Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a 3 vs 3 team for random battles, I was thinking to use milotic and miltank(herbivore) but does anyone have a good idea for the third pokemon?

What would be a good nature for the Rotom formes now that they no longer have the Ghost type? I suspect they won't be as good at taking physical hits now. . .

What would be a good nature for the Rotom formes now that they no longer have the Ghost type? I suspect they won't be as good at taking physical hits now. . .
Try bold or calm, that what i did on my rotom-W, but it can be done with heat or mow rotom also.

If Landorus has the Dream World ability Sheer Force, does it negate Giga Impact's secondary ability of recharging and increases it attack by 33%? and if it does, when are they gonna release this ability? :D

@Enraikou: use Landorus, it covers Miltank's and Milotic's weakness...
Lol, i was partly kidding there, you should look for what your team needs and try to put something that compliments your pokemon, do you want a defensive team? stall?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When do legends respawn?
As far as I'm aware, only Victini, Reshiram & Zekrom respawn. The others, you only have one shot of capturing.
Can someone help me figure out my Secret ID for Pokemon white?
Ask the Wi-Fi Forum.
Anything with a -Atk nature is good on a Rotom Form.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks, also is there an NPC that tells me if I've maxed the EVs on a Pokemon?
Yes. I believe it's in Opelucid City, but I may be remembering wrong.
If Landorus has the Dream World ability Sheer Force, does it negate Giga Impact's secondary ability of recharging and increases it attack by 33%? and if it does, when are they gonna release this ability? :D
No, because the recharge is considered a primary effect. As a general rule, no negative effects (on the user) are negated.

Is there a pokemon lottery drawing in B/W? The thing in HG/SS to win master balls and such. If not is there any other incentive to have many different ID numbers?

In actual two-on-two battles, with four total people, does each person only get to use three pokemon, or is it possible to have four separate people use full teams; essentially two teams of 12?
Most competative people are afraid of team play, I've noticed in every game, so I haven't really had much need to explore double-battle rules for actual four-person battles.

When will Black/White be added to Smogon? (Including tiers.)
I looked around to see if this was previously posted. (I'm sure it was I must have overlooked it though.)
Cheers,
Carpe

Is it just me or do pokemon in this gen look REALLY SMUGGY SMUG?
Nah, it's not you. Unova was based on NYC, so all the pokemon had to be either smug or eccentric. I think they hit the nail on the head.

But really, is there anywhere I can find the rules and mechanics for tag/multi-battles, or if they're even included in Gen V?
I've looked at a lot of places, and most of them say suprisingly little at all, and I'm really afraid that they might have taken out 2v2 for the new 3v3 and rotation battles, which I can't say I think would make good four-player battle formats.

Nah, it's not you. Unova was based on NYC, so all the pokemon had to be either smug or eccentric. I think they hit the nail on the head.

But really, is there anywhere I can find the rules and mechanics for tag/multi-battles, or if they're even included in Gen V?
I've looked at a lot of places, and most of them say suprisingly little at all, and I'm really afraid that they might have taken out 2v2 for the new 3v3 and rotation battles, which I can't say I think would make good four-player battle formats.
Wait what? Since when was Unova was based off of NYC? I lived in Queens/Brooklyn for 10 years and I don't see ANY resemblance :justin2:

Where in Cold Storage is TM55 (Scald)? Serebii said it was in the building and I can't find it. Is it only after the E4 or something? Or am I just an awful looker?

EDIT: Found it. Hidden behind a pillar.

Any news on if it's possible to use WFC with a friend in the Battle Subway? Yeah, tons of guides/places say to use the "Light Blue Train", but that information is incorrect as it just pits you against other people's groups and doesn't let you team up with a friend. D:

Where in Cold Storage is TM55 (Scald)? Serebii said it was in the building and I can't find it. Is it only after the E4 or something? Or am I just an awful looker?

If I remember right.. it's partially hidden behind one of the boxes in there? Friend of mine had problems finding it too

http://gaygamer.net/2011/03/06/bw1.jpg

http://www.tropolism.com/nyc.panoramic.map2.jpg

queens/brooklin would mostly be Nuvema town and the eastern landmass you encounter after the E-4; I'm pretty sure the bridge you cross into Castelia is supposed to be the Brooklyn bridge.

A friend of mine is having problems finding scald too, but I swear I like, accidentally found it, and it wasn't all that hidden. Check everywhere, even outside the storage itself, and never forget to Dowse.

I'm not quite sure where to ask this so please notify me if it belongs somewhere else. I'm brand new to competitive Pokemon and have no idea which team to start with. I have read the intro to competitive battling and it says to use teams that are "tried and true" when you first start off. Which teams might those be?

P.S. I'm playing 5th generation, so I'm not sure there are any.

http://gaygamer.net/2011/03/06/bw1.jpg

http://www.tropolism.com/nyc.panoramic.map2.jpg

queens/brooklin would mostly be Nuvema town and the eastern landmass you encounter after the E-4; I'm pretty sure the bridge you cross into Castelia is supposed to be the Brooklyn bridge.

A friend of mine is having problems finding scald too, but I swear I like, accidentally found it, and it wasn't all that hidden. Check everywhere, even outside the storage itself, and never forget to Dowse.
Sensei you wouldn't happen to be "gay gamer"? :doom::happybrain::cloud::kongler::avatar2::jump: (no offense dude, just joking with yah)

I'm not quite sure where to ask this so please notify me if it belongs somewhere else. I'm brand new to competitive Pokemon and have no idea which team to start with. I have read the intro to competitive battling and it says to use teams that are "tried and true" when you first start off. Which teams might those be?

P.S. I'm playing 5th generation, so I'm not sure there are any.
Dude this is why I hate smogon sometimes, the air of elitism...
I hate that people have here have a mindset that pokemon must be 31/31/31/31/31/31/31/31 and bee 254 for 2 evs and no less and have this item and ONLY these moves and if by the off chance you lose, get ready to disconnect.

Pick what YOU want and remember have fun, the "rules" are NOT rules, they are guidelines in actuality and you should take them as such.
No offense to anyone, but I learned about this place from /vg/, they call people from here "smogon _ags" because of the above "mindset".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)