1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Stone RG

Stone RG Megas are broke

Reserving Choice Scarf Latias. Im pretty sure nobody has done it yet (please correct me if Im wrong) and its a worthwhile set that i have seen a lot of DragSpam teams on the ladder, and has the potential to win games if played correctly.
  2. Halcyon.

Halcyon. @ Choice Specs
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Cofagrigus is ready to be uploaded!
    Jaiho and Kingler12345 like this.
  3. Gary2346

Gary2346 Random
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Gastrodon is ready to be uploaded.
  4. Jukain

Jukain ~.~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

dropping chansey, i'm too busy
  5. ShootingStarmie

ShootingStarmie
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Erm, since Chansey is pretty similar to Blissey, I guess I could write it? Jukain, do you have a skeleton or anything that I could work off of? It's fine if you don't
  6. ShootingStarmie

ShootingStarmie
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Blissey is ready to be uploaded.
  7. asterat

asterat

GREETINGS!!! I would like to petition to remove aron's analysis and replace it with DURANT!!! Durant has the same moves and is a steel type but it has struggle bug which is much better than HP rock because it lowers special attack on the switch!!! I will write the analysis if nobody else wants to! Aron anarchy is no more!! Durantocracy!!!!!

Seriously though, I have a point.
  8. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Durant doesn't have Sturdy, which is one of the biggest selling points of using Aron in OU.
    Kingler12345 likes this.
  9. asterat

asterat

Hmm I guess I totally forgot about that.. Oops.
    ballislife likes this.
  10. ShootingStarmie

ShootingStarmie

Chansey is ready to be uploaded.
  11. Arikado

Arikado play nice, play pharah.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Okay, I don't know where to post this so I'll just say it here.

The OU Stallbreaker Mew set needs some adjustments, mainly minor ones. First of all, it should always run Timid 88 Spe, this way it will outspeed all variants of Gliscor except 252 Spe, all variants of Lando-T, and anything below that. It should also run 36 SAtk so it can successfully OHKO Lando-T. I've been put in some pretty bad situations early-game where I don't have stealth rocks up and Ice Beam leaves Lando-T at less than 10% HP. This isn't good. 36 SAtk ensures a safe OHKO, and with the Spe evs Mew has LandoT will never outspeed except if it's scarfed. Also, Psychic should be mentioned in AC and not slashed over Ice Beam. Ice Beam is the bane of the set I'd argue, really.

So the set I'm seeing should be changed into is this:

name: Stallbreaker
    move 1: Will-O-Wisp
    move 2: Taunt
    move 3: Softboiled
    move 4: Ice Beam
    item: Leftovers
    nature: Timid
    evs: 220 HP / 164 Def / 36 SpA / 88 Spe

It still keeps the necessary bulk to tank whatever it could with it's previous EV spread and now it can also still effectively check Dragonite, Garchomp, Lando-T, Gliscor, and the likes.
  12. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

Reserving Sub+3 Attacks Virizion.
  13. BlockHead Maniac

BlockHead Maniac

14. Adamant Zoroark

Adamant Zoroark

Gengar is written up and ready for its final QC check.
  15. EonX

EonX Sky's the Limit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Taking the last one, Garchomp.
  16. Martin.

Martin. formerly gamer boy

I'm surprised that Archanine never got an analysis for OU throughout the entirity of b/w2 (not sure if it did in b/w1 and if it would have been deleted) dispite its UU analysis literally saying "Arcanine is one of those Pokemon that has the BST and movepool to be OU, but its typing and Speed come up just short". I would reserve it, but I don't have enough experience with Archanine in gen 5 OU to do it. In light of this, I would just like to say that I feel it should be in the "to be reserved" list (or whatever it is called).
  17. Jukain

Jukain ~.~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

No.
  18. Tokyo Tom

Tokyo Tom Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Sorry to be posting in a dead forum, but I was wondering if I could try writing a BW2 OU Garbodor analysis, a Sub WoW Gengar analysis (it does pull this off quite well in the current meta), as well as updating the current Hydreigon analysis to fit the current meta a little better.
    Anty and Nova like this.
  19. Oglemi

Oglemi The Machampion
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Secret Boss Mod

you can feel free to post anything you feel needs to be posted, just make sure you get people that know the metagame to look over your stuff before moving on to the GP stage to get them onsite
    Tokyo Tom likes this.
  20. Alfalfa

Alfalfa aka most intelligent user on Smogon
    is a Pre-Contributor

Why would I use Garbodor in BW2 OU? What niche does it have that prevents it from being complete garbage (pun intended)?
  21. Tokyo Tom

Tokyo Tom Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Well I mean, that's ideally the purpose of me writing the analysis and the QC people accepting or rejecting it
    Anty and Nova like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)