Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ducking in here to ask something that you guys have probably had time to test: Apparently, Everstones work with different nationality parents in gen 5 (read here a while back). Is this true? And if so, is the increased shiny chance still there? If so, I know what I'm going to be doing with the Japanese Spiritomb my sister got on the GTS ages ago.

^ I've been using english dittos and they have been passing on natures when breeding with japanese pokes (a lot of them).
Either that or I'm REALLY lucky.

I highly recommend AVOIDING MORE THEN 2 POKEMON WITH WEAKNESSES TO THE SAME TYPE. and for every weakness to a type it's a good idea to have a resist/immunity to that type.

Also, Offense is best for noobs (like me :P) because other play styles require lots more prediction.

Edit: w0Ot first post on page 15O! :D
It doesn't matter does it?...
Thanks for the recommendations. Do you recommend any specific Pokemon(s) that work well with that kind of bulky offensive, to use as a baseline to generate ideas from?

Also, I would still appreciate more input from others as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And for the record, IMO it does matter; Mewtwo's badass, and the 1st Uber too.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Awesome, that sounds like a confirmation on the Everstone. How about the shininess?
I hatched a shiny Crimgan and a shiny Corphish within about 40 eggs a couple months ago while using an English Ditto. I assume the increased shiny chance is still present.

Is Infernape still as good as it was in D/P/Pt? Will it stay OU?
I've tested out Infernape and while the MixApe set was still good, I really like the Band and Scarf sets right now. U-turn is great for getting in damage and keeping your opponents on their toes. STAB CC / Flare Blitz is also pretty cool. I'd say U-turn is the defining thing for Infernape right now; Blaziken seems to sweep better in my experience with both (although I don't use Infernape on my sun teams...)

I've been meaning to try a Nitro Charge set too but it just seems like Blaziken makes that dumb ...

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uh.. No pokemon has 101/80/80 defensive stats. Tabunne (103/86/86) and azumarill (100/80/80) come close though.

Kangaskhan (105/80/80)
Briaviary (100/75/75)

Why did you ask? I'm curious now.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it true that Game Freak has made it impossible to perform the "Infinite Rare Candies" Cheat with Action Replay in Black / White.
I seriously doubt it. Previous games' cheats won't work, of course, but since Action Replay works by directly altering the code, there's really no way to stop it.

Is there any youtube channels that are educational if you are interested in the competitive side of pokemon? Something indepth and similar to day9(SCII), and Fatai Error (CoD)

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Is there any youtube channels that are educational if you are interested in the competitive side of pokemon? Something indepth and similar to day9(SCII), and Fatai Error (CoD)
the only thing i know is the smogcast, but if your just starting with competetive Pokemon its propably too indepth for you.
If you search someting to get started this: Articles
could help you to learn basics, and if you already know them you could read some of the Smog Articles that can be found here:
Smog Archive
There also was a Tutor program named Smogon101 but it sadly seems pretty inactive :/

A question i am asking myself: if a Pokemon gets Leech Seeded and Baton Passes to a grass type pokemon does its health still get leeched? does the Leech Seed status get deleted?

@Auzei - not that I know of, most Youtube battlers are not as competitive as many simulator players. Smogon's articles are probably a good place to start - the forums and the Contributions and Corrections forum have good advice and analysis (though not finalised like the D/P ones), so try them out.

@BurningMan, I'd assume that it would leech their health if baton passed, as Grass types are only immune to the initial casting of the move so to speak. The DP entry on the move seems to suggest this too.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
@BurningMan, I'd assume that it would leech their health if baton passed, as Grass types are only immune to the initial casting of the move so to speak. The DP entry on the move seems to suggest this too.
yeah i guess it works that way, since this is how it works on PO. However i would love if someone could test this ingame for me or if someone that knows how it works could reply.

In some of the early speculation about Black and White, there was talk of HMs no longer taking up a moveslot, though as I recall there was never any concrete proof. Now that people actually have their hands on the game... true/false?

As an addendum, you only need to use Cut once through the entire game. That is all for HM use. I don't recall needing any other HMs at all during the "storyline".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)