relationship thread

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
normally I scoff at these kinds of threads because I'm like "get over it you 13-year-olds you just need to take your thumb out of your ass" but this is different. Also, if any of you decide to turn this into a firebot-type thread I will kill you. First off, a little backstory though. I get to say my piece and then the rest of you can tell me how to deal with this bullshit.

There's this girl I've been into for longer than my pride allows me to admit right now, and for a long time nothing really happened. Mostly due to my own obliviousness, I have to admit: it turned out my suspicions were correct and she felt the same way about me, I was just too fucking autistic to notice. Some of it is her fault, too: she's pretty hard to get hold of because that's just the way she is, whatever. So over the past couple weeks I've been making more of an effort to get a conversation going, not least because it will have been the end of term soon and from then on I won't be around college that much and everyone will be too busy studying etc etc.

I got her number etc which was something I could have and should have done ages ago, but that's besides the point. Things moved pretty damn quickly after showing that initial interest, because as I said she felt much the same towards me. So over the next week we went out to lunch, I got our first kiss and then within a few days she's inviting me round to dinner (and "dinner"). Kerching, right? It saved me the hassle of doing it myself because lately my cooking hasn't been up to scratch (but not my "cooking" of course heh). So yeah things "developed" and shit was pretty awesome. But as you can probably tell, I wouldn't be writing this if that's where things ended.

About a week later I call her up, see if she wants to hang out but says she's busy with orchestra, so I'm like okay whatever. I just stayed in college trying to do work. In fact, she tells me that orchestra is every Monday which is why I've never seen her around that day. But then...later I bump into my housemate's girlfriend, who's also part of orchestra, so I ask her what she's even doing here. "Oh, my rehearsals are on Tuesdays." See, I'm always busy on Tuesday evenings because of this play I'm involved in, so I've never cared if my girlfriend was free that night. So as you could imagine, I began to wonder, well more than wonder because I am a paranoid fuck. I realise that I'm probably just seeing the worst of things but against my better judgement I give her a ring. The phone rings for a few seconds, then a girl with slightly posh london accent answers.

"Hey what's up?"
"Hey can you call later, I'm in the middle of rehearsals."

I hung up. Fuck this, I'm going round there right now to see what the fuck is going on. On my way to the tube station I almost get bloody run over because I'm not paying attention to the traffic lights because I'm just thinking of what the fuck she's doing right now. I shove my way past all the sheep commuters, get off and start walking down towards her flat. I get there, knock on the door a little bit too hard and her housemate opens the door. The guy seemed a bit uneasy, so I asked "Hello, mind if I come in?" rather rhetorically, because I am in no fucking mood right now and whatever I see next is a foregone conclusion. Before he can answer I push past him and head towards her bedroom.

"Don't do this." I just about hear over the thumping of my heart, and I would've throttled him too if my mind wasn't elsewhere right now. So I walked slowly upstairs, scared of what I'm about to see. The girl I've maybe not fallen in love with but felt more strongly towards than anyone for a very long time. I opened the door.

I...I got on the floor.

And everybody walked the dinosaur.

Needed more substance.

You went from "Staring at her from across the room" to "I'm going to kill this bitch for what she might have done to me, because we had sex and I love her" in no time at all.

I just, couldn't get emotionally drawn into the story.

gg sir, I should have realized I was trolled when you said she was your girlfriend. Well played, would read again. 10/10
you shoulda realized you were being trolled when he said a girl was even remotely interested in him

OHHHH SNAP :doom:
I'm kidding, of course

Very first thing I thought when I saw this thread:

"Posted by cookie, must be a troll."

It's a good thing I have tl;dr Syndrome, I just skipped straight to the bottom.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i told you everyone would think you were kidding; this is too niche a relationship problem

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Honestly the "don't turn this into a firebot thread" thing tipped me off.

I also knew that Bruce Willis was dead all along.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow you devil. You completely had me until the end, I was ready to post the obligatory "I hope you feel better etc..." Damn, this was a good troll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)