5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Remember that in a lot of the cases QC members playtest the sets themselves, which is understandably time-consuming. I'd recommend that you PM the QC members but remember that the response isn't exactly going to be immediate.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Gengar. Can I start out with editing StevenSnype's Article?
Yes, the idea is that when taking over another's analysis, you are supposed to work off what the previous holder already did, rather than starting completely anew. That way, it means that valuable work isn't lost and time isn't wasted.

EDIT: I saw that you edited your post. Do you still want the reservation or not?

Everything in the index should be up to date now.

Also, I would just like to extend hearty congratulations to Delta 2777 for having the first 'FINISHED' analysis for the fifth generation. Here's hoping there'll be plenty more in the coming days, as well.

Damn you Delta xD

Both my analyses have 1 GP check and Golurk has already a reservation for the 2nd

EDIT: It's official, Golurk had its 2nd GP check (thanks Komodo) and will be Done in 30 minutes or so.

Yes, the idea is that when taking over another's analysis, you are supposed to work off what the previous holder already did, rather than starting completely anew. That way, it means that valuable work isn't lost and time isn't wasted.

EDIT: I saw that you edited your post. Do you still want the reservation or not?

Everything in the index should be up to date now.

Also, I would just like to extend hearty congratulations to Delta 2777 for having the first 'FINISHED' analysis for the fifth generation. Here's hoping there'll be plenty more in the coming days, as well.
Yes I still want to do it. I was waiting for premission from stevensnype, as it says in the artical that I need premission.

What happened to the gengar artical that I am now in control of? Did it get deleted?
You don't need to ask the users when they already posted here putting their analyses up for reservation.

And he did that 7 posts above this one. The link to the Gengar analysis is in that post too.

PM Setsuna asking him to unlock it.

EDIT: Golurk is Done.

"Those who wish to take over an analysis from another member, please PM the member in question first. There are many skeleton analyses within the index where the OP in question has no intention of continuing with their analysis. In this case, you should first PM them and get their permission before re-reserving the thread." I get yelled at for following the rules?

"Those who wish to take over an analysis from another member, please PM the member in question first. There are many skeleton analyses within the index where the OP in question has no intention of continuing with their analysis. In this case, you should first PM them and get their permission before re-reserving the thread." I get yelled at for following the rules?
No one yelled at you... I was just saying the former OP of Gengar's analysis had already given it up.

So anyone could take it just by claiming it.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That only applies for analyses where the member in question still holds the reservation (ie. when they have not publicly stated that they want to unreserve the analysis). StevenSnype has already publicly put Gengar up for reservation, so it could be taken by anybody. He has, in effect, already given you permission to take it over.

As for the analysis itself, just copy StevenSnype's skeleton and post a new thread. The old thread will be moved to the locked & outdated analyses subforum once you have done so.

EDIT@zdrup15: Oh right, I forgot... Didn't realise it was moved to L&O.

That only applies for analyses where the member in question still holds the reservation (ie. when they have not publicly stated that they want to unreserve the analysis). StevenSnype has already publicly put Gengar up for reservation, so it could be taken by anybody. He has, in effect, already given you permission to take it over.

As for the analysis itself, just copy StevenSnype's skeleton and post a new thread. The old thread will be moved to the locked & outdated analyses subforum once you have done so.
The old thread was locked a while ago.

And thanks for confirming xD

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to unreserve my Agirudaa analysis, I feel it would be best written by someone who has used it in the current metagame, which isn't me, and I've just lost interest in it.

I'd like to unreserve my Agirudaa analysis, I feel it would be best written by someone who has used it in the current metagame, which isn't me, and I've just lost interest in it.
Hmmm I only have to write Suicune's now and I will have a week of holidays in 5 days...

It's a fun pokemon to use so I'll take it!

EDIT: I'll create a placeholder tomorrow.

EDIT2: The Ninja Bug is here.

I was going to write Chansey for Bologo, but I've had a really hard time writing enough, since it's extremely one-dimensional and I really don't know what to say that isn't extremely obvious to the reader. If someone could rewrite it, that would be nice. Sorry =(

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was going to write Chansey for Bologo, but I've had a really hard time writing enough, since it's extremely one-dimensional and I really don't know what to say that isn't extremely obvious to the reader. If someone could rewrite it, that would be nice. Sorry =(
i can write it!

also, i'm giving up my bronzong analysis to zdrup15

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is very late, but posting to reserve Mandibuzz if its not already done ....

EDIT: Its already done........You guys should update this thread sometime @_@

This is very late, but posting to reserve Mandibuzz if its not already done ....

EDIT: Its already done........You guys should update this thread sometime @_@
There are dozens of analyses and it's impossible to look at every single post in each one of them.

The OP gave up on it and then edited its post the next day without saying a thing to anyone...

But yeah, I guess it's reserved again by Move Zero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)