Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Whenever I enter the game world, what is my starting frame? I know it depends on the number of roamers, so :

If I have no roamers is my starting frame 0 or 1?
If I have 1 roamer, is my starting frame 1 or 2?
If I have 2, is it 2 or 3?

Concrete example : If I want to catch something through sweet scent in grass which is on frame 28, and I have 2 roamers, do I need to call Elm 26 times or 25 times before I sweet scent?
In HG/SS, it's pretty much mandatory to kill off all roamers before you Sweet Scent. They advance the frame very unpredictably, and your calls to Elm will likely be completely incorrect because of it.

I would actually recommedn RNGing in your R4i since you skip the problem of having to put an AR to help you out, and there's not really difference, and if you are in your R4 then you have to calibrate for it because flashcards tend to has a better "resolution" or whatever is called, they process the emulation of the ROM faster than an Actual Game Cart if I remember correctly
Thank you, but when do I press A on both timers? For the first timer do I press A on the part that let's me start the game? This is because after I press A on that part, it shows a loading screen, and then goes to the intro of the game. For the second timer, do I press A on the menu to go in the game world?

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank you, but when do I press A on both timers? For the first timer do I press A on the part that let's me start the game? This is because after I press A on that part, it shows a loading screen, and then goes to the intro of the game. For the second timer, do I press A on the menu to go in the game world?
Yes, and yes. If you come on msn I can tutor you, lol. Provided you got to kanto.

Standing capture a Shiny Adamant 31/31/21/30/30/22 Suicune on frame 449 my target time was 23:54:14 but ingame now a day is passed now its 00:56 i called elm 9 times to check my seed in RNG reporter Search Elm func

In HG/SS, it's pretty much mandatory to kill off all roamers before you Sweet Scent. They advance the frame very unpredictably, and your calls to Elm will likely be completely incorrect because of it.
OK thanks so this brings me to a question : if I'm RNG breeding for IVs (not shininess), I'm not sure whether i should check my seed with Elm or what.
What should I do ?

1) Once i'm into the game world, load up the pokegear very quickly before the NPC moves, call Elm 9 times to check I've got my seed and keep calling him until I'm on the right frame

OR

2)Load up the pokegear very quickly, and advance the frame through the radio, whithout checking my seed, then collect the egg

OR

3)Load up the pokegear, call Elm to check the seed and not factor in these advances to the RNG, then use the radio to get from frame 3 (starting frame) to my desired frame

Thanks in advance

Standing capture a Shiny Adamant 31/31/21/30/30/22 Suicune on frame 449 my target time was 23:54:14 but ingame now a day is passed now its 00:56 i called elm 9 times to check my seed in RNG reporter Search Elm func
Does Getting trough 00:00 (midnight) advances your frame ?

Dracolosse: Depending on where you are in the procedure. I'm taking it that you already have your nature/gender/ability abuse done and is now saved in front of the old man.

Enter the game, check to see if you hit your target delay with roamer location or elm calls. If opting to use elm calls, make SURE that you do NOT go over your target frame. Once verified, get to your target frame and talk to the old man - remember that the starting frame for the old man is +1 like stationary legends.That's it :)

Pixel: What parts are you having trouble with? If you need some definitions clarified, just post that here :)

Learath2: No, I don't think so. Just call elm to verify you're on the right frame if you have yet to reach your target frame. It should not advance your frame though so you're good either way.

I'm doing Wondercard in Diamond for Raikou, and using the initial seed 690302C3. I used seed to time to find my target time at a delay of 624. Now since the target frame is 43, I need 21 page flips. I did 21, didn't get the right IVs, caught a Pokemon to check delay and it WAS 624. Now I'm confused. When you're doing page flips can you flip from and to the exact page with a defeated/caught Pokemon over and over and it'll still count?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm breeding for IV's right now. My Riolu is Timid like I want. But when I go to do the IV's, I call elm and never am able to hit my delay because when I generate / search the elm calls, it shows me the adjacent delay but the elm calls don't line up. Help?

If the elm calls are not lining up, then that just means your delay is off. Find out what delay you're hitting and adjust your timer accordingly :)

Well, I do. But it's like this:
I call him and get this for example: EPKPEEPKK
then the adj. delay RNGReporter gives me is: EPKEPEPKK or something similar. (Just a random example.)

I'm trying to RNG a Shiny Cyndaquil. When I got to Time Finder and enter all the necessary info for the IVs(parent ivs, wanted ivs, min-max delay etc.). I press Generate and RNG Reporter freezes and says Not Responding :( i am saved in front of the daycare man, and he is holding my shiny egg.

You hit your delay, but are probably off on the frames. NPC movements in pokemarts can do that to ya - sorries :(

Guess nothing to do but keep trying.

General question, a wandering Pokemon will advance the frame by 1 in every situation right? Within PokeMarts too?

I'm trying to rng for perfect ivs on the wi-fi raikou but I don't know what or how i need to do it. I tried the wondecard helper by wichu but i can't get the program to load.

I'm trying to rng for perfect ivs on the wi-fi raikou but I don't know what or how i need to do it. I tried the wondecard helper by wichu but i can't get the program to load.
What you need to do is looking for a method 1 seed, not using that program.
So use PokeRNG in the first page of this topic. Search for spreads you'd like to have, and it will give you a seed and than put it as method 1 on RNG reporter, and abuse from there.

It's not Method 1 actually it's Wondercard IVs = Method 1 frame + 2

But I think this guy needs to know the basics of rng abuse tbh

I don't believe defog does so, so I don't believe there is a way. Regardless, sandstorm doesn't affect beldum, it's mainly the take down recoil one should watch out for.
i also think nothing can do with sandstrom. with sandstrom i cant use sweet scent so no hope to get beldum with another pokeball

how about Scyther encouther slot on Bug Contest

Supe

would you suck the poison out
You can use the pokeradar in any area where there is an overworld weather effect to do capture projects. That's how I did all my Beldums. It has a really low capture rate, so be prepared!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)