myself, so I don't know if that could be the issue there. I'm hoping that anyone with this problem will let me know and if necessary I'll implement a setting once we narrow down the cause.

@others
I'm not ignoring you, I've just never done it myself, sorry.
Thanks for helping me out. It was Gentle nature, Female, Sticky hold (grimer). I did NOT talk or battle anyone except for the daycare lady to put my parents in.
Also i think i know why the -1 second thing happens. When the calibrated delay has a larger difference of 60 from the target delay, i always see this happen. I lowered my calibrated delay and it dissapeared ^^

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, so I figured out your problem.
You had checked International Parents, and they aren't. The shiny docile one is frame 4 with normal parents where the one you got is frame 1.

Edit: I accidentally edited this.

wait what... my international parents aren't international?

So I just need to reject 3 eggs and take the fourth right?

edit 2: or get a new seed?

Toast++

wait what... my international parents aren't international?
Well.. not according to RNG reporter. To be international, they both have to be from different countries I believe.

In other words
Japanese + Japanese = not international
English + Japanese = international

Was that the issue here?

i have try to rng shiny egg in soulsilver
1. i pick a seed from time finder
seed : 48000293
date : 2010 06 03
time : 00:23:31
delay : 649
frame : 4 ( i choose this because i have 3 roomers)
nature jolly
ability 0
gender male
INTERNATIONAL PARENT (japanese ditto)

"my id and sid are correct because i had try to capture shiny wild"

2. put all info to pika timer ==> then hit seed for sure (looking map and check roomer position)

3. put 2 parents in daycarelady

4. wait until daycareman see to west and save game.

5. pick up egg and hatching ==> not shiny ??? different nature, different gender??

where i miss the step to get shiny, do i still need to call elm ??? how many times ago??

If the other parent is Japanese, then it's not international. You need one English + one Japanese for it to be international.

And when you found that seed, did you input your ID and SID into the RNG Reporter?

Alright guys, so I'm a fairly seasoned RNG'er and I'm having some problems that I don't know how to fix. I hit all my delays taret frame of 13. I advance to 12, check IV's, turns out I hit 15, try again, same thing. Next time, I advance to 10, take egg, check IV's, turns out I hit 11. So I try yet again, with a DIFFERENT seed, and the same fucking thing happens. Honestly though, what the fuck.

Is the date changing during any of the attempts? In Soul Silver, that really affected my Raikou. The date changing can advance the frame by 2.

Hi there.

I'm trying to breed a shiny Timid Misdreavus with HP Fighting, and I need the IVs to be 31/x/30/30/30/30. I'm using parents with 6/6/1/0/2/16 and 31/31/31/31/31/31, and I got the shiny egg. I'm still trying to get results for the IVs, though, and I can't :/ Any help, please?

Hi there.

I'm trying to breed a shiny Timid Misdreavus with HP Fighting, and I need the IVs to be 31/x/30/30/30/30. I'm using parents with 6/6/1/0/2/16 and 31/31/31/31/31/31, and I got the shiny egg. I'm still trying to get results for the IVs, though, and I can't :/ Any help, please?
The first parent should have at least had 1-2 IVs that were 30 to pass down. What spread did you use?

Is the date changing during any of the attempts? In Soul Silver, that really affected my Raikou. The date changing can advance the frame by 2.
Yup, that's what happened, thanks.

@anyone: I need some assistance with abusing Latias in my HeartGold, I'm fairly good at RNG so it shouldn't be too hard. VM/PM me if interested in helping. Thanks for any/all help I get!

Okay so I tried to rng the wondercard Pokemon Mew on soul silver. I know about wandering NPC's because I was able to rng Latios from the Enigma cystal Wifi event, but have never tried to rng any wondercard Pokemon. My main reason for wanting to is, so I can get Raikou tomorrow at Game stop or sometime this week, so I used the DPP guide on how to rng wondercard Pokemon. From what I know, Mew can be any nature, and currently you can only rng IVs. So I first searched for a method 1 spread, because the spreads in the guide were all to high, I am trying to hit frame 486. I haven't rng'd in a while so I tried 492, and hit 486 first time so I adjusted it, and hit frame 486 again. I then advanced the frame to 154 which was the frame I wanted to land on. I then canceled the menu and pressed A to talk to the daycare man right away. I tried twice earlier seeing how fast I could cancel the menu and go back into the menu. Both times I tried, didn't advance the frame at all, so I just canceled the menu and pressed A really fast on the daycare man, but I got the wrong IVs, and when I checked the stats of my Mew, and searched on the same year and delay, I didn't get anything close to frame 154, I was expecting to have been off and got 155 or something but like I said couldn't find anything close, even within 10 frames. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is it possible to rng the IVs in HGSS of wondercard Pokemon?

EDIT: I meant the poke-mart Guy. I said the daycare man, but I wasn't thinking much obviously.

Toast++

But can't you find spreads that say 31/31/B/31/B/B ? Parent B's IV's being flawless? OR doesn't that work?
Yes, that works.

Okay so I tried to rng the wondercard Pokemon Mew on soul silver. I know about wandering NPC's because I was able to rng Latios from the Enigma cystal Wifi event, but have never tried to rng any wondercard Pokemon. My main reason for wanting to is, so I can get Raikou tomorrow at Game stop or sometime this week, so I used the DPP guide on how to rng wondercard Pokemon. From what I know, Mew can be any nature, and currently you can only rng IVs. So I first searched for a method 1 spread, because the spreads in the guide were all to high, I am trying to hit frame 486. I haven't rng'd in a while so I tried 492, and hit 486 first time so I adjusted it, and hit frame 486 again. I then advanced the frame to 154 which was the frame I wanted to land on. I then canceled the menu and pressed A to talk to the daycare man right away. I tried twice earlier seeing how fast I could cancel the menu and go back into the menu. Both times I tried, didn't advance the frame at all, so I just canceled the menu and pressed A really fast on the daycare man, but I got the wrong IVs, and when I checked the stats of my Mew, and searched on the same year and delay, I didn't get anything close to frame 154, I was expecting to have been off and got 155 or something but like I said couldn't find anything close, even within 10 frames. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is it possible to rng the IVs in HGSS of wondercard Pokemon?
It is possible. You should use the Cerulean PokeMart for that due to the lack of NPCs. I hear Fuschia works as well, but I didn't try it there myself. I'm not sure why you're talking about the day care man here.. that part has me lost.

If the other parent is Japanese, then it's not international. You need one English + one Japanese for it to be international.

And when you found that seed, did you input your ID and SID into the RNG Reporter?
parent are english garchomp + japanese ditto, and i put my id and sid.

But can't you find spreads that say 31/31/B/31/B/B ? Parent B's IV's being flawless? OR doesn't that work?
He/she is asking specifically for HP Fighting, so the spread would be 31/31/30/30/30/30. I tried generating results, but no results show up. (or RNG reporter seems to freeze for a long time) It may be possible, but I suggest he/she next time uses another parent with 30 Ivs in at least 2 places. (Besides HP/atk)

Tomorrow's going to be the first time I RNG a Wondercard Pokemon with my Diamond and Platinum in a Long time and I wanted to know if it's easy to hit an initial even frame or not (always been an initial odd frame person).

If you always hit odd delays, you'll never hit an even delay. You can adjust the year of the spread, but it's impossible for you to hit an even delay without a GBA Pokémon game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)