In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Simisear viable all the way through the game? I really like him and his stats and movepool seem great, but everyone seems to replace him :/

Will the Victini event be counted? Because if so, you can catch it pretty early, and is strong considering base 100 in all stats. You even get him right before the BUG gym, and could help if you chose Snivy (you'd get the water monkey so it could be your first access to a fire type.

Also should the list be updated with the english names now that serebii's confirmed them and everybody uses them?
As after the Liberty Ticket event, upon release, it won't be likly to EVER be avaliable again, no, it won't be ranked.

Also, your first access to a Fire-type if you chose Snivy is actually Pansear in Yagurama Forest. 10% encounter Rate in shakeing grass. That's just before the bug gym.

Catch around Gym 7, with weak moves. Have to make a specific trade to evolve. Doesn't learn bug buzz until lv.44, and has few options (Giga drain, Fail blast, sludge bomb) as well as frail defences.

Overall not good. (Good against Dark E4 though)

Also, How good is Swanna/Ducklett? Planning to replace panpour with it?
Swanna/Ducklett are, IMO, the best in-game water types. Flying/Water is a good typing, provided you keep away from Electrics. Rock types are little issue when you have Surf, FeatherDance, and Roost [And outspeed them all except the FossilBird]. Swanna also makes excellent use of Fly and Surf, one useful HM, and one which is required for post-game.

As after the Liberty Ticket event, upon release, it won't be likly to EVER be avaliable again, no, it won't be ranked.
Is there any reason he can't be included with a caveat about needing access to the event, like the caveats for the pokes that need to be traded to evolve?

With Victini, do you have to be in a store like with Celebi to get the Liberty Ticket?
I don't really know about Wifi events, like I just found out today about the Johto Trio and shit a brick when I went and clicked on the Mystery Gift button on a whim and got a shiny Suicune, then got depressed when I found out I missed the others. Lol

I'm thinking of:
Oshawott
Crimgan
Oobemu (Alien thing)
Simisear

And then 2 others who I feel like catching. I've not heard of many people with those party members, so i'm thinking this could be a fun run-through (a team full of powerful, under-rated guys).

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK, after some busy breeding, here are the Pokemon I'm considering for my team:-
Mienshao / Scrafty
Lilligant
Jellicent
Darmanitan
Sigilyph
Excadrill / Krookadile

I'd like advice on the slahes please. I have access to their full movepools, so its more of a question of their coverage ingame, and their exp rates.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I used Simisear personally, and let me tell you this: Its really REALLY a pain to use after gym 1. The only reason to use it would be because none of the water-types this generation are particularly inspiring.

I used Simisear personally, and let me tell you this: Its really REALLY a pain to use after gym 1. The only reason to use it would be because none of the water-types this generation are particularly inspiring.
Why does it become a pain after gym 1? its stats are decent once it evolves and its coverage seems pretty good? Thanks for replying :)

With Victini, do you have to be in a store like with Celebi to get the Liberty Ticket?
I don't really know about Wifi events, like I just found out today about the Johto Trio and shit a brick when I went and clicked on the Mystery Gift button on a whim and got a shiny Suicune, then got depressed when I found out I missed the others. Lol
It'll work just like the Johto Trio, if its the same as the Japanese event.

EXP gains are odd. Usually, pokemon who end up with low total EXP to get to Lv 100, level up to 30 or so slower than pokemon who need more overall EXP. The monkeys level slow at the start, but fast towards the end. The opposite is true for the starters.

Then there's the Fluctuateing and Erratic patterns, which could have high requirements one level, and low the next.

---

@ Destiny Warrior:
I suggest Krookodile, simply because too many people use Excadrill. Also, as you're using Krookodile, don't use Scrafty, for the dark-type overlap.

@ Baztard: Be aware that Oobemu and Krimgan are both late in the game, just before the 6th gym, and just before the 7th, respectivly. Oobemu, as I've said before, is a pain at the start, becomes useful once it evolves, and pays off when you get it to the Elite 4 and post-game.

If you want underrated, use Klink [Look at his teir, then look for any one of my posts about how he curbstomps everything after him except Renbu]. Aside from that... the 3 stage bugs aren't often used, but both of them are pretty decent.

Since my fucking camera apparantly died for good, I decided to keep playing and cancelled my snivy run, and got myself a defensive team for ingame. I expected the game to be fucking annoying, but it's been so much fun this way!

Currently in the Victory Road, team is Snivy(level 67, fuck yea), Whimsicott, Jellycent, Audino, Chandelure (oh you knew this would happen), and Gothitelle.

That's exactly what I wanted to do!
How fun is it?
You know you're doing something right when you can clear through Gym 8 and Victory Road without healing hp/status even once. The only healing item I used was an Ether because I went on a Leaf Blade frenzy. Been grinding like a madman in the Road, though, since I get the feeling Shikimi's Chandelure is gonna hit like, hard. Especially since my own has a -speed nature. Except for Audino, most of my Pokes can lose 1 on 1 against Chandy. Everyone's level is currently 47, except Snivy.

edit: I did heal, a lot, but used no items. Snivy has Giga Drain, Whimsicott has Leech Seed / Cotton Guard, and Jellycent has Recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)