5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Reserving Choice Scarf Latias. Im pretty sure nobody has done it yet (please correct me if Im wrong) and its a worthwhile set that i have seen a lot of DragSpam teams on the ladder, and has the potential to win games if played correctly.

GREETINGS!!! I would like to petition to remove aron's analysis and replace it with DURANT!!! Durant has the same moves and is a steel type but it has struggle bug which is much better than HP rock because it lowers special attack on the switch!!! I will write the analysis if nobody else wants to! Aron anarchy is no more!! Durantocracy!!!!!

Seriously though, I have a point.

GREETINGS!!! I would like to petition to remove aron's analysis and replace it with DURANT!!! Durant has the same moves and is a steel type but it has struggle bug which is much better than HP rock because it lowers special attack on the switch!!! I will write the analysis if nobody else wants to! Aron anarchy is no more!! Durantocracy!!!!!

Seriously though, I have a point.
Durant doesn't have Sturdy, which is one of the biggest selling points of using Aron in OU.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I don't know where to post this so I'll just say it here.

The OU Stallbreaker Mew set needs some adjustments, mainly minor ones. First of all, it should always run Timid 88 Spe, this way it will outspeed all variants of Gliscor except 252 Spe, all variants of Lando-T, and anything below that. It should also run 36 SAtk so it can successfully OHKO Lando-T. I've been put in some pretty bad situations early-game where I don't have stealth rocks up and Ice Beam leaves Lando-T at less than 10% HP. This isn't good. 36 SAtk ensures a safe OHKO, and with the Spe evs Mew has LandoT will never outspeed except if it's scarfed. Also, Psychic should be mentioned in AC and not slashed over Ice Beam. Ice Beam is the bane of the set I'd argue, really.

So the set I'm seeing should be changed into is this:

name: Stallbreaker
move 1: Will-O-Wisp
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Softboiled
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 220 HP / 164 Def / 36 SpA / 88 Spe

It still keeps the necessary bulk to tank whatever it could with it's previous EV spread and now it can also still effectively check Dragonite, Garchomp, Lando-T, Gliscor, and the likes.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm surprised that Archanine never got an analysis for OU throughout the entirity of b/w2 (not sure if it did in b/w1 and if it would have been deleted) dispite its UU analysis literally saying "Arcanine is one of those Pokemon that has the BST and movepool to be OU, but its typing and Speed come up just short". I would reserve it, but I don't have enough experience with Archanine in gen 5 OU to do it. In light of this, I would just like to say that I feel it should be in the "to be reserved" list (or whatever it is called).

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm surprised that Archanine never got an analysis for OU throughout the entirity of b/w2 (not sure if it did in b/w1 and if it would have been deleted) dispite its UU analysis literally saying "Arcanine is one of those Pokemon that has the BST and movepool to be OU, but its typing and Speed come up just short". I would reserve it, but I don't have enough experience with Archanine in gen 5 OU to do it. In light of this, I would just like to say that I feel it should be in the "to be reserved" list (or whatever it is called).
No.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to be posting in a dead forum, but I was wondering if I could try writing a BW2 OU Garbodor analysis, a Sub WoW Gengar analysis (it does pull this off quite well in the current meta), as well as updating the current Hydreigon analysis to fit the current meta a little better.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
you can feel free to post anything you feel needs to be posted, just make sure you get people that know the metagame to look over your stuff before moving on to the GP stage to get them onsite

Sorry to be posting in a dead forum, but I was wondering if I could try writing a BW2 OU Garbodor analysis, a Sub WoW Gengar analysis (it does pull this off quite well in the current meta), as well as updating the current Hydreigon analysis to fit the current meta a little better.
Why would I use Garbodor in BW2 OU? What niche does it have that prevents it from being complete garbage (pun intended)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)