Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Why did we decide on the UU suspect testing method rather than the standard OU suspect testing method from last gen to start off BW with? It seems foolish to me to set such a foundation for 5th gen battling in what is essentially theorymon by the top players. It seems like a much better idea to look at both metagames and decide which we prefer.
Reposting.

Oh, and is a there an up-to-date list of released Dream World abilities? The one in the sticky hasn't been edited since November.

Why did we decide on the UU suspect testing method rather than the standard OU suspect testing method from last gen to start off BW with? It seems foolish to me to set such a foundation for 5th gen battling in what is essentially theorymon by the top players. It seems like a much better idea to look at both metagames and decide which we prefer.
Short answer: the UU process is designed to better handle suspects in bulk, while the OU process was better suited for testing individual pokemon.

The move "Wide Guard" is like protect, but in double battles, it protects your whole team. If two pokemon have this move, couldn't they just use it one a time and become invincible?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
can somebody please explain why people run acrobat on Gliscor, isn't it base 55?
Like the poster below you said, if a Gliscor runs Acrobat, it is undoubtedly running Fling as well. If the Pokemon has no item attached and uses Acrobat, the power doubles from 55 to 110.

After you transfer a Pokemon from 4th gen via Pokeshifter, what superficial information carries over? Can you see the location met/hatch location this time? Does it keep the date caught in the previous gen? I know the ball you caught it in stays.

Or is it just like Pal Park, where it just says something like "From Sinnoh/Kanto" on whatever date you transferred it?

It's only protecting against Multi Hit attacks
This is kinda vague, so I'll expand. Wide Guard only guards against attacks that target the entire party, like earthquake. Similarly, fast guard protects the entire party from priority moves. It has a speed priority of 3, so it goes before extremespeed and ties with fake out.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Short answer: the UU process is designed to better handle suspects in bulk, while the OU process was better suited for testing individual pokemon.
We have plenty of time to do these tests. And despite the name of the thread, I'd appreciate the long answer if there is one.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After you transfer a Pokemon from 4th gen via Pokeshifter, what superficial information carries over? Can you see the location met/hatch location this time? Does it keep the date caught in the previous gen? I know the ball you caught it in stays.

Or is it just like Pal Park, where it just says something like "From Sinnoh/Kanto" on whatever date you transferred it?
No met locations, no date is kept (only received from pokeshifter)

Pretty much like Pal Park.

The way to remove it is to fix the various parts of it which are affecting your system. The Google Redirect Virus is different than normal infections because of the way in which it hides on your PC and just changes a few settings that your browsers need to run. In order to fix this, normal antivirus programs will not do, because they are only able to find applications / files that continually run. Instead, you should try using a program like "ComboFix" which you can find out about here:

I saw that in the Dream World there are no traces of any 5th Generation Pokèmon.The question is:There is a way to breed a 5th generation Dream World or we have to wait them to be released by events?

I saw that in the Dream World there are no traces of any 5th Generation Pokèmon.The question is:There is a way to breed a 5th generation Dream World or we have to wait them to be released by events?
No ,there is not such a way, since you need a female to pass the new ability, so for the "big" 5 gen. Pokemons you will have to wait.

However as a side note you can breed telephaty Musharna and Daruma mode Darmanitan which are catchable on the game. But that's all for the time being.

Does Cold Flare take a charge turn in Hail?
If i remember correctly someone on the kyurem thread tested this via AR codes, and posted that it still charges a turn.
i believe it was user Mario with Lasers... but can't find the post.

Does Power Herb work on Cold Flare? It should, but just want to make sure.

Also, when you use vitamins or the Wing items on a Pokémon, do you have to use the box trick to have its stats go up (and in this scenario, we're refusing to battle with the Pokémon to prevent it from gaining experience) or does it automatically apply the EVs?

Power Herb does work on Cold Flare, according to Bulbapedia.

TorchicBlaziken said:
Also, when you use vitamins or the Wing items on a Pokémon, do you have to use the box trick to have its stats go up (and in this scenario, we're refusing to battle with the Pokémon to prevent it from gaining experience) or does it automatically apply the EVs?
It automatically applies the evs.

Does Evil Eye do double damage on the substitue of a statused opponent? It won't do this on PO, and I was wondering if it was a bug or the mechanic.

So far, has B/W changed the metagame a much as D/P has? I'm asking because I finally learned how to abuse the RNG in HGSS and I've been breeding a ton of OU Pokes to use competitively. Are they going to become completely invalid once B/W rolls around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)