Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

So, it seems I can't upload my battle video on to Wi-Fi because I used a Rotom Form in the battle, is this correct? Or is Nintendo just pissing me off?
Yes, all illegal hacking make those kind wi-fi battle uploading impossible. It keeps saying that there is a problem with your/opponent pokemon.

What's a good in-game offensive set for Lugia? It's purely for fun and kicking ass in-game (playing SoulSilver). It doesn't have to be 5th gen ready; this is just for 4th gen in-game fun.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: And yes, I have checked the 4th gen sets for Lugia on-site, but the offensive sets are meant for whatever goes on in Uber matches (such as slashing on Thunder for Kyogre appearing, obviously). But things like having Thunder, WhirlWind to phaze stat-uppers, using things like Calm Mind aren't quite necessary for in-game, so those things don't really need to take up a slot.
~ Aether Nexus

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
w/e really. You can get through in-game stuff with whatever you want. Try just having decent attacks and make sure you aren't walled completely by anything.

That blows, now I can't upload videos to Youtube until 5th Gen.
I'm pretty sure you still can upload battles in youtube. There is two major options.
1-Use legal stuff only.
2-If you really must using those illegal hacks in battle, you can do just like the other youtubers and get a emulator or whatever to post the battle anyways, i guess that there is a internet program for that, honestly don't know.
And don't ask for that here, is against the rules, from this point onwards google for that.

What are the PID/ID rules when using Matsuda breeding method? Is the Pokémon shiny iff the result of XOR is less then 32 (instead of usual 8)? Are there any informations about using Matsuda method in Pokémon's data assuming there isn't any bit to describe if the Pokémon is shiny?
What are the PID/ID rules when using Pokéradar chaining for shinies?

Hey, guys. Long time, no see! I can't believe Stark Mountain is already in the "Ruins of Alph" catagory; doesn't that weird you guys out?

Anyway, I was just wondering if Scrappy allows Fighting-type moves to be super effective (such as when my Kangaskhan uses Brick Break on Froslass).

Also, do you think mentioning a Pokemon designed for the Battle Hall would be inappropriate on this site? It still seems somewhat competative; it's just in a different format with different rules. As usual, thanks to all who answer!

for the first question: yes, scrappy would allow you to hit pokemons like froslass for SE damage when using moves like brick break.

i dont know the second one though since i am not involved a lot with the battle hall and how smogon deal with it but i cant think of a reason as to why it would be considered inappropriate. it IS competitive to a extend after all.

Athenodoros

For the Battle Hall, I'd just ask wherever the Battle Tower is mentioned. Try the Battle Tower thread, which encapsulates all of the Battle Frontier.

what are the 'best' ivs for wobbuffet? i'm rng'ing in emerald, so i want to know :)
since, wouldn't it be good to have a low defense and special defense? or maybe not since then it wouldn't be recommended to have lots of def and sp. def evs..
thank you :)

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
This has been bugging me for months. I have a Heal Bell Poochyena from XD Gale of Darkness, with the ability Run Away. I Pal Parked it over to my Platinum, and EV trained it blah blah blah. I go to evolve it, and I need intimidate. I see that poochyena has 2 possible abilities: Run away and quick feet, and because its from 3rd gen, it obviously has to have run away.

This is from the smogon pal park guide:
In the 4th generation, some Pokémon who had only a single ability gained a second. When Pal Parking these Pokémon, it is important to understand what will happen. In the case of Pokémon who do not evolve, or are already fully evolved, no ability change can take place. In the case of those who do evolve there is a 50/50 chance the ability changing on evolution. For example, Absol, who does not evolve and has a single ability in the 3rd generation, will always be stuck with Pressure. Zigzagoon, on the other hand, does evolve. If Zigzagoon evolves after Pal Parking it can end up with either Pickup or Gluttony.

My question is, I have soft ressetted my evolution around 50 times, and everytime I end up getting quick feet, not intimidate for my mightyena. In the article, it said it was a 50/50 chance, but for me it seems like it was set in stone... Any help would be great, its super annoying to lose at a 50/50 chance 50 plus times in a row.

This has been bugging me for months. I have a Heal Bell Poochyena from XD Gale of Darkness, with the ability Run Away. I Pal Parked it over to my Platinum, and EV trained it blah blah blah. I go to evolve it, and I need intimidate. I see that poochyena has 2 possible abilities: Run away and quick feet, and because its from 3rd gen, it obviously has to have run away.

This is from the smogon pal park guide:
In the 4th generation, some Pokémon who had only a single ability gained a second. When Pal Parking these Pokémon, it is important to understand what will happen. In the case of Pokémon who do not evolve, or are already fully evolved, no ability change can take place. In the case of those who do evolve there is a 50/50 chance the ability changing on evolution. For example, Absol, who does not evolve and has a single ability in the 3rd generation, will always be stuck with Pressure. Zigzagoon, on the other hand, does evolve. If Zigzagoon evolves after Pal Parking it can end up with either Pickup or Gluttony.

My question is, I have soft ressetted my evolution around 50 times, and everytime I end up getting quick feet, not intimidate for my mightyena. In the article, it said it was a 50/50 chance, but for me it seems like it was set in stone... Any help would be great, its super annoying to lose at a 50/50 chance 50 plus times in a row.
The ability is set based on a value named PID, this defines the nature and is calculated when the poke is formed. Here what happened:
1-The PID that defines the ability of a poke can vary from 0 to 1.

2-If a poke got 0 in the 3º gen it will remain 0 in a 4º gen, which unfornately is your case.

3-But if a poke got 1 in the gen 3 and there was no second ability in that game, when you pal park it and it evolves it will change to the second ability cause the PID for ability was different. But could not be seen because there was no different ability.

Here is a example i got a Clefairy(there was only cute charm as a ability) in emerald with softboiled, then i pal parked her and after evolving her ability transforms into magic guard, it happened not bacause i SR enough, it happened because i got lucky and when the poke was formed in emerald it ability was PID 01.
So to summarize, you should stop Soft Resetting since it will never change to the other ability.

I'm trying to get a Milotic, can someone help me out? How much berries do I need? It already has max happiness and 7 or 8 Keens already. How will I know if it has enough beauty? Does it need to be in max level?

this is bugging the shit out of me. i'm starting a new game in soulsilver, and i got a quil. what bugged me is that its a careful nature yet the Sdefense stat is colored red, not blue. thoughts?

this is bugging the shit out of me. i'm starting a new game in soulsilver, and i got a quil. what bugged me is that its a careful nature yet the Sdefense stat is colored red, not blue. thoughts?
It's completely alright. The red is the increase, and blue is the decrease. Also if you didn't remember careful= +s.def and -s.atk.

Hi guys, can someone please please please find my SID? Please.. :D I don't have an Action Replay.. If someone is nice enough to do that, here is my ID.. 24373.. Please.. :)

Athenodoros

That's not how it works. You'll have to catch a shiny Pokemon the normal way or a couple of chained/Red Gyarados shinies or ask someone with Pokesav etc. Ask in the Wifi forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)