Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So far, has B/W changed the metagame a much as D/P has? I'm asking because I finally learned how to abuse the RNG in HGSS and I've been breeding a ton of OU Pokes to use competitively. Are they going to become completely invalid once B/W rolls around?
Most of the old Pokémon are still perfectly viable, so all you'll miss out on is the new egg moves and Dream World abilities.

I'm trying to clear out my Wondercards, and I would appreciate some suggestions on the most useful Natures (for BW) for the following:

Mew (need two, already have Calm and Timid)
Deoxys
Jirachi (need three, already have Timid, Jolly, Modest)

Based on the DPP analyses, these seem to cover the most sets:
Mew: Jolly, Adamant
Deoxys: Naive
Jirachi: Careful, Impish, Bold

Agree? Disagree? Are these the best choices for Gen V as well?

I'm probably missing something, but if Smogon metagames are supposed to be reflective of play on Wifi, and it's confirmed (I think?) that pokemon that learn specific moves via TM/move tutor in previous gens, but do not in GenV (I.E. Stealth Rock) are not allowed to be used in B/W matches, how come I'm still seeing old GenIV sets being brought up in discussion?

The pokes in question are legal as in they use solely GenIV stuff (no dreamworld stuff mixed in), but wouldn't they not be allowed in actual B/W match?

Maaf

Let's go for Nanar sweep
is a Contributor Alumnus
You can transfer pokemon from gen IV to gen V, but not items. So old gen IV sets are still usable.

You can transfer pokemon from gen IV to gen V, but not items. So old gen IV sets are still usable.
Pardon if I ask a follow up to this, but from what I can understand, the pokemon are transferrable, however, you can't battle on Wifi with them if they have non-GenV available moves? Again, I'm probably missing something here.

Hey I've been away from pokemon since shortly after HGSS was released in japan (so about a year I think) And have been entertaining the idea of jumping back in with the release of B/W. Intro aside when I left there was an extremely helpful thread that went through the process of how to RNG abuse in DPPt. What I want to know is if anyone ever figured out how to RNG abuse in HGSS and/or BW and if someone made a guide showing how it's done?

Does Aqua Ring really boost Attack and Sp. Atk along with its primary effect like Serebii says or am I missing something? is it really that good?

Hey I've been away from pokemon since shortly after HGSS was released in japan (so about a year I think) And have been entertaining the idea of jumping back in with the release of B/W. Intro aside when I left there was an extremely helpful thread that went through the process of how to RNG abuse in DPPt. What I want to know is if anyone ever figured out how to RNG abuse in HGSS and/or BW and if someone made a guide showing how it's done?
Yes, see guides here and here.

I'm trying to clear out my Wondercards, and I would appreciate some suggestions on the most useful Natures (for BW) for the following:

Mew (need two, already have Calm and Timid)
Deoxys
Jirachi (need three, already have Timid, Jolly, Modest)

Based on the DPP analyses, these seem to cover the most sets:
Mew: Jolly, Adamant
Deoxys: Naive
Jirachi: Careful, Impish, Bold

Agree? Disagree? Are these the best choices for Gen V as well?
Thoughts please? :heart:

I there any point ruddning Sludge Bomb on Gengar or a Flying move on Salamence?
No, to both senteces simply cause of coverage issues the other options (ghost/fight/) and (Dragon/fire/ground) by far outwheights the other Stab options. Seriously that is all they need.
Is something that Electivire and Gen IV in general told us is that a sweeper coverage is made by things it hit neutrally, not by things it hit super effective.

this is a question that might be answered already, but i don't want to browse through 148 pages of posts.

Everyone says a lot of berry's(and other items as well) are illegal in Gen 5 due to not being able to get them in-game. But isn't it possible to Pokéshift a pokemon holding one of these items to Gen 5? Or does the item somehow disappear?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
this is a question that might be answered already, but i don't want to browse through 148 pages of posts.

Everyone says a lot of berry's(and other items as well) are illegal in Gen 5 due to not being able to get them in-game. But isn't it possible to Pokéshift a pokemon holding one of these items to Gen 5? Or does the item somehow disappear?
you cannot Pokeshift items only Pokemon if a Pokemon holds a item while being Pokeshifted the item disappears.
This is why Sould Dew and Custap Berry are currently banned (there are more but these are the most important for competetive battling)

you cannot Pokeshift items only Pokemon if a Pokemon holds a item while being Pokeshifted the item disappears.
This is why Sould Dew and Custap Berry are currently banned (there are more but these are the most important for competetive battling)
I've heard that the Pinch berries are also illegal. Is this right?

I'm trying to do as much pre-release prep as possible. Unfortunately, you cannot tranfer items (like all my wonderful choice items, making the pokewalker virtually useless now).

Can anyone tell me the easiest/quickest way to acquire BP in the battle subway? How many points do you get in the challenges??

I'm trying to do as much pre-release prep as possible. Unfortunately, you cannot tranfer items (like all my wonderful choice items, making the pokewalker virtually useless now).

Can anyone tell me the easiest/quickest way to acquire BP in the battle subway? How many points do you get in the challenges??
If u really want to do it as quick as possible, turn of the attack animations(dont know how its called). That saves more time than you think. Also, i usually do Doubles, since they usually take the shortest (im not sure about the last though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)