Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Question: Let's say I have the Bulbasaur family (Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur). I obtained a Bulbasaur and bred it, and from that new bred Bulbasaur I re-breed two more Bulbasaurs (to become an Ivysaur and Venusaur -- this is in regard to Pokedex completion reasons) -- will each Bulbasuar have its own PID, or will they all be the same?

Now, I'm pretty sure this is correct, but if I obtained the first bred Bulbasaur (after obtaining the one not from breeding, by like say from the beginning of FR/LG, etc.) and traded it to my Emerald version and cloned it (2 more times) using the cloning glitch, they'll all have the same PID, correct (well, they'll all have the same information, but I'm mainly concerned about PID's right now)? Or if I clone it, will it obtain a different PID (because dont each Pokemon gain its own PID which makes it different from every other Pokemon obtained in the game?)? Lastly, how many digits are there in a Pokemons PID? Isn't it like 32 digits or something? The last question is merely for curiosity reasons, as I use to think they were in the digit range of your ID/SID, so not
sure if what I read was right or wrong.

Edit: 2 more questions.

1) Is there any Pokemon that has one type in its one evolution stage that changes type in its second evolution stage? Like, say if the first Pokemon was Fire/Dark, but then its evolved form becomes Water/Dark -- is there such a Pokemon that changes its type like that when evolving? Not asking if there is a Pokemon with those types, just wondering if there is a Pokemon that changes types completely like that of the example, but not with those types.

2) I have a Tyrantiar and a Reigrock out in doubles (3rd gen) and both 'mon gain a boost from Sandstream, correct? Now, my Regirock is the Swagger/Psych Up Reigrock set on-site (3rd gen) and I use Swagger first turn on one of my opponents 'mons then Psych Up the gained boost. My question is this: Will Reigrock lose his boost from Sandstream if I Psych Up a Pokemon that doesn't gain from Sandstream? Or will I gain the +2 (and so on) boost from the 'mon as well as retain my boost from Sandstream? Basically, will me Psych Up'ing the other 'mon take away my Sandstream boost or will I still have that and gain the other Pokemons upped stats (from Swagger, etc.)?

~ Aether Nexus
No, sand storm boost powers up rock ground steal moves as long as it's there, so not if rayquaza came in for example.

As for that other one, eevee completely changes type opon evolution, but nincada changes from ground to flying, opon evolution (with the bonus of getting a ghost bug also).

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
No, sand storm boost powers up rock ground steal moves as long as it's there, so not if rayquaza came in for example.

As for that other one, eevee completely changes type opon evolution, but nincada changes from ground to flying, opon evolution (with the bonus of getting a ghost bug also).
What do you mean? sandstorm doesn't power up those moves, it only damages every pokemon on the field bar ground, steel, rock or those possesing the sand veil ability. Besides, while it's true that sandstorm boosts the sp. defense stat of rock types, it only happens in 4th and 5th gen (and the question was for 3rd gen).

@aether
In addition to the other question about evolution changes, surskit also changes from bug/water to bug/flying after evolving; there are other examples like scizor (going from bug/flying to bug/steel) and Steelix (from ground/rock to ground/steel) and even the tyranitar from your own example (from ground/rock to rock/dark).

What do you mean? sandstorm doesn't power up those moves, it only damages every pokemon on the field bar ground, steel, rock or those possesing the sand veil ability. Besides, while it's true that sandstorm boosts the sp. defense stat of rock types, it only happens in 4th and 5th gen (and the question was for 3rd gen).

@aether
In addition to the other question about evolution changes, surskit also changes from bug/water to bug/flying after evolving; there are other examples like scizor (going from bug/flying to bug/steel) and Steelix (from ground/rock to ground/steel) and even the tyranitar from your own example (from ground/rock to rock/dark).
Well, there's nothing that says it doesn't give you the Special Defense boost in 3rd gen. Both Smogon and Bulbapedia both say it just gives you a 50% Special Defense boost if you're a Rock-type (hence my Regirock).

What I mean is this: Regirock gains the 50% Sp.Def boost from Sandstream, and I use Psych Up on a non-Rock-type Pokemon (meaning that Pokemon DOES NOT gain the 50% boost). Now, do I lose the 50% boost because I used Psych Up on a Pokemon that doesn't get the boost? Or do I retain the 50% boost from Sandstream still and copy the stat changes (this being when I use Swagger on it to gain the +2 attack and so on boost) on the opposing 'mon?

~ Aether Nexus

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, there's nothing that says it doesn't give you the Special Defense boost in 3rd gen. Both Smogon and Bulbapedia both say it just gives you a 50% Special Defense boost if you're a Rock-type (hence my Regirock).

What I mean is this: Regirock gains the 50% Sp.Def boost from Sandstream, and I use Psych Up on a non-Rock-type Pokemon (meaning that Pokemon DOES NOT gain the 50% boost). Now, do I lose the 50% boost because I used Psych Up on a Pokemon that doesn't get the boost? Or do I retain the 50% boost from Sandstream still and copy the stat changes (this being when I use Swagger on it to gain the +2 attack and so on boost) on the opposing 'mon?

~ Aether Nexus
Sorry but I beg to differ http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sandstorm_(move)
Anyway if you play on 4th gen then the last scenario is the one that occurs as explained by supermarth64 above me.

You keep the sandstorm boost because sandstorm doesn't really give you "+1", it gives you a flat 50% boost.
All right, thanks.
Sorry but I beg to differ http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sandstorm_(move)
Anyway if you play on 4th gen then the last scenario is the one that occurs as explained by supermarth64 above me.
Yeah, see, I didn't look up Sandstorm -- I looked up Sandstream and on there it didn't say anything about the boost being in a specific generation and upwards.

Right, well then, since I don't gain the boost in 3rd gen, there's no point for me to use a Tyranitar/Regirock combo in XD. Man, when you get use to 4th gen then jump down a generation, you really see how much is missing, and thanks to only a few tiny changes (be it items or new gained moves/new moves) it truly changes things around.

Thanks for the help, fellas.

~ Aether Nexus

I've been battling for awhile now but I've been more or less just throwing random pokes in to make teams for the main part now I want to make some teams that actually has some synergy in them. A lot of places talk about using teams with a fire, wate,r grass core and I was just wondering if there are any other cores that complement each other like a fire, water, grass one.

EV TRAINING SERVICE
I am offering a ev training service for those who need it. To make this a win win situation I will ask you to clone the pokemon you want ev trained so we will both have one. Every pokemon I ev train will be perfectly ev trained however you want it. I use no hacks at all on my game and I am not blacklisted.

3. I will notify you via private message if I agree to ev train your pokemon, don't get upset I am only one person and can ev train them only so fast.
4. Because I expect a clone as payment, the more intresting the pokemon you want ev trained, the better possibility that I will ev train it.
5. I will send you my Friend code for my pokemon Black in the Private message that I send you
6. If you can't clone then talk to me about other means of payment (other pokemon)
iF YOU ARE INTERESTED, THEN PM OR VM ME.

Can the weather rocks(Heat, Damp etc.) maintain the effect if the Pokemon holding and setting up U-Turns or Baton Passes?

For example, if I lead with Ambipom which is holding Heat Rock and I set up Sunny Day then I proceed to U-Turn or Baton Pass, will I get the extra turns of sun for the next Pokemon?

I mean as if there is any research on how they react on your actions. Seeing how much of this game is in percentages, this will probably be in percentages too, so i.e. if you use Bait on a Chansey, how many times does it flee, how many times does it eat, how often is caught?

I'm interested in playing Little Cup through Wi-Fi matches, and since I've never played LC, I wouldn't know the level to raise my 'mon at or stop at. Do we use them right away after they hatch or do we raise them to level 5, 100, etc.?

~ Aether Nexus

Hello,

Could anybody tell me how to really get involved into Gen 5 UU? I have been following everything but never really got into the game. I understand some but not all of the game. Where do I start, is there any basic team, anybody who could coach me through? Any special person to follow?

Kind regards,

Ummm... I have been reading through the Analyses for some Pokemon, and have thought of/ have some movesets i would like to propse. Problem is: the Analyses are Done, and I'm fair sure I can't add anything/propose any new movesets. Is there anywhere I can propose new movesets for Done Analyses or am I able to ask to add a moveset?

Thank You to any help I am given,

Toastie - I can't coach you, but I can tell you that there is no basic team, it's all your preference, and to find someone to follow/get coached by, check the tutoring forums. You should be able to get there by searching for them, or I think that there is a link from the home page, along the left side somewhere.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I mean as if there is any research on how they react on your actions. Seeing how much of this game is in percentages, this will probably be in percentages too, so i.e. if you use Bait on a Chansey, how many times does it flee, how many times does it eat, how often is caught?
Each Pokemon has a catch rate and an escape rate, which have default levels based on the species, and can move in stages like Attack and Defense stats (100%, 150%, 200%, up to 300%). When you throw bait, the escape rate goes down a stage, and the catch rate has a 90% chance of going down a stage too. Throwing mud/rock raises the catch rate by one stage, but has a 90% chance of raising the escape rate by a stage too. At the end of each turn, if a random number between 0 and 254 is less than the escape rate, the Pokemon escapes. However, this does only hold for 4th gen games.

I'm interested in playing Little Cup through Wi-Fi matches, and since I've never played LC, I wouldn't know the level to raise my 'mon at or stop at. Do we use them right away after they hatch or do we raise them to level 5, 100, etc.?

~ Aether Nexus
There is actually a guide on-site about Little Cup, here. You play at level 5.

Hello,

Could anybody tell me how to really get involved into Gen 5 UU? I have been following everything but never really got into the game. I understand some but not all of the game. Where do I start, is there any basic team, anybody who could coach me through? Any special person to follow?

Kind regards,
Beyond what Lord Vaticus said, start off by going to the 5th gen UU forum, here. After that, look at the stats and maybe watch a few battles on Pokemon Online. Just trying it is the best advice, because there is no substitute for actual experience, and you'll probably learn quickly.

There is also a tutoring sub-forum here.

Ummm... I have been reading through the Analyses for some Pokemon, and have thought of/ have some movesets i would like to propse. Problem is: the Analyses are Done, and I'm fair sure I can't add anything/propose any new movesets. Is there anywhere I can propose new movesets for Done Analyses or am I able to ask to add a moveset?

Thank You to any help I am given,
This forum is about changes to 4th gen analyses. Read the rules and guidelines for how all of that works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)